Top 5 actors that you've SEEN (1 Viewer)

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Lets keep it to actors who've been in English movies.Ofcourse,its all really subjective and comparing actors is hard,but what would your top 5 list look like,in order?Remember,here we're talking about who's the best actor,not who you like best.

Ive made a prediction as to who will be number one on most people's list,but ill mention that some time later.

Personally,ill go with the following list(From the actors that ive seen) :

1.Jack Nicholson
2.Marlon Brando
3.Robert De Niro
4.Michael Caine
5.Al Pacino

I havent seen any stuff by Paul Newman,Humphrey Bogart etc.So thats why i cant really put them in my list.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

1. Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson (I just can't decide)
2. Sean William Scott
3. Vince Vaughn
4. Josh Hartnett :heart:
5. Jason Priestly

Sorry, I had to.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It's hard to pick my top, probably will forget some one, but my top 4 is, randomly:
1- Jack Nicholson
2-Robert De Niro
3-Micheal Caine
4- Anthony Hopkins

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Seriously, I think Nicholson is great but to put him in #1 is just wrong. Brando and or Ben Kingsley plus the usual Pacino and or De Niro, are the obvious #1's and for a reason IMO. Putting Nicholson on #1 is just wanting to be different without getting too much crap, cause at the end of the day Nicholson is a fabulous actor. Well tough luck, you'll get crap from me. :p
Where's the octogenarian? :confused2
Hey, don't hate the playa, hate the game. :cool:

OP
HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    Pacino doesnt deserve the number one spot IMO.His influence is undenieable,but Nicholson and De Niro are in a different league.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    1. De Niro-anyone who has seen films like taxi driver,raging bull,the deer hunter and his superb turn in the godfather cannot fail to love this man, a huge talent and in my view, the greatest cinema actor of all time.

2. Al Pacino- like de niro the late 70's and early 80's seen the two produce some of teh finest acting performances of all time. the godfather,dog day afternoon, serpico and his star turn in scarface are not detracted to the huge overacting he resorts to nowadays

3.Sir Ben Kingsley- any man who can play ghandi and then do a superb psycho role in sexy beast is a winner with me

4.Marlon Brando-would probably be higher up my list if i ahd seen more of his films, as don corleone he was electric but he had already semented his place in history with films such as the wild one and mutiny on the bounty

5.Sir Alec Guiness-most of his legend is on stage, where i never had the pleasure to see him but he was simply tremendous in evry film role i ever seen him in from the ladykillers to playing ben kenobe

richard harris,sir lawrence olivier,oliver reed and peter o toole are all actors that deserve recognition as well.

i would not choose jack nicholson simply because jack always plays jack, in every film and i would not choose anthony hopkins because for every great role(hannibal lector in silence of the lambs) there is 3 terrible roles(hannibal lector in every other of the films)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    1. Al Pacino
    2. Johnny Depp
    3. Robert De Niro
    4. Leonardo DiCaprio (go ahead throw the gay jokes, El's here aaall night :D)
    5. Alec Baldwin (all time greatest supporting actor)

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    am not gonna slag you off leo is a good actor, alongside brad pitt,johnny depp and edward norton. but none of these guys has a volume of work that stands up to the truly greats yet.

by the way salman great thread

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Another great supporting actor is David Morse, i really like that guy... he masters the CIA\ FBI agent role so much.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I wouldnt put Baldwin in the top 5, but he's a great supporting actor like Elvino said, he was fantastic in Brooklyn Rules and in that movie with Bruce Willis(cant remember the name)

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

1. De Niro-anyone who has seen films like taxi driver,raging bull,the deer hunter and his superb turn in the godfather cannot fail to love this man, a huge talent and in my view, the greatest cinema actor of all time.

2. Al Pacino- like de niro the late 70's and early 80's seen the two produce some of teh finest acting performances of all time. the godfather,dog day afternoon, serpico and his star turn in scarface are not detracted to the huge overacting he resorts to nowadays

3.Sir Ben Kingsley- any man who can play ghandi and then do a superb psycho role in sexy beast is a winner with me

4.Marlon Brando-would probably be higher up my list if i ahd seen more of his films, as don corleone he was electric but he had already semented his place in history with films such as the wild one and mutiny on the bounty

5.Sir Alec Guiness-most of his legend is on stage, where i never had the pleasure to see him but he was simply tremendous in evry film role i ever seen him in from the ladykillers to playing ben kenobe

richard harris,sir lawrence olivier,oliver reed and peter o toole are all actors that deserve recognition as well.

i would not choose jack nicholson simply because jack always plays jack, in every film and i would not choose anthony hopkins because for every great role(hannibal lector in silence of the lambs) there is 3 terrible roles(hannibal lector in every other of the films)
    I didn't have the time but I knew someone would do this for me, exactly what I meant with my Jack not worthy of the #1 spot. I agree with with the top 4 spot though #5 for me is Paul Newman.

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I wouldnt put Baldwin in the top 5, but he's a great supporting actor like Elvino said, he was fantastic in Brooklyn Rules and in that movie with Bruce Willis(cant remember the name)
    aye but he is awful in lead roles...the shadow anybody?:pumpkin:

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
    I didn't have the time but I knew someone would do this for me, exactly what I meant with my Jack not worthy of the #1 spot. I agree with with the top 4 spot though #5 for me is Paul Newman.
    well i love paul newman(forgot to put him in my honoroubale mentions list along with steve mcqueen) cool hand luke, the hustler,etc he is a tremendous actor but i grew up watching a lot of old movies and seena lot of alec guiness as a child and all i can say id he was a sublime actor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)