Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Hmmm, what about a sneaky low bid for Kondogbia in Christmas? He was really great before Inter. Still very young. Maybe we can help him rediscover his talent? Another Canna/Pirlo story maybe?

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Giuseppe Rossi’s agent says his client may return to play in Serie A, but doubts it will be for Fiorentina.

Vice Dybala anyone?

Obviously his injury record is a concern but he could fill in for Paulo when he needs a rest and it will mean never having to see the awful Higuain/Mandzukic combo again.

Would come cheap too and accept a bench role.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Giuseppe Rossi’s agent says his client may return to play in Serie A, but doubts it will be for Fiorentina.

Vice Dybala anyone?

Obviously his injury record is a concern but he could fill in for Paulo when he needs a rest and it will mean never having to see the awful Higuain/Mandzukic combo again.

We are really trying to keep our medical team busy eh? Or we need some company for Marchisio and Asa, cause they feel left out?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
we can only hope that emery will continue to misuse verratti so that we have a shot at getting him next summer. this winter would be fiction (if psg was to be still in CL by winter).
i understand people writing that they prefered pogba to stay, but if you just put it into pure effect, we basically swapped a midfielder who would (in his best season yet) score now and then against somebody who is basically a goal guarantee as striker. would you rather still have pogba and need to rely on frigging mandzukic to score the chances ? as many already wrote, we went from a world class midfield and mediocre strikers to world class strikers and mediocre midfield. of course i am exaggerating the "mediocre" part.

in theory having world class strikers should be more effective, since there are tactics to bridge or even skip playing through the midfield alltogether. you could basically play long balls and let the midfield cope with defensive duties mainly. you would probably score more than having a great midfield that in the end needs to pass to some scrubby forward that will sky the ball most of the times.

the world class midfield allows you to have more possession but it will be useless possession (apart from that being in possession means the other side can't score) since you do not make the most of it which we saw when we still had pogba, vidal, pirlo and marchisio.

we basically switched from one unbalanced system to another. the occasional good pass our midfield produce will result in a higher scoring chance since we got higuain while before we needed to hold our breath that mandzukic had his occasional good performance and score one of the many chances. if you look back, even with that world class midfield we often struggled and complained about not having good enough wing backs and lichtsteiner not properly feeding mario mandzukic.

i think we can cope with thise unbalanced system and a mediocre midfield better than others, since we have a luxury basically very few other teams have and that is a defensive player in bonucci that can play the long balls that will lead to scoring chances.

lets hope sturaro finds his form fast and can be the working horse we need to make up the numbers and free our other creative midfielders of their defensive duties.

our squad right now reads like a blueprint with a whole in the middle. getting back marchisio would makes as a very good team, filling that void with verratti would make us a force to be feared even by bayern or barca.
just imagine having three players that can open up play and give the deadly pass in pjanic, bonucci and verratti and dybala would not need to fall back that often so he would be a bigger danger as well.
Who said I wanted Pogba to stay and not getting Higuain.. I wanted both...
It should have been possible according to reports...
Anyway it doesnt matter as he wanted out and now he is gone

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Modric-Casemiro-Kroos
James-Kovacic-Isco

they are transfer banned for 2 years so anyone from Reals midfield isnt attainable i think since they cant get replacements. too bad they didnt sign anyone this summer then we would have a realistic shot at maybe even James

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015

Vice Dybala anyone?

I remember when he single handedly defeated us and made Conte cry. I've always had a soft spot for him tho.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Buffon
Dani Alves-Bonucci-Chiellini-Alex Sandro
Khedira-Verratti-Marchisio
Pjanic
Dybala-Higuain​

:tuttosport::tuttosport::tuttosport:
To be honest I think Marchisio best role is the Verratti/Pirlo role
I`m not that enthusiastic about Marchisio as B2B as I dont think he could play AM (not as a great one anyway)
If only we could have got a midfield like this Nainggolan-Verrati-Hamsik this trio would have been fantastic
Nainggolan will never come but I do have some hope (although a slight hope for Hamsik)

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
To be honest I think Marchisio best role is the Verratti/Pirlo role
I`m not that enthusiastic about Marchisio as B2B as I dont think he could play AM (not as a great one anyway)
If only we could have got a midfield like this Nainggolan-Verrati-Hamsik this trio would have been fantastic
Nainggolan will never come but I do have some hope (although a slight hope for Hamsik)
This trio? None of them are ours and Nainggolan is overrated by many.

As much as I like Verratti, I don't think we should be investing in him any time soon. Marchisio is perfect as a regista for us, while Pjanic and Khedira can flank him smoothly. If there's anything we need in our starting line-up I'd say more of a James type. That and evaluating our backup options; Sturaro, Mandragora, Lemina, Asamoah, Hernanes. Those 5 also need an upgrade here and there.

PS: The Higuain deal made the Hamsik ship sail away, far far away.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Vice Dybala anyone?

We already have Pjaca not playing much.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This trio? None of them are ours and Nainggolan is overrated by many.

As much as I like Verratti, I don't think we should be investing in him any time soon. Marchisio is perfect as a regista for us, while Pjanic and Khedira can flank him smoothly. If there's anything we need in our starting line-up I'd say more of a James type. That and evaluating our backup options; Sturaro, Mandragora, Lemina, Asamoah, Hernanes. Those 5 also need an upgrade here and there.

PS: The Higuain deal made the Hamsik ship sail away, far far away.
It doesnt matter as its not going to happen anyway
As for James - He is my favorite AM but unfortunately its not going to happen too bad as we would have a very explosive attacking line

- - - Updated - - -

We already have Pjaca not playing much.
:agree:

Rossi when healthy is great but that ship has sailed...
He is proved to be a player that the medical stuff see more than their wives...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
It doesnt matter as its not going to happen anyway
As for James - He is my favorite AM but unfortunately its not going to happen too bad as we would have a very explosive attacking line
I don't know about that. We're clearly looking for a trequartista. Probably not James, but I can see us landing a wanted player since it'll probably be our #1 priority next summer and our management barely misses those. Last 2 summers we took Dybala and Pjanic very early on.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don't know about that. We're clearly looking for a trequartista. Probably not James, but I can see us landing a wanted player since it'll probably be our #1 priority next summer and our management barely misses those. Last 2 summers we took Dybala and Pjanic very early on.
Maybe Isco and maybe even Pjaca although a support striker to play with Dybala and Higuain could work as well as Dybala drops back quite a lot

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Maybe Isco and maybe even Pjaca although a support striker to play with Dybala and Higuain could work as well as Dybala drops back quite a lot
That's also a possibility indeed. With Cuadrado, Dybala and Pjaca we have 3 players already who can fill in a pairing behind Higuain/Mandzukic in a 4-3-2-1 and if that's the way we choose we better add Berardi to the mix next season or I'm going chatshitbang insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)