What's wrong with us?! (3 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I look at the capitano and see that he lacks motivation too. A shade of his past for obvious reasons. Its the individuals the standout ones that need to instil motivation and try their hardest on the pitch, lead by example but I didnt see anyone that could lead. Melo would be a prime example who can lift the players around him but he loses the plot all too often, the others proberly see him as a looney rather than a leader. When Chiellini is pumped up and on form we can see some differences around the defence, but we are too reliant on one CB in the whole of defence nevermind pitch.

Jun 13, 2007
Alright, stop the drama already. We're in bad form, simple as that, and the problems that we used to be able to cover with great performances from players like Melo, Aquilani, and Krasic are finally coming back to bite us in the ass. That's all it is. Our fullbacks are garbage, our attack is incompetent. The only saving grace we had a few weeks ago was that our midfielders carried the weight of the team on their shoulders.

Now, reality is just kicking in and it is doing so rather emphatically. Every team goes through such phases where players under perform, but when we do it, we get trampled that's the only difference. We just need Krasic and Aquilani to get back on form, and we need our fucking fullbacks to pull their weight already,

To be honest, if we don't reinforce the team in that respect by the end of this transfer market, I seriously have my doubts on whether we'll be able to compete for top spot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
you're talking about Allahsandro Del Piero, he wasn't very effective recently but has plenty in him like we saw against Citeh. His set pieces have been an absolute wank though
I know he has gas in his tank still. I'm not saying sell him. But he needs replaced quickly. Compare him to to 6-7 years ago.

Aguero could take over for him, and you really can't compare them now together.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The two players at their prime aren't comparable at all.

Edit: And Roma had Cafu if I'm not wrong. Yet, Capello wanted Brazzo in the team.
Yep. They did have Cafu. The nice thing about Brazzo was that he could take any position on the flank. The 3-4-3 is basically built for him, and that's partly why Bayern were successful using it in 2001... they had the proper wingers in him and Lizarazu.

Del Neri just has to tackle one basic flaw with this team. It has no idea what to do when it is being agressively pressed on every ball. That is the reason for yesterday's humiliation. The team cannot stand its ground when it is being pressed. It starts sending the ball back and resorts to long balls, with the inevitable giving away of possession.
I believe that is a major problem. But part of it can be tied down to the fact we had two targetmen on the pitch yesterday. They offered no movement, our wingers were left stranded on the flanks with no help, and that's when we resorted to long balls. It's very predictable. At least with Quag or DP, they make proper East/West runs to support the attack, something very much needed in a straight 4-4-2.

Everyone should know our weakness by now, it's the worst kept secret in football, every crap goal we concede comes from crosses to the back posts.
True. I don't understand why our fullbacks were never taught to remain goalside.

I think I found the key problem, confidence.

Krasic is off form because he is not confident enough.
Aquilani is lazy because he lacks confidence.
Marchisio disappears because he lacks confidence.
Melo becomes a mental patient because he is not confident enough.

Our full backs lack everything though.
I don't know if Marchisio or Aquilani lack confidence. They never really impose themselves on the game; it's their nature. Someone like Aqui should be showing for the ball and wanting it all game, but he doesn't do that. Perhaps it's related to stamina as well.

Sep 1, 2002
Don't shoot me, but the coach is to blame, as well as the poor activity in bringing players through the ranks, as well as, generally, average activity in player acquisition, as well as poor descisions on which players to keep and which to let go, as well as lack of direction at a board level.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't shoot me, but the coach is to blame, as well as the poor activity in bringing players through the ranks, as well as, generally, average activity in player acquisition, as well as poor descisions on which players to keep and which to let go, as well as lack of direction at a board level.
:tup:

I've got a weapon but I ain't pulling no trigger on this one...

Sep 1, 2002
no, as one who cares about you, i'm trying to make you stop a nasty habit.
If it were to be a habit of mine, it would happen regularly, which it doesn't.

I do sometimes intentionally -not on this occasion- wind people up to get a rise.

If you read my posts you can see I don't really care- within reason- about spelling or punctuation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)