Vincenzo Iaquinta (42 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta: First The World Cup; Now The Scudetto!

New Juventus forward Vincenzo Iaquinta was part of the Italy squad to win last year's World Cup. Now, he's set his sights on the scudetto with the Old Lady...

In an interview with fans on the TuttoSport website, Juventus striker Vincenzo Iaquinta insisted that not only is he dead-set on winning the scudetto with his new club, but that he'd have joined them even in Serie B.

Juventus came straight back up last season following their relegation after Calciopoli, and Iaquinta said that "of course" he would have loved to have been a part of that.

But he was more concerned with the current season, and his goals within it.

"The main obective is to qualify for the Champions League.

"But if we got into those places and got into a fight for first place, we wouldn't give up.

"We have the team to do it, both technically and mentally."

The 19-times capped striker arrived from Udinese this summer, and in the same interview named the former Zebrette coach Luciano Spalletti as his favourite coach to date, and the one with the most influence on his career.

Iaquinta scored 58 league goals during his time at the Friuli. He has also served Reggiolo, Padova and Castel di Sangro.

goal.com

Adzke

May 19, 2007
He shows the spirit. But I don't like our players already talking about Scudetto. I think it's to early. However, it would be nice to piss Moratti in the face by winning back what is rightfully ours.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
We did miss iaquinta today , who else could score goals with his ass ??
:lol: 12-13 more freak goals like that would do very nicely

He shows the spirit. But I don't like our players already talking about Scudetto. I think it's to early. However, it would be nice to piss Moratti in the face by winning back what is rightfully ours.
yea it's quite premature but it shows good ambition...

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Happy To Be Back In Azzurri Fold

The Juventus striker has expressed his delight at returning to the Italy squad for the Euro 2008 qualifier in Ukraine

Vincenzo Iaquinta’s promising start to the season with new club Juventus has been capped off by a late call-up to the Azzurri squad to face Ukraine. The former Udinese hitman got the call after Bayern Munich forward Luca Toni was ruled out with a thigh injury.

"I spoke with Donadoni before he announced the squad and he had already alerted me. Then I had a few problems that didn’t allow me to play in Cagliari and so I wasn’t able to answer his call-up," Iaquinta explained.

"Luckily I’m alright now. I heard about the call-up on Saturday evening, before the game in Milan. I was obviously very pleased and I consider myself available for selection."

Iaquinta looked ahead to the vital match in Kiev and insisted that Italy would be going there to win.

"Now we have this match in the Ukraine, where the local fans will support their team enthusiastically. We have to go there without fear, and try to play openly for the three points."

The giant striker has a very real chance of starting the match on Wednesday evening as both Filippo Inzaghi and Alessandro Del Piero disappointed during Saturday’s stalemate with France.

goal.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)