Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah we did play that midfield and that's one of the reasons we're discussing new midfield additions in september...

I don't see major issues myself but I especially see better options with the kind of money we would need to lure Verratti away.
The Pjanic Hernanes Lemina midfield had a great game together, by that game you couldn't have concluded that we need a new midfield. The other one, Asa Pjanic Sami, was bad, but mostly due to Asa being finishes on top level and Sami having a bad game for his standards. With Verratti and Marchisio however, its a completely different story, that midfield together is just so much better. It was also vs inter away, the toughest game we had so far definitely and these 3 played for the 1st time together

If Verratti was for sale, there is no player out there you could get for the same price that would improve us more. Maybe Pogba if he flopped at United for 2 seasons and his price would go down because of that

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Yeah you are right.

But still we are long way from that. Italian coaches prefers safety.

And i think someone like Kostanos could step in to play a gew games/minutes for us.
I dont think he is ready to play as a regular member but he can play games such as Crotone

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
The Pjanic Hernanes Lemina midfield had a great game together, by that game you couldn't have concluded that we need a new midfield. The other one, Asa Pjanic Sami, was bad, but mostly due to Asa being finishes on top level and Sami having a bad game for his standards. With Verratti and Marchisio however, its a completely different story, that midfield together is just so much better. It was also vs inter away, the toughest game we had so far definitely and these 3 played for the 1st time together

If Verratti was for sale, there is no player out there you could get for the same price that would improve us more. Maybe Pogba if he flopped at United for 2 seasons and his price would go down because of that
Yes there are and that is exactly the point. James for instance would be a much better fit than Verratti and probably even cheaper.

And seriously? Let's not use the Cagliari game as leverage. Their strongest players were unwanted at Juve. Besides ANY midfield with Hernanes needs improvements.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes there are and that is exactly the point. James for instance would be a much better fit than Verratti and probably even cheaper.

And seriously? Let's not use the Cagliari game as leverage. Their strongest players were unwanted at Juve. Besides ANY midfield with Hernanes needs improvements.
lol there is no way id take James over Verratti, not even if he was 30M cheaper

Hernanes is a backup for us. our starting midfield of Pjanic Marchisio Khedira is more than good enough, i only used that one as an example when you said we wont see such midfield at Juve. Pjanic Marchisio Verratti would be the best midfield in the world and absolutely amazing for us. if there is ANY chance at all to get Verratti (which sadly there isnt), we would have to be all over him

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Marchisio khedira pjanic doesn't look like a CL winning midfield, if we need to build the mid around pjanic for next year then it needs start this winter
Sadly agree. And to improve the mid to next level, assuming Marchisio reaches previous level, only one that can be sacrificed there is Khedira.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No I don't at all. Questionable motivation maybe but still think he is top fantastic quality.

Our midfield needs more skill, but I'm not sure Cesc fits the type (quite slow and little work rate), need a little more dynamic player who is more physically imposing or is a fighter (for example Verratti is small, but still a total pitbull attitude) to make up for the rest of our midfield being soft.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
No I don't at all. Questionable motivation maybe but still think he is top fantastic quality.

Our midfield needs more skill, but I'm not sure Cesc fits the type (quite slow and little work rate), need a little more dynamic player who is more physically imposing or is a fighter (for example Verratti is small, but still a total pitbull attitude) to make up for the rest of our midfield being soft.

Madrid doesn't have a pitbull, i think of you get a team set right tactically and with enough quality in both defense and mid you can get away with it.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Madrid doesn't have a pitbull, i think of you get a team set right tactically and with enough quality in both defense and mid you can get away with it.
That's true, but we lack their Arsenal to make up for that midfield too. Plus Casemiro makes up alot for their balance.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
lol there is no way id take James over Verratti, not even if he was 30M cheaper

Hernanes is a backup for us. our starting midfield of Pjanic Marchisio Khedira is more than good enough, i only used that one as an example when you said we wont see such midfield at Juve. Pjanic Marchisio Verratti would be the best midfield in the world and absolutely amazing for us. if there is ANY chance at all to get Verratti (which sadly there isnt), we would have to be all over him
With All three of them not being very physique we'd still be far from the best midfield. I'd say ideally a Pogba fits the bill perfectly, but hey let's not go there. If we buy Verratti, he must become our regista, not anything else. We'd lose our infiltrations otherwise.

Pointless anyway, the guy is out of our range.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
next summer sell 4-5 players (non top player)

and buy only one player Verratti for 90M
This is the problem every summer - We get a great player everyone is happy and then comes the boom.. Vidal out Pirlo out Tevez out Pogba out... I wont be surprised if we get Sanchez next season and then see us selling Dybala...
This is the thing that annoys me every summer - Instead of getting another superstar and make our team stronger to end that Barca and Real reign we keep the level the same (plus or minus) and remain just another contender...
This is what annoys me! Why not just get yourself to a favorite position instead of just a contender?!
Pogba is out?! You said you didnt want to sell him?! ok it means you can sell the players you wanted to sell at first place and get a replacement with a 100M budget... James Sanchez and even Verratti all should be available for 100M... Its really a pick your player situation...

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Veratti is only available if he asks to leave, he is PSGs most important player and it doesn't look like sheikhs are running out of money.

On the other hand I do believe Juve or Barca/Real to be his next destination.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
With All three of them not being very physique we'd still be far from the best midfield. I'd say ideally a Pogba fits the bill perfectly, but hey let's not go there. If we buy Verratti, he must become our regista, not anything else. We'd lose our infiltrations otherwise.

Pointless anyway, the guy is out of our range.
where is the physique in Madrids midfield? or Barcas? where would you put those 2 when ranking best midfields in the world? Verratti has played as a CM for PSG and Italy for years, he has become a brilliant player in that role and it would be pointless to revert him back to regista, just to put some more physical player there. our midfield yesterday wasnt very physical either btw

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
where is the physique in Madrids midfield? or Barcas? where would you put those 2 when ranking best midfields in the world? Verratti has played as a CM for PSG and Italy for years, he has become a brilliant player in that role and it would be pointless to revert him back to regista, just to put some more physical player there. our midfield yesterday wasnt very physical either btw
The physicality in Madrid and Barca's team is not all that needed since they adopt a completely different style of play. One that we're not capable of reproducing.
The other rather twisted comparison here is the one your making with our insufficient midfield. And Verratti barely has any caps for the senior Italian team, so also that is a huge exaggeration. Verratti simply does not have the infiltrations in him that Khedira, Pogba or Vidal have. He can play as a CM yes, but that would make Pjanic surplus to requirement and we're obviously betting on him... While of course we'll be keeping Marchisio, so yeah if we spend that kind of cash it better be a more apt piece of the jigsaw.

It was nice discussing, but we're running in circles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)