lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
you guys expecting another 2008 style crisis in real estate in the West? because it sure feels a lot different than in 2006, 2007 which was a mad time in retrospective.
No idea but out of pure spite I won't be buying inflated boomer boxes as it stands.

Many factors can lead to a crash. I'm sure it will come eventually but this 'eventually' might last another 20 years (or 20 days)

The circumstances are different now, white trash buying homes they can't afford won't be the attack vector this time.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I still expect a big economic shitstorm.

Gas prices are insane. I think it's the first time 1000 cubic meters costs 1400 dollars... wtf. Food prices have gone sky high over the past year and I expect big increase especially after January.
Excuse me, sir. What world do you live in? There is no inflation whatsoever. Biden and the Fed has everything under control. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

But at least we are green, right? Riiiight? Biggest scam in history.
Bernie Madoff didn't really die. His spirit lives on with Bernie Sanders Madoff.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys expecting another 2008 style crisis in real estate in the West? because it sure feels a lot different than in 2006, 2007 which was a mad time in retrospective.
Hope so, but doubtful. I expect a correction in housing prices, but I don't expect a full-on housing crash like in 2008. That was fueled by mortgage backed securities and trillions worth of leverage along with retail speculation in housing. We still have allllllllllllllllllllllll of that today of course, but the Federal Reserve will just buy it all before the market crashes this time, so taxpayers get to reap the benefits of non-existent inflation.

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Excuse me, sir. What world do you live in? There is no inflation whatsoever. Biden and the Fed has everything under control. :baus:

- - - Updated - - -

Bernie Madoff didn't really die. His spirit lives on with Bernie Sanders Madoff.
But it's not funny. Ever since 90s they manipulate the inflation. Majority of countries say it's 2-3%, including mine. Now, I won't comment about others, but that's such bullshit. I go to the store regularly and only a blind person wouldn't see it. Prices went up, depending on the product, 30-70% in the past year.

I'm not the only person going to the grocery. But apparently 95% truly believes inflation is 2-4% :sergio:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
No idea but out of pure spite I won't be buying inflated boomer boxes as it stands.

Many factors can lead to a crash. I'm sure it will come eventually but this 'eventually' might last another 20 years (or 20 days)

The circumstances are different now, white trash buying homes they can't afford won't be the attack vector this time.
I think another crash in housing like that would occur as the byproduct of another crash.

Never say never though.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's not funny. Ever since 90s they manipulate the inflation. Majority of countries say it's 2-3%, including mine. Now, I won't comment about others, but that's such bullshit. I go to the store regularly and only a blind person wouldn't see it. Prices went up, depending on the product, 30-70% in the past year.

I'm not the only person going to the grocery. But apparently 95% truly believes inflation is 2-4% :sergio:
They have to keep the fraud going, otherwise everyone will lose confidence in central banking, and then the central bankers and regular bankers will be sad. :sad:

Last edited:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:lol: the type to show you a picture of a random girl and beg for 5€ for 'medical treatment' while his 10 actual kids rob you from behind
I was living in a fairly tail thinking how Italians were hot. It was like 10 years ago when I went, though, and it was such a disappointment. I got used at seeing Italian NT, RAI and other TV stations with hot girls. I thought they were way above normal when it comes to beauty. And such a lie that was. An average guy/girl over there is below standards imo. For like 5 days I don't think I saw 2 hot chicks in 3-4 different towns. Tiny, dark skinned, small face (and quite often very ugly) was a typical face on their streets. No offence to anyone, really, but it was just my impression and a huge let down for me.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hope so, but doubtful. I expect a correction in housing prices, but I don't expect a full-on housing crash like in 2008. That was fueled by mortgage backed securities and trillions worth of leverage along with retail speculation in housing. We still have allllllllllllllllllllllll of that today of course, but the Federal Reserve will just buy it all before the market crashes this time, so taxpayers get to reap the benefits of non-existent inflation.
People were using their homes like cash machines back then. Kind of like crypto today. But this does seem different. Instead of people overextending on interest-only loans to accumulate properties, we have a few hedge funds doing that for us. And most people are just fighting for space because they're pandemic spooked and supply is down.

And given supply chains and labor markets and inflation, that supply ain't going up anytime soon.

How many of the remaining employees at the grocery are doing double shifts?

When I was in Rome I had the feeling that 30% of all people were tourists, 10% were natives and 60% were gypsies. Forza Rachele!
Oh, come on. Where's the trannies?

Representation, yo. You cannot toss a canoli around the Piazza della Repubblica without hitting some 2m tall chick with a jacked-up adam's apple.

If there is another similar crash then I'm prepared to buy more properties.
Naw. I'm doing one better. Levi Strauss selling jeans to the miners, yo. I'm going full-on Tom Vu and am gonna do seminars on how to buy distressed real estate

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I was living in a fairly tail thinking how Italians were hot. It was like 10 years ago when I went, though, and it was such a disappointment. I got used at seeing Italian NT, RAI and other TV stations with hot girls. I thought they were way above normal when it comes to beauty. And such a lie that was. An average guy/girl over there is below standards imo. For like 5 days I don't think I saw 2 hot chicks in 3-4 different towns. Tiny, dark skinned, small face (and quite often very ugly) was a typical face on their streets. No offence to anyone, really, but it was just my impression and a huge let down for me.
That is not my experience in Lisboa any, btw. :shifty:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 792)