What?

• Sell Buffon, buy Ribery and more

• Keep Buffon, buy Diego and a few

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What would you do if our transfer policy is standing on two options?

Sell Buffon and buy Ribery with a bunch of other needed and at the same time proven players

OR

Keep Buffon and buy Diego with one other average players

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Why sell Buffon? Who would we have to replace him?

If Buffon is sold, who is to guarantee proven players? Who is to say we won't find someone quality after Diego?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
thats a hard one but no one is going to offer 100 mil for buffon i dont think.

most we will get would be like 40-50 IMO

so we would buy ribery for like 30
and have 20 mil

when we could buy diego sell some and still get some one else

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Although I would hate to see Gigi go, that would be the best option of the two for me, Diego and a bunch of average payers isn't enough to challenge with Inter.
Ribery and some other proven players might be enough to challenge them.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    depends on how much we would get for buffon though
    I think Buffon is aware of the financial help that he can provide for the club and he would do it only because he loves the club, provided that it's a club outside Italy. I also think that we can get a lot by selling him. Don't forget also that our transfer budget is not only Buffon's sale but his sale is pumping it up by a large amount.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    I dont trust Secco of making a solid profit after selling one of our players, he never did.
    And i dont trust him either of using that certain profit efficiently.

Therefore is see this as potentially disastrous, otherwise, i would agree with that preposition...

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    I dont trust Secco of making a solid profit after selling one of our players, he never did.

Therefore is see this as potentially disastrous, otherwise, i would agree with that preposition...
    ye thats definetly my worry also.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005

Here is my worry: Secco would inflate his bid for Ribery higher than it needs to be perhaps because he would fear another club stepping up into a bidding war and losing more money on Ribery than is actually necessary to get him. Though I know he has players in mind that would help the club dramatically, its how he plans on getting them that worries me. Take Diego and how long it has taken to seal a deal, by now one of the big players could have stepped in and hijacked the deal.

If someone offered 70+ for Buffon then maybe I would consider, I still don't see weakening our defense further in what used to be our strongest spot (goalie) only to strengthen an already strong attack. We are already vulnerable at the back as it is, getting rid of our strongest area at the back is not smart IMO. If we got a a younger hot prospect as a replacement then maybe, but not Manniger.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Have you watched Juve's matches where Manninger was guarding our goal this season?
    Yes, but I have seen Buffon for years and know what he is capable of. Can you honestly predict that Manniger would be that consistent? That rock we can depend on for each season?

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    Yes, but I have seen Buffon for years and know what he is capable of. Can you honestly predict that Manniger would be that consistent? That rock we can depend on for each season?
    Ah, I like it that you brought up the consistency factor. I am also aware of Buffon's capabilities but he has been far from consistent this season, in fact Manninger has been more consistent than Gigi.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Ah, I like it that you brought up the consistency factor. I am also aware of Buffon's capabilities but he has been far from consistent this season, in fact Manninger has been more consistent than Gigi.
    BUT, Manniger hasn't suffered a lengthy injury layoff. How old is Manniger? I do like how Manniger handled the pressure who stepping up in Buffon's shoes....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)