Vincenzo Iaquinta (7 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I'm very happy for Iaquinta. Two goals on your official Juventus debut isn't too shabby at all, even if the penalty was debatable. I liked that assist he gave to Trezeguet as well.

I'm expecting everyone here to say shit like "he's just in the right place at the right time," or "he's just lucky." What else do you want in a striker? It's better that luck is on our side rather than on the side of the opposition.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm very happy for Iaquinta. Two goals on your official Juventus debut isn't too shabby at all, even if the penalty was debatable. I liked that assist he gave to Trezeguet as well.

I'm expecting everyone here to say shit like "he's just in the right place at the right time," or "he's just lucky." What else do you want in a striker? It's better that luck is on our side rather than on the side of the opposition.
Exactly. And what else does a striker need on his debut?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
He was ok today, not because he scored two goals, one with his ass after Nedved's huge effort and other by a penalty (which has nothing to do with penalty). other than the goals he scored, he did a good job, and don't ever underrate Livorno, they have a quality team!

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
He was ok today, not because he scored two goals, one with his ass after Nedved's huge goal and other by a penalty (which has nothing to do with penalty). other than the goals he scored, he did a good job, and don't ever underrate Livorno, they have a quality team!
tbh i was quite worried that we wouldnt win, livorno have some pretty good players.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
He was ok today, not because he scored two goals, one with his ass after Nedved's huge goal and other by a penalty (which has nothing to do with penalty). other than the goals he scored, he did a good job, and don't ever underrate Livorno, they have a quality team!
But if you watch closely, Amelia was diving the right way. I think it's fair to say that if Iaquinta didn't deflect the ball, it would be 4-1.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
If it wasn't for his deflection it wasn't going to go in. So his ass did the trick :D

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Let's not get over-excited for him. You can praise him as much as you want but seeing the videos of the match shows how much he was lucky today.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't say that luck is bad. But luck doesn't come when you need it. It comes by coincidence.
But you still want to bash him and not knowing how to do it. I am sure he'll have his share of bad games and you and Vinman will get what you want ;)

Ad for now, enjoy the moment :pint:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)