[WC] World Cup 2014 - General Talk Thread (20 Viewers)

the Champs

• Argentina

• Germany

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Juventino[RUS];4596807 said:
I am on chile's bandwagon for the rest of tournament

- - - Updated - - -

Mediocre
Bundesliga - check
Cup - check
Clubs World Cup - check
Semifinal of CL - check
Look Ruski, its very simple

They had an incredible team that had everything to domminate the next couple of years.

Instead, they were average at best in europe, and got results in a significantly weakened bundesliga. World cup these days, its a shame if you dont win it

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i want chile to win!! and i think they can do it. this brazil side is not very convincing at least for me.

- - - Updated - - -

you obviously never played sports if you say that, being soundly beatn demoralizes the shit out of you, and no competitor worth his salt would dare say that losing a tough fought 0-1 is the same as 0-4 and at home on top of that.
the bolded part :tup: and no decent manager would say a country got knocked out because of laser pens!!

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
Yeah, one of my best friends (girl) sits in Inter's Curva Nord, and there's another girl I know through her who does too. Female ultras are rare, but not completely unheard of.
There is one such case about a girl (ultra) in there who got arrested for protesting and got banned from the stadium . So she changed her hair colour entered the stadium got arrested again and now every time there's a match she has to report to the police and sit with them . :D

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
A question to all the tacticians on here: Why has manmarking become so out of fashion? Brazil especially is a prime example of where I would feel like a tight manmarking of Neymar would do wonders, in a way Lambert marked Zidane in 97 for example. Since I'm however sure I'm not smarter in that regard than all the naitional team coaches previously facing Neymar, I'm assuming there's a reason against manmarking I don't quite understand. Anyone willing and able to help me out here?

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
A question to all the tacticians on here: Why has manmarking become so out of fashion? Brazil especially is a prime example of where I would feel like a tight manmarking of Neymar would do wonders, in a way Lambert marked Zidane in 97 for example. Since I'm however sure I'm not smarter in that regard than all the naitional team coaches previously facing Neymar, I'm assuming there's a reason against manmarking I don't quite understand. Anyone willing and able to help me out here?
I would presume it's just because they don't trust their defender to not get turned inside out by Neymar. Since he's a forward putting one man on him means that if he gets past that man he'll be through on goal. Defending as a team - at least to those coaches it seems - is more likely to be able to stop him from playing his game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)