[WC] Italia vs USA [17-06-2006] (2 Viewers)

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
If there's at least one thing I'm happy about, it's Lippi's versatility and given the squad, it makes us a lot less predictable than previous tournies

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Enron said:
Well its not like Italy has a talent deficiency or anything.
and they didnt have one in the euro championship either but traps conservative tactics killed them. they were too one-dimentional and at least now they have a bit of versatility.
strange as it may seem, totti's injury was a massive boost for italian hopes as they had to experiment with different formations and players, this will see lippi adapt better than trap ever did and give italy a very, very good chabce of winning the world cup

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
Stuart said:
What the hell is your point? Someone said that they would start Del Piero and I stated why DP shouldn't start. Asshole.
calm down sweetheart

thats was you're post​

Stuart said:
so I doubt we'll see him.
And my answer was to you not to someone​

ThePLaya said:
who cares about him ?

its WC.. all what lippi care is ( 3 points) whatever he plays or not !

So please do not call me Asshole again as long as i did not start calling you that,, otherwise i can say that back to you with no problem at all.​

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
thing is lippi is so versatile and is so well prepared, just the sheer discipline lippi has integrated, like in their match within the ranks where for every goal a team conceded they wud be made to do 10 situps shows the seriousness of lippi and to integrate that determination not to fail, wheras england had 2 days off training after their match against paraguay, that on the otherhands shows their more relaxed approach and the lack of urgency in the poor way they have played in the competition so far. i dont think any other previous managers have the ability lippi has to change his sides formation to cope with the current pressure, and the sheer talent he has in reserves, tbh if one player was suspended, at least i know that their is a good reserve in place. not many if any other teams i know have this luxury, i mean u look at england, they moaned about the loss of rooney, and the short form of owen, doesnt sven have faith in his "kid" - walcott? wheras with italy, ok they lost zambo and gattuso, lippi dealt with it.

im so confident in this italy side, i dont think in the many yrs ive supported this nation that ive ever felt this good about the side's chances of success

ThePLaya

Nov 8, 2005
Badass Devil said:
im so confident in this italy side, i dont think in the many yrs ive supported this nation that ive ever felt this good about the side's chances of success
yeah me too, americans can only pack their luggages back to USA

italy must be on the top of the group otherwise Brasil is waiting on the second round:tdown:

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Italy takes note of U.S. 'war' quotes
June 15, 2006

DUISBURG, Germany (AP) -- If the United States considers its next game "war," Italy is ready.

Even if the Azzurri believe statements made by U.S. forward Eddie Johnson were a little over the top.

"We'll do our talking on the field. That's what we're here to do," forward Vincenzo Iaquinta said Thursday. "But if they consider it war, then it will be war for us, too."

The American team was to spend Thursday and Friday nights at Ramstein Air Base outside Kaiserslautern, where the United States plays Italy on Saturday.

Johnson said Wednesday that he hoped some of the troops' spirit would transfer over to the U.S. team.

"It's like us in the World Cup. We're here for a war," the 22-year-old forward said. "We came here to battle, we came here to represent our country."

The Americans are coming off a 3-0 loss to the Czech Republic and need a win to avoid elimination. Italy opened with a comfortable 2-0 win over Ghana in Group E.

"A war seems a bit exaggerated but we'll prepare ourselves appropriately," striker Alberto Gilardino said. "We're not underestimating any of our opponents. This is the game of their lives. We have to go out and play our game to bring home three points."

Gilardino added that he thought "Johnson was only referring to the competitive aspect of war."

Johnson was asked whether he was comparing a sporting event to a war.

"Yeah," he responded. "Whenever you put your jersey on and you look at your crest and the national anthem's going on, and you're playing against a different country, it's like you do or die, it's survival of the (fittest) over 90 minutes-plus. We're going to go out there and do whatever we've got to do, make tackles, do the things when the referee's not looking. ... to get three points."

The war in Iraq was widely unpopular in Italy and new Italian Premier Romano Prodi is working out a timetable for pulling Italy's troops out of Iraq by year's end.

Previous premier Silvio Berlusconi, a strong ally of President Bush, sent in some 3,000 troops to help with reconstruction after the ouster of Saddam Hussein. More than half that number of Italian soldiers are still in Iraq.

"We know they'll be watching and want to do well for them, too," Gilardino said.

Extra security is being prepared for the game.

