Top 5 actors that you've SEEN (6 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
so...what he is the most popular actor of all time,does not make him the greatest

just my 2 cents, i get what you mean salman i really do its just in my opinion he has always literally played jack in every film.
You can say the exact same thing about Bobby DeNiro and Al Pacinio. While the two are good, there isn't much range between them.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Daniel Day Lewis(has made 10 movies total, 3 Oscar Noms. phenomenal in last 3 films, need I say more)
Bill Murray (probably has the best range, next to J Depp)
John Tuturo (name a good movie, he's in it)
George Clooney(lots of range, Roseanne, can direct and write as well)
Ian McKellan(can't dispute, he's what Peter O'Toole could have been)

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
You can say the exact same thing about Bobby DeNiro and Al Pacinio. While the two are good, there isn't much range between them.
i dunno mate, in the late 70's -80's both de niro and pacino made some incredible movies with excellent performances. de niro played travis bickle,don corleone,jake lamotta and madse each role his own...to say he has no range is blasphemous

Daniel Day Lewis(has made 10 movies total, 3 Oscar Noms. phenomenal in last 3 films, need I say more)
Bill Murray (probably has the best range, next to J Depp)
John Tuturo (name a good movie, he's in it)
George Clooney(lots of range, Roseanne, can direct and write as well)
Ian McKellan(can't dispute, he's what Peter O'Toole could have been)
good list though aaron,day lewis is the bomb i agree and you obviously have put some thought into this. not my top 5 but some top taleny there.
oh and torturo was superb in o brother where art though

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
  • Marlon Brando - How he carried some of the subtleties of his scenes... Watching "The Young Lions" recently, you can see where he was influencing the director and not the other way around
  • Peter Sellers - Not just his comedic work. But watch how his maniacal improvisation in "Lolita" will blow you away.
  • Ben Kingsley - Both the lead role of "Gandhi" and Don Bass in "Sexy Beast"? Holy crap...
  • Sean Penn - Perhaps the most intensely focused actor, with one of the greatest acting ranges, going today
  • Philip Seymour Hoffman - Too many astounding supporting roles to name, and killer lead roles too

Honorable mention?:
  • Benecio del Toro - This one is more a sentimental favorite. Not a lot of range here, but what he plays he plays so well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)