US Presidential Elections thread - the fate of the world to be decided (29 Viewers)

Who would you vote to be the next President of the United States?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I can't believe that's not all over the news. Sure, we were at war, but racially abusing an entire people just because of a few military men is entirely unacceptable for a fucking President. Disgusting motherfucker he is.
Have I mentioned that there are times when the inappropriateness of this smiley are absolutely prophetic? :rndh:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
we dont need to go down this road again. The whole world believed the intelligence that us and Britain had, and it pointed to Saddam having WMD's
That's impossible. You can't have intelligence showing that Saddam had WMD's, because he never did. It is well known that your intelligence was fake.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We gave them those weapons during the Iran-Iraq war. Then he used them against his own people and used them up, I think.

Great foreign policy! God we're retarded...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
We gave them those weapons during the Iran-Iraq war. Then he used them against his own people and used them up, I think.
have we al become experst on Saddam's weapons stockpiles ?

from what I've read, we didnt even give him those weapons, rather the Soviets did

and that means he had em in 2003 how?
maybe he didnt use them all ??

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
or maybe he did use some and the rest got destroyed after 14 years of inspection, the reason Saddam tried to stop the inspectors(hinting he might be hiding something) every now and then was to leverage his position with the US in case they considered attacking him(and he was right). It's really easy this war had zilch to do with wmd's or terrorism; so once again one ought to celebrate and support this war only if they re on one of the profiteers' books getting weekly paychecks otherwise Vin the money this administration took from us to finance their little project far surpasses any democratic fiscal policy.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Saddam got all that good stuff from the US and after he was no longer needed (post Iran-Iraq war) he was lured into invading Kuwait so that he could be disposed of the weapons, to put a stop to the export of armaments (from the US and the UK), and to cease their nuclear program because you can't have two Israel's in the Middle East.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

from what I've read, we didnt even give him those weapons, rather the Soviets did
You're sources are mislead. The majority of Saddam's backing came from the US. Sure a lot of the weapons he purchased were Soviet, as the arms market has been flooded with them for some time. The fact of the matter is that Saddam received much financial backing from the US.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Come on, this is absurd. The Iraq war was all about oil and any sane person knows that. Cheney still owns a portion of Halliburton.

The fact we still have to argue these points is pretty sad.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Come on, this is absurd. The Iraq war was all about oil and any sane person knows that. Cheney still owns a portion of Halliburton.

The fact we still have to argue these points is pretty sad.
Now way any American company would want to profit off the lives of Americans.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Should follow the money. The US economy is what trillions in debt? And this is largely because of Iraq. What do we know? Money doesn't disappear, it changes hands. So if you're fighting a big war the money would fill the pockets ooooof... arms dealers? There's also been all kinds of reports about astronomic waste in Iraq. Oh, some expensive equipment broke? Order another one. Arms dealer gets paid, payment comes out of the national budget (Vinman's taxes). Therefore you'd spend as much money as humanely possible on "war", cut a deal with the profiteer, sit back and count the bills.

I'd be kicking myself for not getting in on the action if not for certain moral misgivings.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

"Greetings, Mr. Rumsfeld. Is that enriched Uranium or just a hand buzzer?"

Hey, it works for Chinese businessmen making baby formula. How could you say a line like that could never be crossed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)