Vincenzo Iaquinta (20 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Actually that is the reason why Lippi brought him into the WC squad and why Ranieri wants him, some factors that are a bonus for a striker. I don't see Iaquinta as a striker like Trezeguet, but more for his effective play.

And I don't want him to take penalties, a good penalty should be one like DP, blasting into the net, not like his, he will definitely be saved if Lehmann/Kahn is the GK
Probably just debut nerves. He was a good PK taker for Udinese.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Actually that is the reason why Lippi brought him into the WC squad and why Ranieri wants him, some factors that are a bonus for a striker. I don't see Iaquinta as a striker like Trezeguet, but more for his effective play.

And I don't want him to take penalties, a good penalty should be one like DP, blasting into the net, not like his, he will definitely be saved if Lehmann/Kahn is the GK
Lehmann isn't saving anything lately.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I am not keeping my hopes up too much that Iaquinta will have prolific season with Juve. I checked his history, but in short, he is something like 3.5-4 to one striker, which is abysmal for striker of any kind. To be fair Iaquinta has been hitting in mid to low tens last couple of season. Again, nothing to be too much impressed about given that Gilardino had COUPLE of 20 goal season with Parma, and many people here thinks Gila is shit.

So I can imagine Iaquinta hitting dry patch at some point this season, and many members here going beserk over his wastefullness in front of goal taking ove their initial euphoria.

Personally, I think Iaquinta is a good rotational player to have. He brings pace and strength to the team. He adds something differen to the players we already have. It just pity that he is our 3rd striker not 4th. But heck, we havent got CL, so we can buy even better player next season.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
well it will be understandable if he had a dry patch coz he won't start a lot of games ahead of DP...remember Trez used to be behind Inzaghi as well

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I am not keeping my hopes up too much that Iaquinta will have prolific season with Juve. I checked his history, but in short, he is something like 3.5-4 to one striker, which is abysmal for striker of any kind. To be fair Iaquinta has been hitting in mid to low tens last couple of season. Again, nothing to be too much impressed about given that Gilardino had COUPLE of 20 goal season with Parma, and many people here thinks Gila is shit.

So I can imagine Iaquinta hitting dry patch at some point this season, and many members here going beserk over his wastefullness in front of goal taking ove their initial euphoria.

Personally, I think Iaquinta is a good rotational player to have. He brings pace and strength to the team. He adds something differen to the players we already have. It just pity that he is our 3rd striker not 4th. But heck, we havent got CL, so we can buy even better player next season.
exactly spot on

and if he keeps his luck i think he could hit the 10 goals mark. We will depend more on Alex this season, so thats why i dont have high expectations (goals wise) from Vincenzo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)