When it comes down to two (1 Viewer)

What?

• Sell Buffon, buy Ribery and more

• Keep Buffon, buy Diego and a few

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Option number one is so outlandish. It's trading strength in one department for strength in a different department. We should only sell a valuable player if we can assure a suitable replacement. Manninger is just not that person, as good as he may be.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
we need two proper defenders and a right back before we go and buy an attacking option which we need the least.
we need two proper defenders (gallas, mexes ?) and a right back. this will cost us in the range of 50 mill which is all our budget.
if we want to further enhance the squad we need to sell gigi with not less than 40 mill. if so we can get amilia for 15 mill and splash 25-30 mill on a "creative" player, which at this point should be our last purchase not the main target.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Option number one is so outlandish. It's trading strength in one department for strength in a different department. We should only sell a valuable player if we can assure a suitable replacement. Manninger is just not that person, as good as he may be.
and there i was thinking you were responding to Andy about Al Qaeda and the trading center. :lol:

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
It's a hard choice but i say keep buffon. we dont have many experienced players left in the team to lead it for many years to come.

what would buffon fetch? i dont believe ribery will want juve or serie A anyway.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
And then Ranieri will come out and say we dont want Diego nor Ribery and we will end up signing someone like Nuno Valente and i will be reading from juventus.com:

Ranieri: Heres another good addition to the squad. Juventus are proud to announce the transfer of another portuguese international Nuno Valente. The soon to be 35 year old has had a significant career, winning the CL with Porto in 2004. Ranieri is a key admirer of his talent, ever since seeing him in 2004 CL final. "I would have like to meet him in the CL final in 2004, unfortunately Deschamps (Monaco) knocked me out back then. But the fairytail has continued. And now i have knocked out Deschamps from Juve. As they saying says, he who laughs last.... anyway, now i believe the time in my life is perfect to unite with Valente.
sounds more like a milan transfer if you ask me

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
anyway back to the real topic-
for me Buffon is the best keeper in the world,he could easily do a Dino Zoff and play till he is 40 so if we were to sell him we better be buying a quality YOUNG replacement. the trouble with us right now is that we have 1 tremendous world class keeper,4 top quality forwards,2 very good DM,but only 1 great wide man and only 1 quality CB...now there is no point having the worlds best keeper with an average defense, we are the epitome of "all fur coat and no knickers!"

with the money we would get for buffon, yes we could buy ribery,but it would be pointless unless we used the money we have and the transfer to regenerate our side. selling buffon should only be an option if we are doing as we did when we sold zidane. we have a history of selling players we have nurtured into world class stars for huge profits and using it to unearth even bigger gems,but selling buffon would be suicidal if the money is not used wisely.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
anyway back to the real topic-
for me Buffon is the best keeper in the world,he could easily do a Dino Zoff and play till he is 40 so if we were to sell him we better be buying a quality YOUNG replacement. the trouble with us right now is that we have 1 tremendous world class keeper,4 top quality forwards,2 very good DM,but only 1 great wide man and only 1 quality CB...now there is no point having the worlds best keeper with an average defense, we are the epitome of "all fur coat and no knickers!"

with the money we would get for buffon, yes we could buy ribery,but it would be pointless unless we used the money we have and the transfer to regenerate our side. selling buffon should only be an option if we are doing as we did when we sold zidane. we have a history of selling players we have nurtured into world class stars for huge profits and using it to unearth even bigger gems,but selling buffon would be suicidal if the money is not used wisely.
maybe we could use the money for a rope?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)