Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Why is everyone fapping over line-ups with Verratti in them again? The chance of getting him is infinitesimal.
Why you say that? He may want a new challenge eventually. We might just have to compete with Barca, or they might not even want him.

------Higua
Pjaca------Dybala

Pjanic------Marchi
------Veratti

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The physicality in Madrid and Barca's team is not all that needed since they adopt a completely different style of play. One that we're not capable of reproducing.
The other rather twisted comparison here is the one your making with our insufficient midfield. And Verratti barely has any caps for the senior Italian team, so also that is a huge exaggeration. Verratti simply does not have the infiltrations in him that Khedira, Pogba or Vidal have. He can play as a CM yes, but that would make Pjanic surplus to requirement and we're obviously betting on him... While of course we'll be keeping Marchisio, so yeah if we spend that kind of cash it better be a more apt piece of the jigsaw.

It was nice discussing, but we're running in circles now.
i think youre underrating Verrattis defensive capabilities, if you think replacing Khedira with him in our current setup wouldnt work or that we as Juve would never do it. Verratti had 1.7 tackles and 1.4 interceptions per game last season in Ligue 1, and 3.6 tackles, 2.2 interceptions in CL, while playing for the team that holds possession for majority of the time in most their games (Khedira whom he would replace in our starting trio had 0.8 tackles and 1 interception per game in Serie A, and 0.3 tackles, 1.8 interception per game in CL). also, the guy is always among the top runners in his team whenever i watch him play. sure hes no physical beast like Vidal but he more than makes up for it with his good positioning and ground covering. there would absolutely be no problems for us defensively with him and Marchisio next to Pjanic, we would dominate most/all games like we do now when we play our strongest lineup. besides, physicality is the most overrated thing in football ever. id take a Pjanic-Fabregas-Verratti midfield over a Nainggolan-Matic-Kante one every time.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Incoherence is all on the speaker, being misunderstood is at the very least a shared responsibility between speaker and audience. I think you just need to try harder with me :D
i'm sure if you ask Trump he will say he makes perfect sense :D it's not his opinion that matters :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)