Top 5 actors that you've SEEN (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I saw part of it and its solid. Everyone I know loved it. But I heard There Will Be Blood was better. Im glad the indie films got love this year.
I must add that to my list then. The Will Be Blood was awesome, a bit long but very good nonetheless :tup: Daniel Day Lewis is brilliant, and I never talk like that :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Who do you guys think are the best supporting actors right now, i mean we all know the best actors are the usual Al Pacino, Nicholson, De Niro etc....But who are your favourite supporting actors??

For me they have to be Christopher Walken and David Morse, both are very versatile and master almost any role they take.
the last 10 years or so michael caine has been very good in supporting roles

De Niro was playing down on their luck Italian guys. Granted Taxi Driver is one of my favorites, as its his only film outside his comfort zone. Except that one that came out last year where he played a space pirate or something and that doesn't count.
the deer hunter-a traumatised vietnam vet.
taxi driver-a complete nutjob ut of touch with reality:crazy:
raging bull-a self-destructing heavyweight boxer
the godfather part II-a very cool don corleone
cape fear-vengeful ex-con terrorising a family
angel heart-the devil
sleepers-a priest who tries to help the unfortunate kids
i could go on and on-the mission,midnight run,goodfellas....the man has incredible range,has played a variety of roles and excelled. sure nowadays there are not as many good roles for a man his age but his performances are usually top notch

Actually you can. They are called Character Actors, like Steve Buscemi, John Tuturro and John C. Reilly. They play small rolls all their careers but some of them are the bomb.
now i can agree with this:weee: buscemi and torturo are excellent actors

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
the last 10 years or so michael caine has been very good in supporting roles

the deer hunter-a traumatised vietnam vet.
taxi driver-a complete nutjob ut of touch with reality:crazy:
raging bull-a self-destructing heavyweight boxer
the godfather part II-a very cool don corleone
cape fear-vengeful ex-con terrorising a family
angel heart-the devil
sleepers-a priest who tries to help the unfortunate kids
i could go on and on-the mission,midnight run,goodfellas....the man has incredible range,has played a variety of roles and excelled. sure nowadays there are not as many good roles for a man his age but his performances are usually top notch

now i can agree with this:weee: buscemi and torturo are excellent actors
You left out Brazil where he plays Tuttle.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ok people another question..

What are the top 5 movies you ever watched??.

Heres my list in no particular order

The Godfather Trilogy.
Donnie Brasco
JFK
The Usual Suspects
Lion Of The Desert (I am completely biased in this one)

If i had to choose my favorite it would definitely be Lion Of The Desert for obvious reasons of course..I could watch that movie three times a week and not get bored of it :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hard one

The Usual Suspects is definately no1 for me, could be any from....
The Godfather
Star Wars (original trilogy)
Fight Club

dunno mate

best actress you have seen?
meryl streep or angela basset

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Maura Tierney isnt bad.

Btw, if anyone includes the Bourne Series in his favourite movies, he will officially be relegated to my ignore list :D

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

:agree: not as an actress mind, i just have "thing" for her
I think she's pretty solid at acting as well, "I Am Sam", "Frankie & Johnny", "Batman Returns" are all top notch performances IMO.

But it's mostly just having a thing for her, yeah. :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I think she's pretty solid at acting as well, "I Am Sam", "Frankie & Johnny", "Batman Returns" are all top notch performances IMO.

But it's mostly just having a thing for her, yeah. :D
yeah she is a good actress but nowhere near the level of angela basset or meryl streep(the real standard bearer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)