Winter mercato thread 2016-17 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
That's also a possibility indeed. With Cuadrado, Dybala and Pjaca we have 3 players already who can fill in a pairing behind Higuain/Mandzukic in a 4-3-2-1 and if that's the way we choose we better add Berardi to the mix next season or I'm going chatshitbang insane...
Dont really understand the whole Berardi thing - He is obviously talented but its not as he takes Sassuolo to another place... They seem to be doing the same with or without him..

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This trio? None of them are ours and Nainggolan is overrated by many.

As much as I like Verratti, I don't think we should be investing in him any time soon. Marchisio is perfect as a regista for us, while Pjanic and Khedira can flank him smoothly. If there's anything we need in our starting line-up I'd say more of a James type. That and evaluating our backup options; Sturaro, Mandragora, Lemina, Asamoah, Hernanes. Those 5 also need an upgrade here and there.

PS: The Higuain deal made the Hamsik ship sail away, far far away.
if there is any chance of signing Verratti (there is none, just to be clear) we should be all over him. hes not a regista, if we got him we would play somethig like this

----Marchisio
Verratti - Khedira/Pjanic

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
All I know is we need a CM who will give some identity to this midfield.

I don't think Witsel is the answer, or Matuidi. Gotta be much better than that.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
All I know is we need a CM who will give some identity to this midfield.

I don't think Witsel is the answer, or Matuidi. Gotta be much better than that.
In January it's impossible to get anyone better than Witsel (strong urge to join, Zenit's last chance for cash). I'd take him as a stopgap solution, we def need an upgrade over Asa, Hernanes and Sturaro since one of out starting trio is always gonna be injured or in need of rotation. Wait til next summer to sign a big fish and demote Witsel to 5th choice; he'll still get plenty of game time.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont really understand the whole Berardi thing - He is obviously talented but its not as he takes Sassuolo to another place... They seem to be doing the same with or without him..
He scored most goals while assisting the most for each of last 3 seasons. Despite his young age, that's clearly impressive and he lifts most of the load offensively.

Because they can continue winning for few games doesn't mean he isn't key for them.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
In January it's impossible to get anyone better than Witsel (strong urge to join, Zenit's last chance for cash). I'd take him as a stopgap solution, we def need an upgrade over Asa, Hernanes and Sturaro since one of out starting trio is always gonna be injured or in need of rotation. Wait til next summer to sign a big fish and demote Witsel to 5th choice; he'll still get plenty of game time.
I think they will go this route.

Problem is Witsel will earn high salaries. I bet something around 4M. It's too much for a 5th option.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
I think they will go this route.

Problem is Witsel will earn high salaries. I bet something around 4M. It's too much for a 5th option.
You're bound to overpay one way or another if you're forced to act in January. The big plus is that Witsel would be available for a fairly low signing fee, which would make his higher wages slightly more tolerable.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
With the way the things are going I guess we will be going for a midfielder in January - Witsel isnt cup tied so he will probably be the one we will be after
Matuidi will be cup tied since he played for PSG or have they changed the rules?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
if we get Witsel for 4M a year (Pjanic has 4.5, Sami 4, Marchisio 3.5), it might mean Sami is on his way out in the summer :sad:

and i dont think we are getting him in January, at most agree a free transfer and sign him in the summer

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
if there is any chance of signing Verratti (there is none, just to be clear) we should be all over him. hes not a regista, if we got him we would play somethig like this

----Marchisio
Verratti - Khedira/Pjanic
That is way too light to be a Juventus midfield and everyone knows it. Might work at Barcelona, not anywhere else 'though.

Verratti would cost an unusual high fee and for that amount we really need a better match to our squad.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That is way too light to be a Juventus midfield and everyone knows it. Might work at Barcelona, not anywhere else 'though.

Verratti would cost an unusual high fee and for that amount we really need a better match to our squad.
we played Hernanes Lemina Pjanic also Asamoah Pjanic Khedira both this season. also, dont see a problem with that midfield defensively

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
we played Hernanes Lemina Pjanic also Asamoah Pjanic Khedira both this season. also, dont see a problem with that midfield defensively
Yeah we did play that midfield and that's one of the reasons we're discussing new midfield additions in september...

I don't see major issues myself but I especially see better options with the kind of money we would need to lure Verratti away.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Would love to see us give more opportunities to our youngsters. Yeah i know that will never happen but its just baffling with Italian coaches.

Something Barca, Madrid, Bayern are ready to do.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well we had a very talented young CM who could have filled in for this kind of situation. Got a serious injury...I wouldn't trust any of our Primavera kids at this moment.

What's the difference here? Oh yeah, B teams...

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Well we had a very talented young CM who could have filled in for this kind of situation. Got a serious injury...I wouldn't trust any of our Primavera kids at this moment.

What's the difference here? Oh yeah, B teams...
Yeah you are right.

But still we are long way from that. Italian coaches prefers safety.

And i think someone like Kostanos could step in to play a gew games/minutes for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)