Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Lol at James playing as a CM for an Italian team.

And all this discussion because of a random BILD article. Bild is 95% fake news.
I could see it if he were deployed next to Matuidi & in front of Can. It might take a 3-5-2 as well lol, but I'm sure it could happen.

- - - Updated - - -

The best part (apart from Ronaldo wants) is us having that much to spend in Jan.
We'd sell Dybala if we buy Rodriguez. I'd bet on it. I think it's impossible w/o a Dybala sale to be honest. Also, I do find the plethora of articles claiming that Ronaldo is asking us to sign the world a bit amusing.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Yep, it is, because this is not written in the real SportBild article. Juve has the most insecure fanbase right now. Don't get me wrong, it just goes for Cristiano fanboys, who we're supporting Madrid few months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

SportBild. Christian Falk, precisely. But don't trust them much.
Gotcha, I think... you're saying the summary isn't accurat and includes embellished facts.
...Doesn't say anywhere about Mendes working on it already - just says that he wants out of Bayern and juve is interested.
It does say that about Jorge Mendes: "According to the report, James' adviser Jorge Mendes, who also represents Ronaldo, is being built."

Bild's source is Rai Sport.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see it if he were deployed next to Matuidi & in front of Can. It might take a 3-5-2 as well lol, but I'm sure it could happen.

- - - Updated - - -

We'd sell Dybala if we buy Rodriguez. I'd bet on it. I think it's impossible w/o a Dybala sale to be honest. Also, I do find the plethora of articles claiming that Ronaldo is asking us to sign the world a bit amusing.
You think we'll sign James and drop Pjanic and play 352 and sell Dybala? There are a lot of oddities in that scenario, and wouldn't selling Pjanic instead of Dybala make more sense in that case?

We're not signing James. Makes no sense tactically, financially, and he's not someone who can take us to the next level.

Last edited:

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I don’t think we will make any major sales in January. And I don’t think we will make any big purchases in January unless there is an injury crisis. Possibly a depth CF or CM or maybe we buy a young player and immediately loan out but that’s about it.

Mar 3, 2014
It does say that about Jorge Mendes: "According to the report, James' adviser Jorge Mendes, who also represents Ronaldo, is being built."

Bild's source is Rai Sport.

- - - Updated - - -

You think we'll sign James and drop Pjanic and play 352 and sell Dybala? There are a lot of oddities in that scenario, and wouldn't selling Pjanic instead of Dybala make more sense in that case?

We're not signing James. Makes no sense tactically, financially, and he's not someone who can take us to the next level.
No. 1) I don't think we'll sign James for the reasons you said. 2) if we buy James I do not think we use him as a CM.

IF WE WERE TO SIGN JAMES...I think we will sell Dybala and utilize James as an attacker, behind Ronaldo & Mandzukic where Dybala plays. I don't think we keep them both. And arguably James is better in that position. Dybala is a superior striker without a doubt, but James is better as a creator IMO and a more natural attacking midfielder. Unfortunately the signing of Ronaldo has put Dybala in a weird situation. He is playing further back from goal, and he is taking 1 shot less per game.

Would I sign James to sell Dybala? no. It's risky. And I'm convinced it will be an improvement since we will only have two players who can play forward positions naturally + Kean. But if a large sale of Dybala to Madrid where we were able to buy a couple of players were to happen, I'd be ok with it. Dybala can probably fetch EUR120M to EUR180M - if that allowed us to buy say Pogba & James, I wouldn't complain lol. That won't happen though.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I don’t think we will make any major sales in January. And I don’t think we will make any big purchases in January unless there is an injury crisis. Possibly a depth CF or CM or maybe we buy a young player and immediately loan out but that’s about it.
We need that 6th CM and will get one in Jan, won't make sense otherwise, but it'll be someone on loan or a cheap purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

because Berna playing CM is so much different :baus:
Berna is playing CM? Since when?

- - - Updated - - -

No. 1) I don't think we'll sign James for the reasons you said. 2) if we buy James I do not think we use him as a CM.

IF WE WERE TO SIGN JAMES...I think we will sell Dybala and utilize James as an attacker, behind Ronaldo & Mandzukic where Dybala plays. I don't think we keep them both. And arguably James is better in that position. Dybala is a superior striker without a doubt, but James is better as a creator IMO and a more natural attacking midfielder. Unfortunately the signing of Ronaldo has put Dybala in a weird situation. He is playing further back from goal, and he is taking 1 shot less per game.

Would I sign James to sell Dybala? no. It's risky. And I'm convinced it will be an improvement since we will only have two players who can play forward positions naturally + Kean. But if a large sale of Dybala to Madrid where we were able to buy a couple of players were to happen, I'd be ok with it. Dybala can probably fetch EUR120M to EUR180M - if that allowed us to buy say Pogba & James, I wouldn't complain lol. That won't happen though.
Broseppi, it's a nothing rumor from famed Bild, who copied Rai (another "great" source), and their reasoning is Ronaldo is dictating our transfers now, and they think (or want you to think) we've mega funds to splash in January. Not much to analyze here.

Last edited:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We need that 6th CM and will get one in Jan, won't make sense otherwise, but it'll be someone on loan or a cheap purchase.
If we are serious about winning the Champions League this year then we should do everything to get Fornals or Barella in the winter.

If we aren't, then making signings like Rincon is fine.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
and btw, we cant get anyone before sales/removing another player from the CL list. if no one leaves, who do we remove in addition to Spinazzola

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
youre the one that thinks Pogba is possible in January, but dont see how we would deal Barella on delayed payment with Cagliari?
Loan with delayed payment for Barella? Lol, sure, if Barella the Interista throws a hissy fit and really pushes for a move between now and Jan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)