US Army Sergeant Goes Berserk (6 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
[/COLOR]

Is joining a militia the best option though? That seems like you are assuming a lot there.
Have you ever been to poverty rigged war torn nation? When you lose you family and all your money, even your nation then yes, militia is the ONLY option for them. What do you want them to do? sit in their homes and mourn while they wait for the next attack?

Well what I was trying to say is that a lot of these people don't have other options. This is for their own benefit not out of some sense of loyalty to the government.
Yep. that makes it a perfect argument to go invade a country :agree:

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #123
    A lot of people in America join the military because it really is the best option for them after high school. It gives them structure, an income, and keeps them off the streets. Military recruitment depends upon the disadvantaged and uneducated.

Well, living where I live, I can't say that I know a single person who would defend the wars in the middle East.
    Well what I was trying to say is that a lot of these people don't have other options. This is for their own benefit not out of some sense of loyalty to the government.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 09:54 ----------

Is joining a militia the best option though? That seems like you are assuming a lot there.

Do you really not see how the bolded and italic parts are contradictory?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    WΏΏdy;3565536 said:
    Yep. that makes it a perfect argument to go invade a country :agree:
    It has nothing to do with invading a country. The fact that you can't see that is your own problem.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 10:05 ----------

Do you really not see how the bolded and italic parts are contradictory?
    I don't. For a lot of underpriveleged people the military is the best option.

The government sees that, they take advantage of it. That doesn't mean it's still not a good option for a lot of these people.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Man, read my posts again and notice who i said would defend the wars, you live in California for fucks sake :D
    Most of the guys I know who were there don't believe the wars were justified. Except maybe Afghanistan, in the beginning.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #130
    It has nothing to do with invading a country. The fact that you can't see that is your own problem.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 10:05 ----------

I don't. For a lot of underpriveleged people the military is the best option.

The government sees that, they take advantage of it. That doesn't mean it's still not a good option for a lot of these people.
    Thats what i'm saying, if that is your line of thinking, then is it not the same for a teenager in some underprivileged village in some mountainous region in Afghanistan, in fact its an understatement to say its the same, its much worse and he has less of a choice than an American who chooses to serve in the army and then gets sent to a place like Iraq or Afghanistan. So if your going to use that argument, then you should be consistent and use the same argument for suicide bombers in radical groups.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #133
    Most of the guys I know who were there don't believe the wars were justified. Except maybe Afghanistan, in the beginning.
    I was saying that Republicans, Tea party members and those kind of people, the kind of people who listen to O Reilly, Limbaugh and vote for maniacs like Bush and McCain, those people think the wars are justified. Even though like Kyle said before, most Americans by now know the government lied to them and that the wars were unjustified.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Thats what i'm saying, if that is your line of thinking, then is it not the same for a teenager in some underprivileged village in some mountainous region in Afghanistan, in fact its an understatement to say its the same, its much worse and he has less of a choice than an American who chooses to serve in the army and then gets sent to a place like Iraq or Afghanistan. So if your going to use that argument, then you should be consistent and use the same argument for suicide bombers in radical groups.
    We've already had the same discussion. Suicide bombers and ritualistic civilian killers are both cunts. They meet their ends through different means.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I was saying that Republicans, Tea party members and those kind of people, the kind of people who listen to O Reilly, Limbaugh and vote for maniacs like Bush and McCain, those people think the wars are justified. Even though like Kyle said before, most Americans by now know the government lied to them and that the wars were unjustified.
    Yeah, that's true. But how much of that thinking makes up what percentage of the nation is debatable. Especially, when our own military leaders seem to think it's time we pulled back.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    If I remember correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong, Hamas offer economical support to the family of people who die for the cause. Now, someone convince me that an offer of

1. Ending your own misery, living in the Gaza strip like a piece of cattle
    2. Ensure your family's well being to some extent

Isn't easier to justify than a guy who grew up in the projects and got talked into joining the army as an easier exit than getting a 5$ / hour job or taking a student loan if that's the case. I know I'm grossly generalizing here, but I'm just following the trend in this thread.

OP
    Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #138
    If I remember correctly, please correct me if I'm wrong, Hamas offer economical support to the family of people who die for the cause. Now, someone convince me that an offer of

1. Ending your own misery, living in the Gaza strip like a piece of cattle
    2. Ensure your family's well being to some extent

Isn't easier to justify than a guy who grew up in the projects and got talked into joining the army as an easier exit than getting a 5$ / hour job or taking a student loan if that's the case. I know I'm grossly generalizing here, but I'm just following the trend in this thread.
    They do.

Its not a form of convincing people to actually do operations, more like just giving them assurances that their family will be taken care of when they're gone. Hamas also offers the same kind of economic support to the families of its members that are jailed by the occupation, and those who suffer disabilities as a result of being in the occupation's jails.

I know its not the point your intending to make, and i know its not relevant but i just want to add, that i don't think Hamas is comparable in any way to Taliban, Al Qaeda or any of those radical terrorist groups, despite Western media trying very hard to portray them as terrorists (though thats a story for another day)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)