The top five this year (3 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Again, perhaps Camoranesi is the leader of our midfield going forward, however who held the midfield together defensively? Who made up for the mistakes of the other midfielders around him? Who rarely gave the ball away to the opposing team and never was caught out of position?
I stated several times now, Emerson does deserve the credit for his good work this season.

Not with this current team, you know, what we are talking about now. Zebina, Thuram, Zambrotta, Appiah, Blasi, Tacchinardi, Kapo, Nedved, Montero, Ferrara, Pessotto, Birindelli, Zalayeta, and Buffon can all easily be "replaced" this summer. Everybody could be "replaced."
That's right, I was not talking about 'now' though. Yes, everyone can be replaced. One harder than the other though, Replacing Zambrotta would be much harder than replacing Emerson would be.

That was not a dig at you my friend, however I see too many people looking over the small things that players do. Much like Albelda of Valencia, Gattuso of Milan, and every defensive midfielder that has played at Madrid in the past few years. Not all notice small things.
Okay, my fault for thinking you were trying to insult me, no harm done.
Funny that you mention Albelda, as I rate him as maybe the best defensive midfielder out there. Meaning that I CAN appreciate the 'small' things.

You know who also made a huge contribution to the defense? His name is Emerson. Many times during the season he has had to backtrack to Zebina's right side of the pitch to help the latter out from getting owned. Sure, Zebina has had a better season than most would've thought, but is that a reason to mention him instead of player who has done more for the team and is not replaceable with our current squad? Zebina can easily be replaced by Pessotto, but what about Blasi for Emerson? Surely you see a difference, a big difference.
Yes, Emerson did contribute to a lot to our team, especially defensively. In essence, I agree with all your points on Emerson I simply felt I had to mention the players in my top 5 before I mentioned him, due to varying reasons.

Sure, we can replace Emerson with Vieira or Essien, but why would we do that? That would be dumb business considering the price we would recieve for Emerson and the fact we actually don't need a replacement because he's good enough.
I'd prefer not to replace Emerson with Vieira. I never said we should replace Emorson, not at all. My point was, IF Emerson was to be sold, I strongly beleive we'd be able to bounce back, as we could replace him.

@Azzurri7, thanks!

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
the only thing about emerson is his two performances against Liverpool, in which he was not effective. plus the fact that he was trash talking prior to the second leg

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
the only thing about emerson is his two performances against Liverpool, in which he was not effective. plus the fact that he was trash talking prior to the second leg
to be fair to him though, he did get injured in the 1st second of the match

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
You're right about a full back generally having less influence on a team that a dmf, but Zambrotta is one of our engines and you could also call Zambrotta an ambassador of Juventus.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
dossis1986, please don't abuse the "report to a moderator" function in the future; it's meant to be used for reporting someone breaking the rules etc.

"JUVE THE BEST" doesn't constitute a good enough reason to report your own post to the moderators. Thanks

OP
dossis1986

dossis1986

May 9, 2005
  • Thread Starter #118
    gray i was trying to change the name below of my post 'ARMANDO'with something else and i didn't know exactly what was the 'report this post to a moderator'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)