US Army Sergeant Goes Berserk (5 Viewers)

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I know :D I just want them ALL to end up that way.

Actually scrap that idea, I don't want them dead anymore. I want them to snap and get a mental illness and live a long life with that, all of them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
They're just pawns who can't otherwise get jobs and do it for low salaries though.

Not all, of course, but a good number of them.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
That's kinda obvious but that is no reason to take up a job to go kill people in some other country. They chose that profession and for that they deserve no respect or mercy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3564358 said:
I know :D I just want them ALL to end up that way.

Actually scrap that idea, I don't want them dead anymore. I want them to snap and get a mental illness and live a long life with that, all of them.
A bunch of my friends are soldiers or ex soldiers and most are pretty good guys. Though 3 or 4 are bat shit crazy and capable of some sort of rampage.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
A bunch of my friends are soldiers or ex soldiers and most are pretty good guys. Though 3 or 4 are bat shit crazy and capable of some sort of rampage.
I admit that there might be soilders who are good guys but if they did go to war in afghanistan or iraq then they deserve the same fucked up painfull life . I mean what excuse do they have for that? just doing their job? That does not make it right even if u are a good guy.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3564428 said:
I admit that there might be soilders who are good guys but if they did go to war in afghanistan or iraq then they deserve the same fucked up painfull life . I mean what excuse do they have for that? just doing their job? That does not make it right even if u are a good guy.
You're pretty ignorant to the concept of soldiering. But anyway, killing is never justified. Even if it is your job.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
You're pretty ignorant to the concept of soldiering. But anyway, killing is never justified. Even if it is your job.
I may be, so explain it to me :)

Also i think you got me wrong. I'm not wishing death on every american soilder, just those who went to war. Don't tell me any of those wars were justified.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
WΏΏdy;3564444 said:
I may be, so explain it to me :)

Also i think you got me wrong. I'm not wishing death on every american soilder, just those who went to war. Don't tell me any of those wars were justified.
The whole, "people signed up to go to war" thing. That doesn't exist in our military.

You don't get to pick whether you go to Iraq, Afghanistan, or a Florida. You join and they send you where you're needed. Only the Army and Coast Guard have a guaranteed job selection (meaning you get to choose what you do) and even so you may still be a radio operator assigned to an infantry unit (which means people will be shooting at you).

Some guys are lucky and really good at what they do and can get assigned non-combat positions, but those are few.
A friend of mine is an aviation electrician and was assigned to a special ops support wing and got to go to England, Germany, Japan. I had another friend who was a Marine and asked to be assigned to logistics (what he did in school) but got put into the infantry, did four tours, got wounded four times before getting a medical discharge. So things are very much a lottery.

So by joining the military, you are in some way "going to war". The guys that really want to kill people and guys like the fellow from the article deserve everything the get and more. But it's a little more complicated than most would believe.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yep, most people join the military as a way to get an education or have a way to get money after high school's over. Serving your country's a lot better than having a deadbeat job that leads nowhere for some. Plus, you develop a lot of skills that help in the workforce once you're done.

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    I care very little about the mental state of this soldier, he killed 15 civilians, most of them innocent kids, as far as i'm concerned he should be hanged to death in Afghanistan. But they're just going to play this he's mentally ill card and try and make him a victim someway, i wish him a very slow and painful death, the fucking sadistic bastard.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I care very little about the mental state of this soldier, he killed 15 civilians, most of them innocent kids, as far as i'm concerned he should be hanged to death in Afghanistan. But they're just going to play this he's mentally ill card and try and make him a victim someway, i wish him a very slow and painful death, the fucking sadistic bastard.
    He'll be tried in military court which is a good thing.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The whole, "people signed up to go to war" thing. That doesn't exist in our military.

You don't get to pick whether you go to Iraq, Afghanistan, or a Florida. You join and they send you where you're needed. Only the Army and Coast Guard have a guaranteed job selection (meaning you get to choose what you do) and even so you may still be a radio operator assigned to an infantry unit (which means people will be shooting at you).

Some guys are lucky and really good at what they do and can get assigned non-combat positions, but those are few.
    A friend of mine is an aviation electrician and was assigned to a special ops support wing and got to go to England, Germany, Japan. I had another friend who was a Marine and asked to be assigned to logistics (what he did in school) but got put into the infantry, did four tours, got wounded four times before getting a medical discharge. So things are very much a lottery.

So by joining the military, you are in some way "going to war". The guys that really want to kill people and guys like the fellow from the article deserve everything the get and more. But it's a little more complicated than most would believe.
    All you've said there is that individuals aren't able to take advantage of the military to let's say further their own personal goals in the event that they're psychopaths. Or at least not deliberately.

But the military still takes advantage of the individual to further its own goals, so what's the difference? It's actually worse, it's institutional. Let's not forget they're not training doctors.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    All you've said there is that individuals aren't able to take advantage of the military to let's say further their own personal goals in the event that they're psychopaths. Or at least not deliberately.

But the military still takes advantage of the individual to further its own goals, so what's the difference? It's actually worse, it's institutional. Let's not forget they're not training doctors.
    I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.

However, it's the military Martin. It does bad things and some good things. I know people that are perfectly fine human beings that came out and others I wouldn't go into the woods with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)