US Army Sergeant Goes Berserk (4 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Considering that twice as many U.S. soldiers died of suicides after they got home than died in battle, military is gonna do something to your head too.

OP
Fred

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #46
    do we afford the same excuses/considerations for say a suicide bomber/terrorist whose whole life can be summed up as one long ass psychosis episode?
    Exactly. Good point.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    do we afford the same excuses/considerations for say a suicide bomber/terrorist whose whole life can be summed up as one long ass psychosis episode?
    They're pretty much the same as the guy who shoots 16 civilians.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    They're pretty much the same as the guy who shoots 16 civilians.
    The only difference being is that he signed up, knowing that military action is a possibility as opposed to the suicide bomber who most likely grew up in circumstances far beyond his own choice. Not that I'm defending the act of taking life in any way, they're just two different situations.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    The only difference being is that he signed up, knowing that military action is a possibility as opposed to the suicide bomber who most likely grew up in circumstances far beyond his own choice. Not that I'm defending the act of taking life in any way, they're just two different situations.
    There are people who grew up in the same circumstances are your suicide bomber, yet don't feel the need to strap in and go boom. Blowing yourself up is a choice. So is the process that leads up to it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    There are people who grew up in the same circumstances are your suicide bomber, yet don't feel the need to strap in and go boom. Blowing yourself up is a choice. So is the process that leads up to it.
    Please don't try and make the point that the USA has a propaganda system which is as effective at instilling values and thoughts in children from an early age, as some of the illiterate provinces in the middle east have through the religious schools and massive propaganda spread by the few literate members of society there.

Born in McShit Project in USA it certainly brings disadvantages with it - but it's always your choice to sign up for the military. They offer a viable way out economically, and many take the easy route and just sign up.
    Born in 1960-1990 in Afghanistan. You live in a society which is bombed to shreds. You have absolutely no support from the state (granted, it's very limited in the USA but lets not make the comparison). If you're born in the 60's you're being bombed to shits by the Soviets in your teens, and you join the mujehadeen to fight the invasion. If you're born later, you're born into a society which has religious dumbfucks running it, you won't learn how to read or write. You have no exit.

To blow yourself up is a choice, but please let's not compare the background of the people in the US military and suicide bombers in Afghanistan.

The Hamas even pay for your family and take care of them if your martyr yourself. If that was the only exit, i'd blow myself to pieces, too.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 15:14 ----------

It is not. It's a very valid point.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    WΏΏdy;3564295 said:
    Fuck the US govt and each and every member of their troops including every women in their family. I hope they go back home, snap and shoot themselves and their army comrades.
    :sergio:

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Please don't try and make the point that the USA has a propaganda system which is as effective at instilling values and thoughts in children from an early age, as some of the illiterate provinces in the middle east have through the religious schools and massive propaganda spread by the few literate members of society there.

Born in McShit Project in USA it certainly brings disadvantages with it - but it's always your choice to sign up for the military. They offer a viable way out economically, and many take the easy route and just sign up.
    Born in 1960-1990 in Afghanistan. You live in a society which is bombed to shreds. You have absolutely no support from the state (granted, it's very limited in the USA but lets not make the comparison). If you're born in the 60's you're being bombed to shits by the Soviets in your teens, and you join the mujehadeen to fight the invasion. If you're born later, you're born into a society which has religious dumbfucks running it, you won't learn how to read or write. You have no exit.

To blow yourself up is a choice, but please let's not compare the background of the people in the US military and suicide bombers in Afghanistan.

The Hamas even pay for your family and take care of them if your martyr yourself. If that was the only exit, i'd blow myself to pieces, too.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 15:14 ----------

It is not. It's a very valid point.
    It's still based on choice. So what if it's easier to become a murderer in one place than it is in another. Now you have even more choice, with the whole new country, new government thing.

---------- Post added 13.03.2012 at 12:55 ----------

Ok, glad we cleared that up.
    I don't even know what we're arguing anymore. If we're trying to argue about with group of assholes is more compassionate, then I think we've made the point already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)