Status
Not open for further replies.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
You’re overrating Szczesny. I don’t think he’s the long term answer at all. He’s been ok, nothing special. De Gea is on another level.

The only reason I wouldn’t do it is because I believe in Perin
Szczesny is miles ahead of Perin. The Italian has been showing glimpses of talent interrupted by two long term injuries while Szczęsny has been consistently performing for Roma and even Buffon admitted he was the best goalie in Serie A during his last season in Roma. Not to mention he won the rivalry with Allison in Rome. Perin :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Szczesny is miles ahead of Perin. The Italian has been showing glimpses of talent interrupted by two long term injuries while Szczęsny has been consistently performing for Roma and even Buffon admitted he was the best goalie in Serie A during his last season in Roma. Not to mention he won the rivalry with Allison in Rome. Perin :lol:
Perin is still a really good GK. Personally, I like his distribution from the back when pegging those long passes.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus eye Man City talent Foden

By Football Italia staff

Juventus are making plans to sign Manchester City youth product Phil Foden, who will be out of contract at the end of the season. :lol:
According to The Mirror newspaper, they see it as a similar deal to the one that allowed them to poach Paul Pogba from Manchester United practically for free.
Foden is an England Under-21 international and could be available for just a development costs fee of £175,000.
The midfielder only turned 18 in May and is already on the radar of several international clubs, including Juventus.

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It makes sense on our part but it makes no sense for Man Utd to sell for only 70M...
He isn't worth more than 70m currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Woj might be better but isn't miles ahead. Perin is the best Italian GK currently. I'm glad we have him and love the pull we have, but he made a poor career decision by joining us.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #607
    Perin is still a really good GK. Personally, I like his distribution from the back when pegging those long passes.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus eye Man City talent Foden

By Football Italia staff

Foden-ManCity-epa.jpg

EPA.png

Juventus are making plans to sign Manchester City youth product Phil Foden, who will be out of contract at the end of the season. :lol:
    According to The Mirror newspaper, they see it as a similar deal to the one that allowed them to poach Paul Pogba from Manchester United practically for free.
    Foden is an England Under-21 international and could be available for just a development costs fee of £175,000.
    The midfielder only turned 18 in May and is already on the radar of several international clubs, including Juventus.
    :beppe2:

oh wait! :shifty:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    He isn't worth more than 70m currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Woj might be better but isn't miles ahead. Perin is the best Italian GK currently. I'm glad we have him and love the pull we have, but he made a poor career decision by joining us.
    Tell that to Man Utd..
    Anyway he is worth way more than 70M he is just not playing for the right team...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Foden would spend 3/4 seasons with us, then go back to England for the money as soon as he's established, just like Pogs.

Do not want.
    So basically what you are saying is we would get a player who will be very good and in his last two seasons will even be WC all of this for free and then in 3-4 years time we would get a 100M equivalent cash injection - I really dont see any cons in this...
    Its better to have a great player and get cash in addition than not receive any cash and not having a great player...

Its like some hottie will offer to give you a BJ several times and later she says she moved on but hey here is some cash for all that time you let me give you a BJ.. - makes no sense refusing it..

- - - Updated - - -

Tell that to Pogba..
    I think he already figured it out..

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017
    So basically what you are saying is we would get a player who will be very good and in his last two seasons will even be WC all of this for free and then in 3-4 years time we would get a 100M equivalent cash injection - I really dont see any cons in this...
    Its better to have a great player and get cash in addition than not receive any cash and not having a great player...

Its like some hottie will offer to give you a BJ several times and later she says she moved on but hey here is some cash for all that time you let me give you a BJ.. - makes no sense refusing it..
    But the cash you'll get comes from a new guy who pays you that she give BJ now to him and not to you anymore. Not everyone likes that, because the hurt due to missing her and seeing her giving BJ to another guy is bigger than the joy before. @Nedved96 is it that?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    But the cash you'll get comes from a new guy who pays you that she give BJ now to him and not to you anymore. Not everyone likes that, because the hurt due to missing her and seeing her giving BJ to another guy is bigger than the joy before. @Nedved96 is it that?
    Its a random girl not your "future wife" so it shouldnt hurt that much if you look at it this way..
    And.. you can use the money for other hotties :D

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Tell that to Man Utd..
    Anyway he is worth way more than 70M he is just not playing for the right team...
    What makes you think Pogba's market value is more than 70m in today's market with this level of performance and inconsistency for Utd for 2.5 years? Utd doesn't have leverage either, he wants out and made that clear even publicly repeatedly. And 70m isn't exactly chump change.

Mar 3, 2014
    not sure if posted already, but Sport Bild linking us with....

calma @italiacalcio10

apparently Ronaldo wants him here lol. we dont need another AM/winger? fine, he played CM under Heynckes 6 times last season, and they lost only once (1-2 to Madrid) in less than a full season. play him next to Pjanic and Matuidi/Can/sami :diculo:

marketability - check
    Mendes agent - check

:agnelli:
    lol won't get hopes up. Very skeptical of any article saying Ronaldo wants us to sign someone. To be honest, I'd like him, but I just don't know how much room there would be for him. That would be our 4th left footed attacking mid/winger hahah.

I'm surprised I'm saying this but if its for a January transfer, I'd like to see Pogba more than anyone. His ability to link mid & attack would be very useful, and he's familiar with the team. It could be a move that makes the difference in winning the Champions League.

Perhaps, we should also look at a substitute striker, although I don't know who. When Mandzukic is out, we lack a true #9, which was obvious on the weekend. He doesn't have to be amazing, but a depth option would help to come off the bench, if we need a guy who can hold up the ball well if Mandzukic gets hurt. Don't know who it could be though. There isn't a lot of options - Giroux? That seems underwhelming. dunno lol.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    What makes you think Pogba's market value is more than 70m in today's market with this level of performance and inconsistency for Utd for 2.5 years? Utd doesn't have leverage either, he wants out and made that clear even publicly repeatedly. And 70m isn't exactly chump change.
    1. World Cup win
    2. He provides the numbers even if he is not remotely good for them as he was for us
    3. It doesnt matter if he wants out or not if the club acts like a bitch.. I mean I dont know how Man Utd will act but lets say PSG would have blocked the move and throw money on him to get him in a more relaxed mode

- - - Updated - - -

not sure if posted already, but Sport Bild linking us with....

calma @italiacalcio10

apparently Ronaldo wants him here lol. we dont need another AM/winger? fine, he played CM under Heynckes 6 times last season, and they lost only once (1-2 to Madrid) in less than a full season. play him next to Pjanic and Matuidi/Can/sami :diculo:

marketability - check
    Mendes agent - check

:agnelli:
    I always admired James + He is fast and knows how to create space and has some great passing skills

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)