Vincenzo Iaquinta (46 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We Need To Work More, Says Iaquinta

Juventus were beaten 2-0 by Milan on Saturday evening as the Rossoneri won the Trofeo Berlusconi for the ninth time.

Vincenzo Iaquinta played the first half of the Trofeo Berlusconi, in a game which yet again exposed the weaknesses of the Bianconeri ahead of the new season.

"Losing never pleases you, but in the first half we troubled the Milan defence until their goal," he said.

"We knew that there was a lot of work to be done and we know it more now," he continued. "We decreased a bit in the second half, but what matters is the league and the debut against Livorno.

"What really matters is to be ready for that moment," declared the former Udinese forward.

Filippo Inzaghi scored both goals in the 2-0 win as the former Juventus player repeated his exploits of the Champions League final in Athens against Liverpool.

goal.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
He will score loads of goals in Hungary...er....wait....He is not called up!!!

Damn you Donadoni. How could you drop the World Champion that easily??

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Iaquinta Will Fight For First Team Place

Vincenzo Iaquinta arrived at the Old Lady this summer following another excellent season with Udinese. The fiery hitman finally got his wish and moved away from the Udine club in summer, with many feeling that he'll find life tougher at Juve. His response? Bring it on...

Iaquinta Vincenzo is looking ahead to his first season with Juve.

The striker hopes to make his debut for Juventus tomorrow, but is prepared to wait for a first team berth at Juventus after arriving from Udinese.

"I'm a little [excited], yes, being in the Juventus squad. It's also my debut tomorrow in the championship - if Ranieri decides, of course.

"The last two months? They've been amazing, to be here is just an incredible joy.

"To be here has been my goal in the last ten years, after fighting my way up from regional football to Serie C1 and beyond," he beamed.

Indeed, the route to the top has been long and winding for the 27 year old. He began his senior career with a spell at Reggiolo, before a short spell at Padova.

Then came two years at Castel di Sangro, the famous small town club made good, before he really hit the big time with Udinese.

Now, after seven years in Udine, he's finally earned a move to one of Italy's biggest clubs.

And he's prepared to jump in straight away, looking ahead to the Champions League and Serie A.

He insists that his side can do well in both - and knows that he will find himself involved some way along the line, even if he must face competition from Alessandro del Piero.

On this subject, he said, "We're all great choices for the attack, and we are in many ways level: it all depends on training and how the boss sees everyone; Ranieri will decide. Like always."

The striker spoke with a sense of relief about leaving Udinese, the club that so doggedly fought to keep hold of its prized asset.

He described his darkest moment as being two years ago, during a bitter contract wrangle with the club - but also spoke wistfully of an ill-fated move to Barcelona.

"I thought it was the move of my life, but Udinese wouldn't let me go," he rued. "It was in the race for third place in the league, and they didn't have time to source a replacement. So, I sadly stayed."

Juve begin their season on Saturday night against Livorno.

goal.com

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
It seems that Iaquinta will become Di Vaio 2.0, sitting on the bench but always claiming to be fighting to take Del Piero or Trezeguet's place.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
iaquinta is a softcock, come to think of it.. he does all the goodwork only to prematurely fuck it up once he sees the goal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)