Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

was olivera that special :D
:D He made goals we realy need! 4!

1:0 against Fiorentina goal by Ruben
1:1 against Lazio
1:0 against Chievo

without these goals we had not the points we had at this piont in the season!
And it woulfd be harder against milan!

He is a beautiful Joker!

ciao
Forza Olivera

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It is true that Olivera gave us precious points and he was very useful at many times but he had a big problem that haunted him all season: INCONSISTENCY!!!

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
It is true that Olivera gave us precious points and he was very useful at many times but he had a big problem that haunted him all season: INCONSISTENCY!!!
thats true but I think he was the same like Emo or not? in my opinion yes!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1. My number one has to be Mauro CAMORANESI. Almost everybody thought we needed a replacement for the right winger last summer, fed up with Camoranesi's lackluster performances last season. This season under Capello he has stepped up his play and has perhaps become the best right winger in Serie A, taking over for Nedved as our best attacking midfielder. I think Camoranesi has 12 assists now in the league, second to only Milan's Kaka. Camoranesi, with his great improvement and what he has given to Juventus this year, takes my MVP for the season.

2. In a close second comes Fabio CANNAVARO. After such a terrible time at Inter Fabio came to Juventus in the summer to reunite with Buffon and Thuram from his Parma days. What a great move that was for him. Cannavaro has had an outstanding season playing next to Thuram in our back four, and I don't remember him having one bad match apart from the Reggina loss throughout the entire season. He was our best defender by far this term, and he even helped out with a couple of crucial goals.

3. Another player who could be the MVP is EMERSON. People call him overrated or say his influence in the team is limited however all that is absolute rubbish. Emerson is perhaps the one player we could not do without for much of the season because his work in midfield and way he protects the defense is crucial to our success and without him the defense seems to struggle and our midfield becomes disorganized. Emerson also had to make up for the mistakes of his various midfield partners. Without him we would not have the best defensive record in Serie A; far from it actually.

4. With his first season in Serie A Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC has made an immediate impact at Juventus, becoming probably our top forward during the season. He received a lot of criticism for the way he held up the ball for extended periods of time earlier in the season; somtimes unfairly for the opportunities he creates by holding the ball and sometimes fairly for not making the easy pass. His goals and assists this season have been crucial to our success, and he has improved greatly from his first match in a Juve shirt. And considering this was his first season in Serie A, at the early age of 22, Zlatan seems to have a very bright future ahead of him.

5. Even though Lilian THURAM made a few errors against Liverpool that cost us a place in Semifinals of the CL, he still had a very good season in central defense. Now playing in his "preferred position" next to Cannavaro in the middle of our defense Thuram has made far more crucial tackles than we can count and his decisions with the ball at his feet have saved our backline from further embarrasment. He might not be a perfect central stopper, however without his contributions this season we would not be on top of Serie A.

6. Other players such as Buffon, Del Piero, Zalayeta, Zambrotta, and Zebina have all had good seasons compared to what many think of them. All have played a part and served Juventus well.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
1. Camoranesi, best rightsided midfielder in the world at the moment and one of the league's topassisters. Camo was the one who kept our midfield and attack going this season. From one of the most inconsistent players out there, he turned himself (or with Capello's help) into one of the most consistent. Sadly he is often overlooked as a great player, especially by non-juve fans,

2. Cannavaro, Came alive after his Inter nightmare, showed the world some true defending and he gives the team that little extra.

3. Thuram, Almost inseperable from Cannavaro and Thuram performed completely opposite to the 03/04 season, which means he performed amazing.

4. Zambrotta, Not nearly as good as in 03/04, he still showed his worth by consistently performing. His importantce to this juve side is simply huge.

5. Zebina, The much underrated Zebina always performed when called upon. Especially in the first half of the season very influential through his man marking tactics and his good attacks paired with some great crosses.

Runners up:
Capello, Zalayeta and Pessotto.

Any comments :)?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
1. Canna
- biggest impact in what was perhaps our weakest point last season
2. Camo
- outstanding year only overshadowed by the fact that our defense went from one of Juve's worst in history to one of the best in Europe, and Canna (and Emo) played a big role in the change
3. Zlatan
4. Emerson
5. Buffon

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yes, I think your signature and Emerson not being included in your top five is an absolute farce.
He could be added to my runner-ups. I agree with your comments on Emerson in your top five on how he has backed our defence up this season.
He has done well this season, I simply think the players in my top five have been more influential this season than Emerson.
Overrated is a relative term, he is overrated compared to the way he is rated on this forum; While Emerson's ability and the way he helps our team out in different areas of the game is undeniable, he isn't THAT good a player as this forum thinks he is. Add to that, I thought I felt like taking a signature for a change and it's always interesting to see how people react to certain 'provocative' comments.

Emerson is not as irreplaceable as he looks. A lot of credit on keeping our midfield together this season has been credited to Emerson, while it should have been credited to Camoranesi.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That makes absolutely no sense. Camoranesi has indeed been a great player in midfield for us, especially going forward, however how is he "holding the midfield together" playing out on the right wing? Does he have as much defensive responsibility as Emerson in the center of the pitch?

Please tell me how we have done this season without the services of Emerson. Sure, we had one good match without Emerson against Lazio in Rome, but apart from that in every other match without Emerson our midfield has looked out of sorts, and we have not been able to keep a clean sheet. Even in the Lazio match our midfield was disgusting with Tacchinardi and Blasi giving the ball away; thank God Nedved was able to work a piece of magic to win us the game. If we had to field those two players instead of Emerson in midfield every match I'm sure we would not be top of Serie A, infact I bet we would finish in third place again. We would not have the best defensive record in the league and our overall play would have been much worse. Emerson does all the small things the small football minds do not notice, and if anything he's underated.

