Vincenzo Iaquinta (12 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Ready For Special Spalletti Meeting

Vincenzo Iaquinta is excited about meeting up with Luciano Spalletti in the backdrop of one of the biggest games of the Serie A season.

Roma host Juventus in a Serie A block-buster on Sunday afternoon, a game which will see Vincenzo Iaquinta meet his former coach Luciano Spalletti.

Spalletti was the man under whom Iaquinta made his mark at Udinese, and the striker is obviously still indebted.

"I spent three wonderful years with him at Udinese and above all must thank him, as Spalletti helped to bring out my potential when I could not fully express it," he said.

"He was crucial in my career. I owe it to him if I have managed to climb the ladder all the way to Juve.

"I’d love to score on Sunday, but the important thing is to win. Roma are a great team who play spectacular football.

"I was really impressed and they are certainly dangerous.

"But we are concentrated on this match. We are going to Rome looking for the win, as that is in the DNA of this squad and this club."

Speaking about his battle for a starting spot, he insisted he was happy with the chances he has been given thus far.

"I am very happy with the chances that Claudio Ranieri has given me.

"What do I envy about my teammates? Alex is a phenomenon, while David always manages to score goals. Don’t forget Raffaele Palladino, who is young and needs time, but I’m certain he will hit the headlines."

goal.com

May 22, 2007
Should be brought on around the 60minute mark to form a 3 man front line if we are drawing or losing. Unlike last Sunday when we take off our best striker to score a goal. :/

May 22, 2007
I don't know, Sali could play there and so could Olivera (if he is still around???). Because of his pace he could be so much more effective coming off the bench when Roma are tired and running them down.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
I like how he mentioned Palladino will become a great player for the future...
I really hope Iaquinta can perform when he plays vs Roma..
Raineri should take a gamble on Palladino.. this time a year ago he was the future of italia n juve n now people r calling for the dreaded co-own or loan process.. unlike many i havent give up hope that he will become a real influential part of Juve

Boksic

May 11, 2005
i said he could be a good signing for us because he has something different (he moves into the channels, has pace and power) he's certainly not glamorous but can do a decent job. Hopefully he can build on this performance.

plus he's showing that he has the Spirito Della Juve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)