Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
But the cash you'll get comes from a new guy who pays you that she give BJ now to him and not to you anymore. Not everyone likes that, because the hurt due to missing her and seeing her giving BJ to another guy is bigger than the joy before. @Nedved96 is it that?
Juventus football club is no cuck. We are a team of alpha males.

I’d rather have a player who will spend their prime here, that’s just a personal preference.

Like this guy, the next Riquelme.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Juventus football club is no cuck. We are a team of alpha males.

I’d rather have a player who will spend their prime here, that’s just a personal preference.

Like this guy, the next Riquelme.

Can he defend?

Show us some defensive stats compared to Eriksen, pls.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
We almost signed CR when he was at Sporting, Salas fucked that up IIRC. We got him now.

We were also interested in James when he played in Argentina. 2010:

f3fd3e16cfebd89372f2ebdc22c52fb5.png

Is Bild reliable?

Mar 3, 2014
Realistically if we bring in James, Dybala is gone. I can't see us keeping both - they would step all over each other. That would be a 4th left footed attacking player. Obviously they play different positions, and honestly I do think James is the more versatile player, that being said, James doesn't play striker, which means we would only have Mandzukic & Ronaldo if Dybala were sold. Our depth situation probably favours Dybala, even if Rodriguez is probably a better midfielder than Dybala. Also Dybala is familiar with the team while Rodriguez would need to be integrated.

if selling Dybala permitted Juventus to buy Rodriguez & Pogba, I might be tempted because that would improve us net after the team adjusts. Keeping Dybala and buying Rodriguez doesn't seem that useful - since the only logical formation I can think of is a 4-3-1-2 formation playing all 3 players, and it would sorely lack a true #9. In a central mid role, Pjanic with Rodriguez would leave a lot to be desired on the defensive end and would mean that Can would probably be the only DM option when those two are players are on (Allegri once said that Can as DM allows a CM with more quality to play, ie: a Bernadeschi for example).

I would much prefer a Pogba purchase (or another CM that is athletic and good on the ball with ability to link play/ run with ball) vs. James if we are keeping Dybala.

My preference is to go for Pogba, and add a depth striker (pure #9 that can help in build up and occupy central areas given both Ronaldo & Dybala likely moving into wide areas). Unfortunately, there are few strikers who are good enough for Juventus:
I see 4 buckets to pick from - Italian strikers, proven strikers for top teams that are either not elite or past their prime, top strikers from europa league caliber teams, or young players entering prime (most expensive)

1st Bucket - Italian #9s - Immobile, Belotti, Zaza - I think all would cost more than they are worth.
2nd Bucket - Established Strikers for top teams that are not considered elite or past their prime. - Olivier Giroux, Benzema, Falcao
3rd Bucket - Top strikers on top teams in non-top 4 leagues or europa league caliber players - Aduriz, Jonas, Bas Dost, William Jose, Nils Petersen
4th Bucket - Young players with upside - Piatek, Andre Silva, Cutrone.

1st Bucket - NO THANKS
2nd Bucket - Probably the most enticing are Benzema & Giroux. Benzema has played with Ronaldo and plays well in central positions, however, he isn't a true #9. Giroux is a true #9, and very good off the ball. He has important in the world cup, and is an expiring contract. Giroux as a bench player, taking a vice Mandzukic role would be serviceable.
3rd Bucket - NO THANKS
4th Bucket - Possibly, but would be expensive & raw. Silva is interesting bc of the portuguese connection and huge improvement in his game since leaving Milan, but ultimately don't think its the best option.

Feels good to get to the point where you can reject 90% of players because they aren't good enough. We're there.

- - - Updated - - -

That account isn't fake news
https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...entus-turin-verlaengerung-58110002.sport.html

Def not fake lol

- - - Updated - - -

Agnelli gonna use his great relations with Bayern, give them Dybala (once Lewa goes to Madrid) and take James off them. @Fr3sh @Bianconero81 pls discuss
Boss wants him...
Beppe Marotta - December 2017 said:
Rodriguez was confirmed to be "a player who is very dear to president [Andrea] Agnelli”.
Just that makes it feasible, I suppose. I do think Dybala would have to be out though.

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
That account isn't fake news
Yep, it is, because this is not written in the real SportBild article. Juve has the most insecure fanbase right now. Don't get me wrong, it just goes for Cristiano fanboys, who we're supporting Madrid few months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

SportBild. Christian Falk, precisely. But don't trust them much.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Yep, it is, because this is not written in the real SportBild article. Juve has the most insecure fanbase right now. Don't get me wrong, it just goes for Cristiano fanboys, who we're supporting Madrid few months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

What? You seem triggered to me, you're taking shots out of the blue

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I really like James Rodriguez, but don't we have too many attacking options right now?

And he can't play as a CM either.

Mar 3, 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Gotcha, I think... you're saying the summary isn't accurat and includes embellished facts.
...Doesn't say anywhere about Mendes working on it already - just says that he wants out of Bayern and juve is interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Heynckes disagrees
That's a really aggressive formation - looks like a 4-1-4-1. Definitely agree he can play CM too. He did for Ancelotti as a Mezzala in a 4-3-3. But I don't Allegri would ever play something that offensive - basically has 5 offensively minded players that are naturally play attacking mid or even higher up the pitch- Lewandowski, Muller, Ribery, Robben, Rodriguez & 1 defensive minded player. I could see Allegri doing something where Can would play as a pure DM, allowing James to play as a Mezzala w/ Pjanic. However, I don't see how Allegri benches Matuidi at this point in time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)