So in your opinion Zebina has been more influential than Emerson this season even though Capello can field Pessotto instead and there is absolutely no difference between the two? Zalayeta made a few crucial goals for us and made a bigger contribution than Emerson? Pessotto? If Emerson is not as irreplaceable as he looks, who is going to step in and do just as good of a job as him? Please don't tell me Appiah, Blasi, Tacchinardi, or Maresca.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
in the last games Emo was not the same as he was at the start of serie A, and in the cl-games against real and pool he was also bullshit!!
He is important no way, but he is a bit dissapointed, i think he will go to real!!

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tino ] ++
in the last games Emo was not the same as he was at the start of serie A, and in the cl-games against real and pool he was also bullshit!!
He is important no way, but he is a bit dissapointed, i think he will go to real!!
he got injured in the liverpool game,. and has been playing with it since.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
That makes absolutely no sense. Camoranesi has indeed been a great player in midfield for us, especially going forward, however how is he "holding the midfield together" playing out on the right wing? Does he have as much defensive responsibility as Emerson in the center of the pitch?
"holding the midfield together" Might not've been the best choise of words, I simply meant to say Camoranesi has been the leader of our midfield of our midfield this season, not Emerson.

Please tell me how we have done this season without the services of Emerson. Sure, we had one good match without Emerson against Lazio in Rome, but apart from that in every other match without Emerson our midfield has looked out of sorts, and we have not been able to keep a clean sheet. Even in the Lazio match our midfield was disgusting with Tacchinardi and Blasi giving the ball away; thank God Nedved was able to work a piece of magic to win us the game. If we had to field those two players instead of Emerson in midfield every match I'm sure we would not be top of Serie A, infact I bet we would finish in third place again. We would not have the best defensive record in the league and our overall play would have been much worse.
That's something I cannot answer, noone can say how we would've done if Emerson had not played all season. My point is not that we are better without Emerson, not at all. I never said Emerson is a bad player and I admitted that he helps our defence out a great deal. I'm simply stating that Emerson is a player who we'd be able to replace.

Emerson does all the small things the small football minds do not notice, and if anything he's underated.
I do not take kindly to personal insults.

How can Emerson be underrated, when he is rated so highly?

So in your opinion Zebina has been more influential than Emerson this season even though Capello can field Pessotto instead and there is absolutely no difference between the two? Zalayeta made a few crucial goals for us and made a bigger contribution than Emerson? Pessotto? If Emerson is not as irreplaceable as he looks, who is going to step in and do just as good of a job as him? Please don't tell me Appiah, Blasi, Tacchinardi, or Maresca.
I've rated Zebina in my top five as he has performed incredibly well this season, despite us expecting relatively little of him(this also applies to Zalayeta etc.). Next to Camoranesi, our best asset this season has been our defence; Zebina is part of that defence. That's also a reason why 'nominated' Pessotto, when he deputised for Zebina he made a great contribution to our already good defence. I also wrote that I'd like to include Emerson to my runner-ups.
Who'd replace Emerson? Well, that'd happen if we'd sell him, we'd only sell him for some big bucks and with those big bucks we could easily get TWO great central midfielders.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

"holding the midfield together" Might not've been the best choise of words, I simply meant to say Camoranesi has been the leader of our midfield of our midfield this season, not Emerson.
Again, perhaps Camoranesi is the leader of our midfield going forward, however who held the midfield together defensively? Who made up for the mistakes of the other midfielders around him? Who rarely gave the ball away to the opposing team and never was caught out of position?

That's something I cannot answer, noone can say how we would've done if Emerson had not played all season. My point is not that we are better without Emerson, not at all. I never said Emerson is a bad player and I admitted that he helps our defence out a great deal. I'm simply stating that Emerson is a player who we'd be able to replace.
Not with this current team, you know, what we are talking about now. Zebina, Thuram, Zambrotta, Appiah, Blasi, Tacchinardi, Kapo, Nedved, Montero, Ferrara, Pessotto, Birindelli, Zalayeta, and Buffon can all easily be "replaced" this summer. Everybody could be "replaced."

I do not take kindly to personal insults.

How can Emerson be underrated, when he is rated so highly?
That was not a dig at you my friend, however I see too many people looking over the small things that players do. Much like Albelda of Valencia, Gattuso of Milan, and every defensive midfielder that has played at Madrid in the past few years. Not all notice small things.

I've rated Zebina in my top five as he has performed incredibly well this season, despite us expecting relatively little of him(this also applies to Zalayeta etc.). Next to Camoranesi, our best asset this season has been our defence; Zebina is part of that defence. That's also a reason why 'nominated' Pessotto, when he deputised for Zebina he made a great contribution to our already good defence. I also wrote that I'd like to include Emerson to my runner-ups.
Who'd replace Emerson? Well, that'd happen if we'd sell him, we'd only sell him for some big bucks and with those big bucks we could easily get TWO great central midfielders.
You know who also made a huge contribution to the defense? His name is Emerson. Many times during the season he has had to backtrack to Zebina's right side of the pitch to help the latter out from getting owned. Sure, Zebina has had a better season than most would've thought, but is that a reason to mention him instead of player who has done more for the team and is not replaceable with our current squad? Zebina can easily be replaced by Pessotto, but what about Blasi for Emerson? Surely you see a difference, a big difference.

Sure, we can replace Emerson with Vieira or Essien, but why would we do that? That would be dumb business considering the price we would recieve for Emerson and the fact we actually don't need a replacement because he's good enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)