[WC] World Cup 2010 - General Talk Thread (8 Viewers)

bullboy

May 18, 2007
My breakdown of the games so far
mex vs Safrica= Ok game, more exciting because it was the opener
France vs Uruguay= Snorefest
Skorea vs Greece = mildly interesting
Argies vs Nigeria= Not bad
England vs us= Hmmph
Slovenia vs Algeria= Coma inducing fell asleep half way through
Ghana vs Serbia= 1st half rubbish 2nd half much better
Germany vs Oz= Goal fest, 1 way traffic
Hol vs Denmark = Ok ish
Cameroon vs Japan = Didnt watch heard it wasnt great
Italy vs Para = Only exciting because its my national team
Nz vs Slovakia= Awful
Portugal vs I. C = a little less awful

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Both were definite flops. Ronaldo turned cry-baby too soon and showed all his bad habits before his big season at ManU: taking dives on light fouls instead of playing through them.

Liedson did little constructive with the ball. But I give him a little more slack because Portuguese forwards suck in general.

But damn, do we miss Nani.
Deco sucked too, I thought.

Too bad Rui Costa isn't still around.

But really, Ronaldo was a detriment to the side with all those flops. You really do miss Nani.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Portugal needed one good moment to score, they didn't get it because their attacking play was pretty awful. Ivory Coast are beyond hope, even if they play good, they will screw themselves up anyway with their dumbness. I'd wait before giving out judgment for Portugal, but seems like it's the same old Ivory Coast, even under such good coach they are getting nowhere.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Both were definite flops. Ronaldo turned cry-baby too soon and showed all his bad habits before his big season at ManU: taking dives on light fouls instead of playing through them.

Liedson did little constructive with the ball. But I give him a little more slack because Portuguese forwards suck in general.

But damn, do we miss Nani.

theres too much weight and pressure in the first game, as a defeat tremendously increases chances of leaving tourney early. I think WC would be a better competition had it been KOs throughout.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
i started watching the world cup since 1990 and this is easily the worst one. south africa did a great job hosting the event and the people there have been exteremly welcoming to there guests but the quality of football is beyond horrible. i do realize this is the group stage but compared to several other versions of the cup non come close to being this boring and poor.

ivory coast played well, i wish they started with the same intensity as they did towards the end but i think they have a chance in this complicated group.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
theres too much weight and pressure in the first game, as a defeat tremendously increases chances of leaving tourney early. I think WC would be a better competition had it been KOs throughout.
that would make it very competitive from the start i agree, but it kind of kills any chances for teams that with luck can make it thru to more advanced stages. i,e it all comes down to the draw and which team they face.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm not too disappointed by the World Cup so far, but that's probably because I had very low expectations prior to it starting.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Germany seemed to have figured it out.
to be honest aaron, i think its too early to say that. def germany is the only team so far to convince me but i'd wait until they come up against a strong team before i can reach a conclusion regarding them. i think its do-able for the strikers, bec it just needs a lesser amount of force when striking it, the problem is mainly for the goal keepers bec it changes direction.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
to be honest aaron, i think its too early to say that. def germany is the only team so far to convince me but i'd wait until they come up against a strong team before i can reach a conclusion regarding them. i think its do-able for the strikers, bec it just needs a lesser amount of force when striking it, the problem is mainly for the goal keepers bec it changes direction.
We'll see. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Teams need to stop playing scared.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Germany seemed to have figured it out.
they have been using the ball in bundesliga since January! Or so the english media claim.

also i think to make it more exciting they should do away with this predetermined matches. They should do it like CL & have a draw at the end of every round with first place in one group can play 2nd place in any of the gorups so teams don't know who they will face until after they qualify.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Is the ball too prone to floating? I don't understand.

This tournament lacks in an attitude to win for me, but it is REALLY early.
Apparently it's more prone to odd bounces which I agree with and it's prone to sailing on crosses. Yet, some teams (Japan yesterday) seem to cross the ball just fine. If I were a manager I'd tell my boys to keep it on the ground and don't switch fields unless there's plenty of space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)