When it comes down to two (2 Viewers)

What?

• Sell Buffon, buy Ribery and more

• Keep Buffon, buy Diego and a few

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Sorry to break it, but i dont think it will come down to those two. We will just end up with no Gigi. Ribery will cost too much, i question his desire to leave Bayern just yet, with Gigli and Secco we will end up loosing him to Barca or someone else.

And Diego we will loose to madrid as Kaka wont leave milan and real want to bring in someone as good.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We will lose Diego because Secco can't seal the deal quick enough and another team will step in with the money Bremen wants and be in and out before Secco has a chance to ask his mom about what move he should make next.

If we sold Gigi hoping to land Ribery, that is very risky...someone else could step in with more money right as we get an agreement. Then we are out a hell of a lot more than a goalie. Lets say we sell him and Ribery doesn't even want to leave, then what? Back to Plan B Diego?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We will lose Diego because Secco can't seal the deal quick enough and another team will step in with the money Bremen wants and be in and out before Secco has a chance to ask his mom about what move he should make next.

If we sold Gigi hoping to land Ribery, that is very risky...someone else could step in with more money right as we get an agreement. Then we are out a hell of a lot more than a goalie. Lets say we sell him and Ribery doesn't even want to leave, then what? Back to Plan B Diego?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It all depends on how much we could get for Buffon.

If Manshitty offer 60 million Euros, we would be hard pressed to reject that deal. And frankly it would be stupid to do so, as much as Buffon is a Juventus champion.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

If Manshitty offer 60 million Euros, we would be hard pressed to reject that deal. And frankly it would be stupid to do so, as much as Buffon is a Juventus champion.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

What would you do with 60m? Plus the 35 (or so million) we already have to spend? Again, I will raise the question a few pages back. Who would be our goalie for the future?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

But money is money. Even if we do lose out on Ribery, which is the most probable event scenario, we'd still have the cash to bring in other quality players.

It's all about the bottom line.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What would you do with 60m? Plus the 35 (or so million) we already have to spend? Again, I will raise the question a few pages back. Who would be our goalie for the future?
There are a number of solid candidates, obviously not as good as Buffon, but there are 10 other positions on the pitch to worry about. The keeper is indeed important but I'd rather have a top notch defense instead of the world's best keeper and a mediocre defense, to be precise about this. This shouldn't be surprising or outlandish to football fans.

As for somebody to come in and do the keeper job, hell, I'd even take Tim Howard. If you know my opinions about American soccer you'd know that I don't overrate our players, and I'm probably harsh on many, but Howard is a great shot stopper and commanding presence back there. If Blanc would come to me and say hey Andy, we have an offer for Buffon that totals 60 million Euros and we can get Howard for 5, I'd have to take the deal without a doubt.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But money is money. Even if we do lose out on Ribery, which is the most probable event scenario, we'd still have the cash to bring in other quality players.

It's all about the bottom line.
I like that, it really is all about the bottom line. Lets hope those at the club find it and know what to do about it. We could have close to 100m to spend if we sold Gigi, Tiago, Poulsen, Grygera, and not to mention the money we planned on spending...what sucks is that is apparently what Moratti plans on spending this summer too, we will be stepping on each others toes on the mercato.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There are a number of solid candidates, obviously not as good as Buffon, but there are 10 other positions on the pitch to worry about. The keeper is indeed important but I'd rather have a top notch defense instead of the world's best keeper and a mediocre defense, to be precise about this. This shouldn't be surprising or outlandish to football fans.

As for somebody to come in and do the keeper job, hell, I'd even take Tim Howard. If you know my opinions about American soccer you'd know that I don't overrate our players, and I'm probably harsh on many, but Howard is a great shot stopper and commanding presence back there. If Blanc would come to me and say hey Andy, we have an offer for Buffon that totals 60 million Euros and we can get Howard for 5, I'd have to take the deal without a doubt.
LOL doesn't Howard have Turrets Syndrome? I heard a rumor that he had a mild case of it.

Well with that money we could definitely bring in players, but whom would be willing to sell their world class defenders as lately they seem to be few and far between.

Dec 31, 2008
if we get one mammoth amount like 75m or above frm City, then w shud sell Buffon an get Ribery, Diego an 3 gud defenders(RB, CB, LB)

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
And then Ranieri will come out and say we dont want Diego nor Ribery and we will end up signing someone like Nuno Valente and i will be reading from juventus.com:

Ranieri: Heres another good addition to the squad. Juventus are proud to announce the transfer of another portuguese international Nuno Valente. The soon to be 35 year old has had a significant career, winning the CL with Porto in 2004. Ranieri is a key admirer of his talent, ever since seeing him in 2004 CL final. "I would have like to meet him in the CL final in 2004, unfortunately Deschamps (Monaco) knocked me out back then. But the fairytail has continued. And now i have knocked out Deschamps from Juve. As they saying says, he who laughs last.... anyway, now i believe the time in my life is perfect to unite with Valente.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
LOL doesn't Howard have Turrets Syndrome? I heard a rumor that he had a mild case of it.

Well with that money we could definitely bring in players, but whom would be willing to sell their world class defenders as lately they seem to be few and far between.
He does have Tourette syndrome but it doesn't have any bearing on how he plays. Great keeper.

And then Ranieri will come out and say we dont want Diego nor Ribery and we will end up signing someone like Nuno Valente and i will be reading from juventus.com:

Ranieri: Heres another good addition to the squad. Juventus are proud to announce the transfer of another portuguese international Nuno Valente. The soon to be 35 year old has had a significant career, winning the CL with Porto in 2004. Ranieri is a key admirer of his talent, ever since seeing him in 2004 CL final. "I would have like to meet him in the CL final in 2004, unfortunately Deschamps (Monaco) knocked me out back then. But the fairytail has continued. And now i have knocked out Deschamps from Juve. As they saying says, he who laughs last.... anyway, now i believe the time in my life is perfect to unite with Valente.
:lol2:

Exactly how it would play out.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Brilliant :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)