AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
3 days in Turin is optimal

Don't waste time in Milan even if you fly in to Malpensa from NYC.

Go to Rome.

Go to Florence.

Go eat and enjoy everywhere you go.

Don't make it about football. It's a beautiful country beyond the idiocy of the sport and what it has become.
Well I WOULD like to go see a match still, plus there are some good ones in November and December.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
So I finally came across the subject of vegan seafood today:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katrin...iness-and-not-a-moment-too-soon/#52d691ea645d

Along with vegan products that are textured like fake chicken, etc., I still don’t get why eating vegan has to be fake carnivorous. And it dawned on me with a parallel why.

Vegan seafood is like child sex dolls. Sure, you can say, “hey, ain’t it great that we aren’t harming children?!” But at the same time you are selling dolls that look like children so you can rape them with impunity while pretending it’s a real kid.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katrin...iness-and-not-a-moment-too-soon/#52d691ea645d

Along with vegan products that are textured like fake chicken, etc., I still don’t get why eating vegan has to be fake carnivorous. And it dawned on me with a parallel why.

Vegan seafood is like child sex dolls. Sure, you can say, “hey, ain’t it great that we aren’t harming children?!” But at the same time you are selling dolls that look like children so you can rape them with impunity while pretending it’s a real kid.
It's exactly that lol

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

Its seafood, but is grown on land. Nothing fishy about that.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah, I think that's a bit of a stretch. Texture is a huge part of eating. You'd probably be a bit hesitant if you started eating shrimp only to find they had the consistency of marshmallows, for example.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Sardinia is beautiful.

Many Italian players have it as their favourite summer destination. Marchisio goes there every year. When people with all the money in the world choose to spend their vacation there that tells you something. If you ever do visit Sardinia, I'd advise to visit Corsica too. Very different vibe, but easily one of my favourite spots in Europe.

The food in Sardinia is not as good as in the rest of the countey though and it 'feels' less Italian if that makes any sense.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
Fregola, seafood and Ignusa beer :tuttosport: :heart:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Make a 5 year plan:

FIRST TIMER MODE
Year 1: You go to Rome+Florence+Toscana

FOOTBALL FAN MODE
Year 2: You go to Turin, Bergamo (yes Bergamo), Milan

GODFATHER MODE
Year 3: You go to Sicily and maybe Napoli

GERMAN TOURIST MODE
Year 4. You go to Lake Garda + Verona

WITTL MODE
Year 5: You go to some 300 souls village in Calabria and finance your trip with playing guitar on the street

BONUS (AMERICAN MODE)
You go to Venezia
Screw you:rofl:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, I think that's a bit of a stretch. Texture is a huge part of eating. You'd probably be a bit hesitant if you started eating shrimp only to find they had the consistency of marshmallows, for example.
I dunno. I kind of like the Mexican villages who think people who eat shrimp are basically eating sea insects.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Expensive, delicious insects at that
That reminds me of a great bit from the TV show The Job. The show got reamed in the ratings. But the next year, right after 9/11, practically the same cast and crew re-packaged it about firemen instead of policemen and they called it Rescue Me and people went apeshit over it. (Also a good show, but so was The Job.) Even if Denis Leary annoys you.

They just can't put racial stuff on TV in the US anymore as they did in 2001:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That reminds me of a great bit from the TV show The Job. The show got reamed in the ratings. But the next year, right after 9/11, practically the same cast and crew re-packaged it about firemen instead of policemen and they called it Rescue Me and people went apeshit over it. (Also a good show, but so was The Job.) Even if Denis Leary annoys you.

They just can't put racial stuff on TV in the US anymore as they did in 2001:

I'm going to watch this safely from the comfort of my home :D

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Someone wrote "all sex workers are communists" on a piece of paper and put it in my mailbox at work.

Not sure i agree. Sex work seems pretty capitalist to me
Also, what does that have to do with your job? :shifty:

Speaking of which, my friend just got back from a trip to Paris and Amsterdam. It sounds wild there, at least in the tourist area. Also, apparently the Dutch hate Americans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 662)