The Wire (6 Viewers)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Best ever definitely, though S2 was the worst for me. A really slow pace. After that it just got better and better.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
SPOILERS

Who here is satisfied how our favourite homo ended up? It sucked while I was watching it, but when it all finished up, I was kinda glad because now I can't hope for spin-off following Omar or something. :D I like shows that have an end and don't go for too long, only to get lost in their own plot(ie Lost, Heroes, Prison Break and other commercial crap). It's also think it's cool that Michael carried the torch, he was a pretty good character, I wish they worked on him a little more and less on Naymond.

Also felt it would have been better had Marlo been shot down by those two punks in the street at the end. I appreciate the irony in which he ended up how Stringer always wanted to, but feel it would have suited him more to die from the game, on the street, right then and there.
nah marlow actually is being drawn into the exact same way that Stringer was,he is being set up to be fleeced of all his money. Michael is the natural heir to Omar
a new drug empire will spring up
people will keep on killing,cops will keep on listening and trying to make big gains but having the rug pulled under from them

basically the whole show went full circle,just with different player.
the game never changes,the game never ends,no matter if you are a corrupt government official or a hood on the streets

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

nah marlow actually is being drawn into the exact same way that Stringer was,he is being set up to be fleeced of all his money. Michael is the natural heir to Omar
a new drug empire will spring up
people will keep on killing,cops will keep on listening and trying to make big gains but having the rug pulled under from them

basically the whole show went full circle,just with different player.
the game never changes,the game never ends,no matter if you are a corrupt government official or a hood on the streets
I know, but Marlo was a thug, he was never interested in the "business" side which was something Stringer hoped/worked for all along. His punishment was the fact he couldn't go back to drug dealing(that was part of his release) so he was introduced to businessmen and contractors beacause he had the money from his drug dealing. Marlo is lost in that world, that was something Stringer longed for; to become a respected businessman. If Marlo could chose to die like Stringer did or be drawn into the business or politics, he'd choose death. That's the irony.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You are both right, but yeah been years ago, but still remember how depressing the ending was, as Bozi described, pretty endless circle of the same pattern of self-interested society feeding itself on and on. Defenitely too depressive reality, for a tv series, that are mainly geared towards entertainment.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I know, but Marlo was a thug, he was never interested in the "business" side which was something Stringer hoped/worked for all along. His punishment was the fact he couldn't go back to drug dealing(that was part of his release) so he was introduced to businessmen and contractors beacause he had the money from his drug dealing. Marlo is lost in that world, that was something Stringer longed for; to become a respected businessman. If Marlo could chose to die like Stringer did or be drawn into the business or politics, he'd choose death. That's the irony.
he was but he was introduced to them by Clay Davis,this is almost certainly how Stringer started out. Clay has spun his web and is reeling Marlow in so taht he and his friends can fleece him for millions the same way they did with Stringer. once again the cycle is complete and everybody goes back to square one.

at least this was my reading of it

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

he was but he was introduced to them by Clay Davis,this is almost certainly how Stringer started out. Clay has spun his web and is reeling Marlow in so taht he and his friends can fleece him for millions the same way they did with Stringer. once again the cycle is complete and everybody goes back to square one.

at least this was my reading of it
I'm not arguing whether they'll fleece his money, they most certainly would since he doesn't know a first thing about "real" business, even String was take for a ride. I'm merely talking about their punishments, they both got the exact thing the other one fought for.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
You want to know some freaky shit? Last night my wife and I are watching S05E06 for the first time, where they start putting a digital intercept on Marlo's calls. And they come back as random photos of clocks, right?

So this afternoon, between two emails from my wife about a half-hour apart from each other, I receive a couple of emails from a mobile phone with close-up photos of a watch at slightly different times. I think it's my wife being funny even if I don't recognize the mobile number in the emails, right? Well, it ain't her. :shifty:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Season 2 is the best season of TV i have every watched.
Not a lot of people prefer season 2, but that was my favourite as well.

You want to know some freaky shit? Last night my wife and I are watching S05E06 for the first time, where they start putting a digital intercept on Marlo's calls. And they come back as random photos of clocks, right?

So this afternoon, between two emails from my wife about a half-hour apart from each other, I receive a couple of emails from a mobile phone with close-up photos of a watch at slightly different times. I think it's my wife being funny even if I don't recognize the mobile number in the emails, right? Well, it ain't her. :shifty:
I'd say it's safe to assume that the cops are also watching you.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

Hehe that's pretty funny

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I'm not arguing whether they'll fleece his money, they most certainly would since he doesn't know a first thing about "real" business, even String was take for a ride. I'm merely talking about their punishments, they both got the exact thing the other one fought for.
aight i picked you up wrong,i thoygh you were saying Marlow is now going to take up the loife Stringer wanted now he was "in" with the businessmen,in all honesty i seen that scene and wondered how much money they would take him for and how long it would take for him to return to his violent ways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)