US Army Sergeant Goes Berserk (3 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the american public i think is torn between denouncing the atrocities(most glaring one: illegal wars) and the de-facto inherent lauding of the troops for their 'sacrifice'. But at some point, there needs to be an acknowledgment, regardless of how noble altruistic and honorbale is these men's service, they're neither protecting freedom nor making this country safer.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
WΏΏdy;3565341 said:
Good. They deserve worse than that. Even if its an british,american or indian troops who go to war when it is not justified.
With a voluntary army, that's an easier decision to make. Much less so with consignment. Not everybody wants to die in the FSA.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
the american public i think is torn between denouncing the atrocities(most glaring one: illegal wars) and the de-facto inherent lauding of the troops for their 'sacrifice'. But at some point, there needs to be an acknowledgment, regardless of how noble altruistic and honorbale is these men's service, they're neither protecting freedom nor making this country safer.
The "I'm more patriotic than you" deck measuring contest keeps us from important discussions like that.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Circumstance primarily. I grew up in a military family. I have friends in the military, family in the military. If I were in the military I'd probably have Born To Kill written on my helmet next to a peace sign.

It's not like I'm overly in favor of one or the other. In fact, I'm actually pretty conflicted on the issue.
Pretty sure you wouldnt have been conflicted if u didnt have family in the army. That sadly makes you a hypocrite regarding this issue :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3565361 said:
Pretty sure you wouldnt have been conflicted if u didnt have family in the army. That sadly makes you a hypocrite regarding this issue :D
My hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'm conflicted on many other issues. Which is good because I tend to think about them before I come up with an opinion. Not many do that anymore. Thought has become an lost art.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
With a voluntary army, that's an easier decision to make. Much less so with consignment. Not everybody wants to die in the FSA.
I dont understand what you mean by FSA.

Like i said, even if u dont want to go to war and still end up going in order to avoid whatever punishment you might get back home if does not justify anything. Saving your ass at the expanse of some other nation and families is sick and they deserve to die as well.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The "I'm more patriotic than you" deck measuring contest keeps us from important discussions like that.
bingo

WΏΏdy;3565361 said:
thats not accurate at all, like i said above, the vast majority of americans face the very same conflict because this is not openly addressed.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 10:48 ----------

My hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'm conflicted on many other issues. Which is good because I tend to think about them before I come up with an opinion. Not many do that anymore. Thought has become an lost art.
or maybe you just too wise for us fools

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3565370 said:

Like i said, even if u dont want to go to war and still end up going in order to avoid whatever punishment you might get back home if does not justify anything. Saving your ass at the expanse of some other nation and families is sick and they deserve to die as well.
Some people just want to serve their communities. Like joining the National Guard (supposed to be for domestic protection only) and ended up getting sent to war as well.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
But to label all army activity as unjustified is a pretty broad brush, Woody.
I have seen army helping out in floods, i have seen them building bridges to help out tribals, i have seen them restore peace during communal rights. I made it clear i have nothing against troops like this. I am just against the peeps heading to war in vietnam or afghanistan or iraq. I have been to vietnam, i spend weeks there listening to the tales of the war from old peeps missing a leg or an arm.

I have met vietnam army vets (americans) in beijing during my internship, they way they talked about how "we killed those bloody chinks" and enjoyed it, their racism knew no bounds. But a couple of them did pay for it right in front of my eyes and my boss back then helped them become miserable. Not among the ethics of a doctor but i enjoyed it, i wont go into the details of what my boss did (for obvious reasons) :D but that was justice served.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
WΏΏdy;3565392 said:
I have seen army helping out in floods, i have seen them building bridges to help out tribals, i have seen them restore peace during communal rights. I made it clear i have nothing against troops like this. I am just against the peeps heading to war in vietnam or afghanistan or iraq. I have been to vietnam, i spend weeks there listening to the tales of the war from old peeps missing a leg or an arm.
That. Choice. Isn't. Theirs. To. MAKE

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
WΏΏdy;3565370 said:
The Free Syrian Army. Where you decide your government is morally wrong so you organize and start shooting back.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
thats not accurate at all, like i said above, the vast majority of americans face the very same conflict because this is not openly addressed.

Its not a very complicated issue you know.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 21:32 ----------

That. Choice. Isn't. Theirs. To. MAKE
also most are recruited at a very young age, mostly insulated in their neighborhoods or small towns. their choice is hardly a 'choice'
Some people just want to serve their communities. Like joining the National Guard (supposed to be for domestic protection only) and ended up getting sent to war as well.

I think i mention this every second post but here goes again. What happens if they refuse to go to war and kill innocent people? they get fine? jail time? so its better to skip the jail time and instead head to war?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3565401 said:
Its not a very complicated issue you know.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 21:32 ----------

I think i mention this every second post but here goes again. What happens if they refuse to go to war and kill innocent people? they get fine? jail time? so its better to skip the jail time and instead head to war?
In war time... Death.

Also, you have to remember that you don't go to war intending to killing civilians. Usually the objective is to kill the other militants and win the hearts and minds of those civilians. They tend to turn against you less when you don't kill them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)