swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm heading to China for 6 months to live with the kung fu fighting monks. Something tells me they don't grant smoking breaks during training days. Which are every day :D
Don't forget to bring an iron lung.

Just woke up with the worlds most fucked up cold, I tried calling someone and leaving a message, but I realized I cant even get out a word without sounding fucked up, my voice sounds like the oldest one among the Golden girls :sergio: Yeah will be fun going to work sounding like an 80 year old jewish lady.
:lol:

Same here. Unless she looks like Olivia Wilde.
How about Oscar Wilde?

Any of you guys here ever been to the smaller cities in Northern Italy? When I'm going over in Feb me and the girlfriend want to do some of the smaller cities. Taking a day trip to Verona (not a small city I know but haven't ticked it off the list yet).
Can't say enough good things about staying a few days in the heart of Alba.

I haven't tried mechanical/mods yet, but I do know a lot about them. Most of those are battery mods which means that you can still use your tanks on them (if the threading fits), but some of them are even complete devices with a battery part and a tank of it's own. It's definitely the next step up for me, and based on reviews and what I've seen on Youtube I'm gonna go for one called the Kayfun Lite. A bit expensive (but there are more expensive mods out there), but it has high quality parts, no leaking issues and the top reviewers out there are incredibly amazed by how well it performs.

Mechanical mods can be somewhat overwhelming for a beginner, though, as there is more maintenance involved. But if you're handy and learn pretty fast, you can get a lot of enjoyment out of it straight away. All you really need is a small screwdriver and a pair of plyers. Also, they are great if you wanna use homemade coils and wicks. Not only is it cheaper to make your own coils and wicks, but it's fully possible to make ones that are better than the coilheads w/ wicks that are sold by manufacturers (for instance by using sterilized cotton instead of silica, which seems to soak up the e-juice better, and how you align the wire on your custom-made wick). If you don't wanna get into building your own coils and wicks, though, the manufactured ones are still damn good so no worries.

Linking a pic of the glorious Kayfun :touched:

Parts made in Germany and Russia, and performs like a champion:

Obviously, this will be my go-to device for homevaping, it's not something I'd carry with me outside :D
The point of an explosive vest is not to reuse it. :rolleyes:

I would kick you in the balls for making out to Backstreet Boys.
Word to that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
If your in Beijing and need somewhere to crash let me know, we have a spare bedroom here :)

Any of you guys here ever been to the smaller cities in Northern Italy? When I'm going over in Feb me and the girlfriend want to do some of the smaller cities. Taking a day trip to Verona (not a small city I know but haven't ticked it off the list yet).

Brescia and Padova play at home on the weekend we are there, considering going to one of them. Thinking of maybe Parma, Bergamo, Mantova, Modena maybe.

Any advice?
Bergamo was nice, or what little I saw of it.

I think Im officially in a relationship now. We just made out in a diner with backstreet boys playing in the background. I wouldve kicked myself in the balls for this just three weeks ago.
Congrats. :p

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
A lot of people think that VG, since it's found in most skin products, soap etc., has to be toxic. My apologies, @Nzoric, if I'm wrongly mistaking you for one of those.

http://www.canadavapes.com/health/vegetable-glycerin-safety.html

This isn't the only source I've read on VG, I just want to point that out. I like to read the actual research itself, not just summary documents. But this is an easy read and gives some key information if you're pressed for time.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Do you have
A lot of people think that VG, since it's found in most skin products, soap etc., has to be toxic. My apologies, @Nzoric, if I'm wrongly mistaking you for one of those.

http://www.canadavapes.com/health/vegetable-glycerin-safety.html

This isn't the only source I've read on VG, I just want to point that out. I like to read the actual research itself, not just summary documents. But this is an easy read and gives some key information if you're pressed for time.
Thanks :tup:. Do you have any sources talking about what would possibly make it unsafe? Just curious about it.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Do you have

Thanks :tup:. Do you have any sources talking about what would possibly make it unsafe? Just curious about it.
The main risk with VG seems to be that in some VG-based solutions, two toxic compounds that are also found in ordinary cigarettes, appear. These are formaldehyde and acrolein. When they have appeared, they have nevertheless appeared in much lower levels than what is true of the ordinary cigarette (ordinary cigarettes contain 12 to 32-fold higher levels)

Andrzej Sobczak, Ph.D.*1,2, Leon Kosmider1,2, Maciej L. Goniewicz, Ph.D.3,4, Jakub
Knysak2, Marzena Zaciera, Ph.D.5, and Jolanta Kurek5, 1Institute of Occupational
Medicine and Environmental Health, Sosnowiec, Poland; 2Medical University
of Silesia, Katowice, Poland;3Queen Mary University of London, UK; 4Roswell
Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, USA; 5Institute of Occupational Medicine and
Environmental Health, Sosnowiec, Poland

