Top 5 actors that you've SEEN (12 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
am not gonna slag you off leo is a good actor, alongside brad pitt,johnny depp and edward norton. but none of these guys has a volume of work that stands up to the truly greats yet.
I fail to see the use of this thread if one isn't allowed to chose from more than those names that have already been mentioned by everyone.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I fail to see the use of this thread if one isn't allowed to chose from more than those names that have already been mentioned by everyone.
bacause its opinion and i am not slagging off his choices, i am simply saying that for me depp,di caprio,etc do not have a volume of work taht stands up to comparison to the truly greats (IMO). anyone who knows me will know that i am a supermassive fan of edward norton and i think in 10 years time i may add him to teh tlist but at the moment he does not have the volume of work comparable to kingsley,de niro,pacino,etc...

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
do you buy books judging by their cover as well?
I said I'd go see a movie just because these guys were in it, I didn't say that movie is good, given. Scarface was shit, but Pacino made it more than watchable, don't you think?
So "judging a book by cover" comparison doesn't fit in here, a great acting performance can and does make a movie enjoyable.
nah Di Caprio is great, but Alec Baldwin? that is the gayness!!
Talking out of your brainwashed ass again.

I wouldnt put Baldwin in the top 5, but he's a great supporting actor like Elvino said, he was fantastic in Brooklyn Rules and in that movie with Bruce Willis(cant remember the name)
Word.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I said I'd go see a movie just because these guys were in it, I didn't say that movie is good, given. Scarface was shit, but Pacino made it more than watchable, don't you think?
So "judging a book by cover" comparison doesn't fit in here, a great acting performance can and does make a movie enjoyable..
oh i do agree, for me scarface was a watchable movie made great by the superb peformance of pacino. but iw ould not be tempted to go see a movie simply because anyone is in it, i still have to be tempted by the storyline

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
bacause its opinion and i am not slagging off his choices, i am simply saying that for me depp,di caprio,etc do not have a volume of work taht stands up to comparison to the truly greats (IMO). anyone who knows me will know that i am a supermassive fan of edward norton and i think in 10 years time i may add him to teh tlist but at the moment he does not have the volume of work comparable to kingsley,de niro,pacino,etc...
At first it looked to me like you were saying he was wrong when infact it is his opinion and it can't be right or wrong. But I see now what you were actually saying, so fair enough.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
At first it looked to me like you were saying he was wrong when infact it is his opinion and it can't be right or wrong. But I see now what you were actually saying, so fair enough.
its all good man, i would not bash someone for their opinion. i know that most folk would not have seen some of the guys i like,especially alec guiness. for example richard harris was just outside it for me,russel crowe battered a man at an awards ceremony for editing out the tribute crowe paid to him(that is how highly he thought of richard harris)
at the end of the day no list is wrong, it is a matetr of opinion, i simply hope that some folk will see names on these lists and then look out soem of their films to judge for themselves just how good they are/were

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
coming to think of it i am very surpised nobody(myself included) has added daniel day lewis to their list, the man is an acting monster and i may change my no.5 to him. his acting credentials are impecible-my left foot,in the name of the father,the last of the mohicans,gangs of new york and now there will be blood. living legend

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
So "judging a book by cover" comparison doesn't fit in here, a great acting performance can and does make a movie enjoyable.

Talking out of your brainwashed ass again.

Word.
I pissed you off again :seven:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Harvey Keitel is great as is Kevin Spacey, Robert Duvall, all three amazing actors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)