What's wrong with us?! (21 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's not about personal feelings. Hasan was an absolute bulldog with more heart and determination than 99% of the players I've seen, plus he was very good defensively. Pepe is like the Tin Woodman at the beginning of the novel.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Maybe we should play Brazzo as a fullback, he can't be any worse than Grygera, Motta or Grosso can he? Not to forget that he played there before..

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
What annoys me is that at several moments during the season we actually played like a team, we moved the ball well, created chances and actually took them. We were able to control the tempo and irritate our opponents. We went into moments of sleep that cost us a lot but still we saw some good aspects of the game. Lately it has been nothing.

May 22, 2009
What annoys me is that at several moments during the season we actually played like a team, we moved the ball well, created chances and actually took them. We were able to control the tempo and irritate our opponents. We went into moments of sleep that cost us a lot but still we saw some good aspects of the game. Lately it has been nothing.
True..:agree: which gives us hopes that we are still capable of performing well.. I still feel a win in the coppa would gives us some confidence.. it would be crucial..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's not about personal feelings. Hasan was an absolute bulldog with more heart and determination than 99% of the players I've seen, plus he was very good defensively. Pepe is like the Tin Woodman at the beginning of the novel.
In 2000 or 2001 Capello was trying to bring Brazzo in Roma. The Italian usually isn't too generous with words but for Brazzo he said that he's the best RB in the world and a fortune to have in the team. Back in those days when attacking fullbacks weren't to be found too often, Salihamidzic was really impressing with his stamina and ability to defend well and attack all the time.
In short, I don't think any coach, even less Capello, will ever say that Pepe is the best in anything.

The two players at their prime aren't comparable at all.

Edit: And Roma had Cafu if I'm not wrong. Yet, Capello wanted Brazzo in the team.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I wasn't comparing players like for like anyway, I was talking about the team role, my mistake to name names I guess...

As for Brazzo, for someone so good he doesn't have the reputation to go with it, which is why snippets from Capello like you posted are required to remind us that yeah, he was an excellent player. That's because of his role.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
Del Neri just has to tackle one basic flaw with this team. It has no idea what to do when it is being agressively pressed on every ball. That is the reason for yesterday's humiliation. The team cannot stand its ground when it is being pressed. It starts sending the ball back and resorts to long balls, with the inevitable giving away of possession.

Mazzari emerged as the better tactician yesterday. He knew our weaknesses and exploited them like hell.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Everyone should know our weakness by now, it's the worst kept secret in football, every crap goal we concede comes from crosses to the back posts.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
the very type of crosses we are not able to create.

Maybe that's the secret to our woes. Our own wingers, fullbacks are incapable or putting in decent crosses. Hence the defence always does well...in training.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think I found the key problem, confidence.

Krasic is off form because he is not confident enough.
Aquilani is lazy because he lacks confidence.
Marchisio disappears because he lacks confidence.
Melo becomes a mental patient because he is not confident enough.

Our full backs lack everything though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
With Pepe and Krasic we really shouldn't have that problem ideally, should we? But then they are either isolated with the zero movement of our CM and strikers or helping the laughable fullbacks. So many problems.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001

It's the fullbacks Jack, think about it. The match starts, everyone is motivated, one cross comes and it's in, we are 1-0 down, few minutes later another stupid cross comes, 2-0. watching these clowns doing nothing, can you be motivated when you have these team mates? Storari made excellent saves, the only motivated player seems to be him. He is fighting hard to compete for Buffon's place, but with this defense he will give up too..

Not to forget we have Amauri up front, who ruins almost every chance we create, I wouldn't be motivated neither..

delrey

Jan 5, 2009

This may be the true. Look at Napoli, they have 2, 3 qualiti players. Others mediocre and they beat us. And they in general play good. No way they have more quliti than we

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This may be the true. Look at Napoli, they have 2, 3 qualiti players. Others mediocre and they beat us. And they in general play good. Now way they have more quliti than we
I said it a while ago that Napoli's strongest factor is their mental strength. They are confident of what they can achieve and it is taking them far.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

John Jacob Philip Elkann (born April 1, 1976), often known as “Jaki”, is an Italian industrialist, grandson of the late Gianni Agnelli, heir to the automaker Fiat, which also owns the Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ferrari, and Lancia marques. Currently he is chairman of Fiat and Exor, the Agnelli Group investment company. Exor is one of Italy's largest companies and controls, among other businesses, the Turin-based Serie A football team Juventus F.C..

Lapo Elkann (born October 7, 1977) is a New York-born Italian industrialist, former marketing manager. He is currently the manager of brand promotion at Fiat Automobiles. He is a "global ambassador" of the Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer.[1]

Andrea Agnelli (born December 6, 1975 in Turin) is an Italian businessman, currently serving as president of Italian association football club Juventus F.C..[1] He is also member of the board of FIAT and Exor.

Agnelli is the son of late Juventus president Umberto Agnelli and is the last male member of the family to carry the Agnelli name. He studied at St Clare's International School in Oxford and then at Bocconi University in Milan. He has worked for Piaggio, Auchan and Ferrari.[2]

In May 2010 he was appointed President of Juventus F.C. by his cousin John Elkann, becoming the fourth member of the Agnelli family to run the football club (after his father, his uncle and his grandfather). One of his first acts as President of Juventus was the appointment of Luigi Delneri as manager.[3]

Fix this fucking club please.

Dragula

Jul 17, 2006
Imo the real problem here is class. Form is temporary while class is permanent. If the majority of our team is mediocre, then it was only a matter of time our true potential showed. Where are the champions we once were? I can list the worldbeaters on our roster on 1 hand: Del Piero, Buffon, Chiellini, Krasic, maybe Marchisio. The rest are just average. We need to invest in some champions and fast.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)