US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (26 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Wouldn't you say that's a problem?
being black in this country these days is a fucking gift compared to being south asian. because to white people, I am a terrorist.

Regardless of the fact that terrorists come in all shapes, colors, faiths and sizes. I am brown and you can't pronounce my name because it isn't derived from the beautiful language known as american english, I don't accept Christ as my savior and I'm not dark enough to be black and I don’t speak spanish so I am not rican or cubano. Thus I am a "sand-nigger" or a "camel-jockey" terrorist.

Black people have every right to complain and be angry at this problem but at the end of the day its nothing compared to what actual immigrants have to go through and deal with.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
being black in this country these days is a fucking gift compared to being south asian. because to white people, I am a terrorist.

Regardless of the fact that terrorists come in all shapes, colors, faiths and sizes. I am brown and you can't pronounce my name because it isn't derived from the beautiful language known as american english, I don't accept Christ as my savior and I'm not dark enough to be black and I don’t speak spanish so I am not rican or cubano. Thus I am a "sand-nigger" or a "camel-jockey" terrorist.

Black people have every right to complain and be angry at this problem but at the end of the day its nothing compared to what actual immigrants have to go through and deal with.
Indeed, and it's all wrong. This tight-lipped racism is one of the many problems with this country, something that partially stems from the brilliant Bush administration labelling everybody they see a terrorist. One of my hopes with Obama is that he'll be able to somehow eliminate some of this ignorance across this nation.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Indeed, and it's all wrong. This tight-lipped racism is one of the many problems with this country, something that partially stems from the brilliant Bush administration labelling everybody they see a terrorist. One of my hopes with Obama is that he'll be able to somehow eliminate some of this ignorance across this nation.
There is no doubt that Bush and his administration both condoned and propogated the issue but for some reason I don’t see how electing Obama will mitigate or alleviate the it.

If anything it will breed more ignorance and more hate. And my personal prediction is that on election day in november, the world will see how racist/prejudice/ignorant/xenophobic/non-progressive, etc... America really is. Republican or Democrat, we all want change but I guarantee you that the overwhelming majority of white american voters will not want a black man to bring that change.

Like I said before (I think in the NATW thread), this is america and there is no way that america will elect a nigga or a bitch as president. At least not just yet for the next 15 years. This country is not ready for that kind of shit yet.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Like I said before (I think in the NATW thread), this is america and there is no way that america will elect a nigga or a bitch as president. At least not just yet for the next 15 years. This country is not ready for that kind of shit yet.
What's gonna happen in 15 years?

Btw I thought you were black.. :confused2

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think one of the big problems would be how to ensure Obama's safety if he were to be elected..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
The possibility of someone other than a white man being president of the U.S.
I mean what's gonna change in 15 years to make that possible? ;)

Sorry Martin, I'm a terrorist ;)
So what are you? :D You know back when I was running this place I was keeping a close eye on the whole forum and I knew who everyone was. So now it annoys me when I don't know who I'm talking to. :D

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I mean what's gonna change in 15 years to make that possible? ;)
The baby boomer generation will be pretty much out of the picture by then. More modern minds will hopfully be in power positions. I think that is the only way that it could happen. Its all about progression but we cannot achieve any progress with "old timers" and their "old ways, thoughts and beliefs" still hanging around.

So what are you? :D You know back when I was running this place I was keeping a close eye on the whole forum and I knew who everyone was. So now it annoys me when I don't know who I'm talking to. :D
I'm indian, can't you tell from my av? :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
There is no doubt that Bush and his administration both condoned and propogated the issue but for some reason I don’t see how electing Obama will mitigate or alleviate the it.

If anything it will breed more ignorance and more hate. And my personal prediction is that on election day in november, the world will see how racist/prejudice/ignorant/xenophobic/non-progressive, etc... America really is. Republican or Democrat, we all want change but I guarantee you that the overwhelming majority of white american voters will not want a black man to bring that change.

Speaking of terrorists, there are a bunch of signs on the B-More and DC Beltways that say Report Suspicious Activity...call... I wonder how many prank calls that phone center gets on a daily basis.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
That's funny because you're not so careful about "getting the full story" in any other context, happily slandering lots of people sometimes without knowing anything about them. And frankly your claim to fairness is ludicrous considering how quick you are to label people as bums and other things.
Where do I slander others without knowing them ?? If you are referring to Obama, well, I've heard what the guy has had to say, and formulated my opinion...even though I already said I'd vote for him over Mc Cain. And believe me, the ppl I refer to as "bums" and "other things", are in fact just that....whether you understand it or not, I can figure out rather quickly what a person is all about...thats part of my job

You see 10 seconds of a video and you base your opinion soley on that...and not what happened 30 seconds before the tape was recording....I'll give you what you want to hear, goofy, all cops are bastards...are you happy ??
And that should about cover the rest of the drivel in your post[/QUOTE]

I think one of the big problems would be how to ensure Obama's safety if he were to be elected..
very true...he has a bigger security team than any other candidate in history

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Where do I slander others without knowing them ?? If you are referring to Obama, well, I've heard what the guy has had to say, and formulated my opinion. And believe me, the ppl I refer to as "bums" and "other things", are in fact just that....whether you understand it or not, I can figure out rather quickly what a person is all about...thats part of my job
Baloney. You know just as well as I do just how often (70% of the time to ball park it) you shoot off your mouth with a one liner about someone who know jack shit about. When I'm around here I don't even make an effort to make properly informed statements because I know what passes for having a clue around here.

You see 10 seconds of a video and you base your opinion soley on that...and not what happened 30 seconds before the tape was recording....
That was one incident months ago and even then there was no doubt the guy was being abused. In the meantime there are stories on a regular basis about cops abusing their powers, whether they're beating someone up, leaving valuables in the subway and prying on people to "steal them", electrocuting them or raiding the wrong house in a drug bust and killing the owner. Not that I'm especially focused on cops, these power abuses happen on all levels lately, from government agencies to the military to politicians.

I'll give you what you want to hear, goofy, all cops are bastards...are you happy ??
And that should about cover the rest of the drivel in your post
No, I'm not happy, that's why I'm talking about this crap. If everything was fine I would be happy.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
i wonder how some of the southerners would react to his election.
I think Obama will do well in the South. He kicked ass in South Carolina with something like 73% of the vote. That is a serious ass beating. I don't think he would win Georgia, but he'll take North Carolina. As for places such as Mississippi and Alabama, I don't know, but Louisiana is Obama's for the taking.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
If that's the standard, what did you think when you realized John (Mikhail) didn't quite look like his avitar?
Or that Ian isn't Van der Sar? It's funny how when you see a name next to an avatar for a long time you start to think of it as a unit.

Actually in this case I vaguely recall the guy posting pictures of himself on some other website that he linked to, and there was a black guy too (in a Juve shirt I think?). Otherwise I wouldn't just assume the avatar is the person. But then it seemed like it was the same black guy in the avatar that I had seen in that other picture, so I assumed it was him.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Is McCain the new Kerry? In 2004 people were saying they're gonna shoot themselves in the foot deliberately just because Kerry isn't electable. Seems to be the same with McCain now, everyone seems to want to vote against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)