Significance: Electronic cigarettes (ECs) are purported to deliver nicotine vapor
without any toxic substances generated from tobacco combustion. However, using
ECs involves heating a nicotine solution to high temperatures. This may induce
chemical reactions which result in the possible formation of carbonyl compounds
(CCs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Many CCs and VOCs are common
tobacco-specific toxicants with proven carcinogenic and cardiotoxic properties. Aim
of the study:The aim of the study was to quantify and compare the levels of selected
CCs (formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, acrolein, acetone, propanal, butanal) and VOCs
(benzene, toluene, etylobenzene and ortho-, meta-, para-xylene) in EC nicotine
refill solutions, vapors generated from ECs,and mainstream smoke from tobacco
cigarettes. Methods: Six commercially available nicotine refill solutions for ECs
(Chic Group Ltd. Poland) were examined. Three solutions contained a mixture of
propylene glycol and glycerin (Volish brand) as a solvent for nicotine, while the
other three contained only propylene glycol (Mild brand). Thirtypuffs were taken
using an automatic smoking machine. Mainstream smoke was generated from
a3R4F reference tobacco cigarette. CCs were extracted from vapor and smoke to
solid phase with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine, and analyzed using HPLC/DAD. VOCs
were absorbed on activated carbon and analyzed with GC/MS. Results:Traces of
acetaldehyde were detected in all examined EC solutions(0.081±0.042 μg/mL).
Acetaldehyde was found in all EC vapors (0.153±0.116 μg/30 puffs), but at levels
more than a thousand-fold lower than in tobacco smoke. Formaldehyde and acrolein
were only found in vapors generated from glycerin-based solutions (0.116±0.022
and0.110±0.190μg/30 puffs) and in tobacco smoke (12 and 32-fold higher levels,
respectively). None of the examined VOCs were detected in the vapors, while all
were found in tobacco smoke. Conclusions: In contrast to tobacco smoke, the
vapors generated from ECs does not contain VOCs. Exposure to CCs from ECs is
significantly reduced compared to tobacco smoke and may be attributable to the
glycerin content in the nicotine refill solution.

That's nothing your body can't handle.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
The main risk with VG seems to be that in some VG-based solutions, two toxic compounds that are also found in ordinary cigarettes, appear. These are formaldehyde and acrolein. When they have appeared, they have nevertheless appeared in much lower levels than what is true of the ordinary cigarette (ordinary cigarettes contain 12 to 32-fold higher levels)

Andrzej Sobczak, Ph.D.*1,2, Leon Kosmider1,2, Maciej L. Goniewicz, Ph.D.3,4, Jakub
Knysak2, Marzena Zaciera, Ph.D.5, and Jolanta Kurek5, 1Institute of Occupational

Significance: Electronic cigarettes (ECs) are purported to deliver nicotine vapor
tobacco-specific toxicants with proven carcinogenic and cardiotoxic properties. Aim
of the study:The aim of the study was to quantify and compare the levels of selected
cigarettes. Methods: Six commercially available nicotine refill solutions for ECs
propylene glycol and glycerin (Volish brand) as a solvent for nicotine, while the
other three contained only propylene glycol (Mild brand). Thirtypuffs were taken
Acetaldehyde was found in all EC vapors (0.153±0.116 μg/30 puffs), but at levels
more than a thousand-fold lower than in tobacco smoke. Formaldehyde and acrolein

Zach type post

*reported

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011

Interesting. Thanks :tup:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Interesting. Thanks :tup:
You're welcome :)

No one is saying ecigs is 100 % risk-free. Most stuff you put in your body contains risk, even ice cream. What matters is the substantial reduction of toxins in ecigs in comparison with ordinary cigs. Your body is able to handle that.

Remember that ordinary cigs contain 3000 various compounds, and 17 of those are flagged high risk for cancer when injested in high doses.

Ecigs contain 4 main ingredients: VG, PG, Nicotine and sweetener (sweetener can even be organic), and traces of few toxins that are found in ordinary cigs. But far from critical levels.

A brand new research document from Norway was released last month, by SIRIUS (Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research). It confirms how much safer than ordinary cigs ecigs are. I was gonna post a link to it but it seems that there's only a norwegian version of the .pdf document available at present. I'm sure an english version will be available in the near future.

Zach type post

*reported
:lol2:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
You're welcome :)

No one is saying ecigs is 100 % risk-free. Most stuff you put in your body contains risk, even ice cream. What matters is the substantial reduction of toxins in ecigs in comparison with ordinary cigs. Your body is able to handle that.

Remember that ordinary cigs contain 3000 various compounds, and 17 of those are flagged high risk for cancer when injested in high doses.

Ecigs contain 4 main ingredients: VG, PG, Nicotine and sweetener (sweetener can even be organic), and traces of few toxins that are found in ordinary cigs. But far from critical levels.

A brand new research document from Norway was released last month, by SIRIUS (Norwegian Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research). It confirms how much safer than ordinary cigs ecigs are. I was gonna post a link to it but it seems that there's only a norwegian version of the .pdf document available at present. I'm sure an english version will be available in the near future.
I don't touch the stuff, but I know people that do and I also find it hard to believe that it is 100% "safe" like some claim. They also sell them without nicotine, so I wonder if that affects it at all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
What's this "reptile dysfunction" I keep hearing about during the commercial breaks on my TV?

Do they really put lizards through behavioral conditioning?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 436)