"I hope it's not a game at risk, the stadium will be full and our families will be there, too," Gilardino said

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
ah brazil? who? they havnt impressed me at all, i think italy cud confidently beat them.

wot arena said about italy's style of play for saturday is completly wrong, stating that italy will play defensive, catenaccio style, well italy ofcorse will defend as they usually do, but will go out their with the intention to attack and win the game, u saw it urself against ghana even at 1-0 lippi had the intention to increase that lead, and it worked. catenaccio? i think that just shows the lack of awareness of wot italy will do to the americans.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I’m an Italy fan, says Arena Thursday 15 June, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA boss Bruce Arena has admitted that he’s been a fan of the Italian national side, who they meet on Saturday, since he was a child.

The tactician, who has peninsula roots, has revealed that he’s been an Azzurri disciple since he saw a poster of a 1950s Italian national side hanging up in a Brooklyn store run by Salvatore Schembre, his grandfather.

“Everybody looks at Brazil as the class of the tournament, but I still like Italy and have followed them for years,” said Arena on Thursday.

"I have Italian heritage, but I was born in America. That's my only connection,” continued the Coach.

“I've been to Italy only three times in my life. My mother's side is Sicilian and my father's from Naples. I'm sure I have bloodlines there. But I have not traced them."

Arena also admits that his limited Italian language skills will probably be of no use when he faces Marcello Lippi’s troops at the weekend.

“I do speak Italian, but not the kind of words you want to hear,” he smiled.

The USA go into the game after losing 3-0 to the Czech Republic in their World Cup opener, a defeat which led to a blasting for key midfielder DaMarcus Beasley.

Yet Arena has today admitted that he made a mistake in publicly criticising the PSV Eindhoven 24-year-old.

"The remarks from me and DaMarcus should probably not have even been stated," Arena continued.

"DaMarcus hasn't been a problem with anything. I hate to tell you that because it doesn't sound as exciting as you want it to be.”

---
he better prove his azzurri fan by loosing 3:0 :stuckup: :D

Tariq

Jun 17, 2003
Stephan said:
Italy takes note of U.S. 'war' quotes
June 15, 2006

"We'll do our talking on the field. That's what we're here to do," forward Vincenzo Iaquinta said Thursday. "But if they consider it war, then it will be war for us, too."

"It's like us in the World Cup. We're here for a war," the 22-year-old forward said. "We came here to battle, we came here to represent our country."

Johnson was asked whether he was comparing a sporting event to a war.

"Yeah," he responded. "Whenever you put your jersey on and you look at your crest and the national anthem's going on, and you're playing against a different country, it's like you do or die, it's survival of the (fittest) over 90 minutes-plus. We're going to go out there and do whatever we've got to do, make tackles, do the things when the referee's not looking. ... to get three points."
If its a war they want then a war they're gonna get....those damn Americans think that they can just scare the whole world with all this war bullshit....well guess what...BRING IT ON. Look at how they're getting their asses kicked in Iraq, so if they play like the fight then its ITLAY ALL THE WAY BABY.

FORZA REGAZI...FORZA AZZURRI....FORZA ITALIA....FORZA IRAQ :)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Tariq said:
If its a war they want then a war they're gonna get....those damn Americans think that they can just scare the whole world with all this war bullshit....well guess what...BRING IT ON. Look at how they're getting their asses kicked in Iraq, so if they play like the fight then its ITLAY ALL THE WAY BABY.

FORZA REGAZI...FORZA AZZURRI....FORZA ITALIA....FORZA IRAQ :)
Spot on, Tariq...

This match should be won to kill their arrogance...

I hope they're humilated in the match...

Go Italia...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Tariq said:
Everything is Politics....so just chill out dude!
Not really.

This is Juventuz Forums and Football Forums not Iraq or Palestine forums....You can discuss the Palestine Vs Israel case or US vs Iraq one in the right thread/section....Not here.

Try to keep your "Arab emotion" somewhere else, and If you can't, then try not to post.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Azzurri7 said:
Not really.

This is Juventuz Forums and Football Forums not Iraq or Palestine forums....You can discuss the Palestine Vs Israel case or US vs Iraq one in the right thread/section....Not here.

Try to keep your "Arab emotion" somewhere else, and If you can't, then try not to post.
Hey, Azzuri...

We don't want to make it a political forum, but the way the American guy was talking is just the same way of political Americans...

And we highlighted that, that's it...

Chill out, mate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)