The SuperPippo thread (5 Viewers)

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
I can't stand Inzaghi.
He strikes a lot of goals, I cannot deny it, but I hate him. He is a spaniel.
His goals are ridicolous. He always strikes 20 cm from the goal line. He hasn't got a strong head strike. He isn't able to kick free kicks. Simply I don't like the way he plays. By the way he makes a lot of goals so Milan made a good deal, and I'm very very happy he went to Milan.
I thought these things when he played for juventus too...I din't change my mind when he went away.
Simply I'm happy he went away.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i dont see why you should 'hate" a player who does his job so well.
Inzaghi's position is the farthest you can get from the keeper! he's not a second stricker like Del Piero or Recoba. What he does is he scores a goal with one( or half a) touch!

its plain and simple. *Inzaghi scores goals*. thats all he has to do!
Thats why Milan only have him up front.
Why should u want him to Shoot free kicks, pick up the ball and sprint forward, or assist?!
Those jobs are for Rivlaldo, Pirlo, and Rui Costa.

I think he's perfect with Milan's formation.

your argument is just the same as a person who Criticizes Del Piero for not knowing how to be a goal keeper! or Giggs for not knowing how to be a central defender!!

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
I think he is perfect for milan too.

What I tried to say it's that I don't like the way he plays football. I prefer strikers like Vieri who is a stronger player, he has a good head strike, long shot and so on.
I like henry who is fast, technical more complete than Inzaghi.
I agree with you he scores a lot of goals, maths is not an opinion, he made a lot of goals, but I don't like the way he plays football.
He plays near the off side line trying to anticipate the defenders, he never defends, never come back to help the midfielders like Vieri, Henry, Batistuta and other great strikers do. When he scores a goal made his job, but when he doesn't score a goal he is counterproductive for his team.

I didn't say I hate him, I said I hate the way he plays football.

As a defender touches him he falls down. He is a simulator, he takes the penalty area as a swimming pool.

By the way I hope him all the best, but I'm happy he went to milan.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
First of all you did say you hate him.....
++ [ originally posted by LeRoi ] ++
I can't stand Inzaghi.
He strikes a lot of goals, I cannot deny it, but I hate him . He is a spaniel.
Second, I dont know why you still compare Vieri, Batigol to Inzaghi....you keep saying that they are different, but you still concider them in one catagory "strickers".
Why dont you say DelPiero is a bad defender, then??!
because thats not his job. and its not inzaghi's job either to shoot free kicks, to defend, to run.....etc.
OK, you dont like the way he plays, thats something personal...i cant change that. But comparing him to others is different. HE IS NOT.

Your argument about being counter productive is false.
You say:
he never defends, never come back to help the midfielders ......he is counterproductive for his team.
This argument is false because with Inzaghi on your team, you dont need another attacker!! and with simple math, that mean your gonna have an extra Midfielder or defender and this is very productive.

LeRoi

Sep 3, 2002
I hate the way he plays football, and I can't stand him cause I think he is a very disagreeable fellow.

By the way if you think about a really complete forward like Vieri, you'll see that Vieri scores a lot of goals, has got a better technique than Inzaghi, better head strike, helps the midfield, helps the defenders.
Ok, the job of a forward is not defending, it's true, but if a striker is able to score a lot of goal and to defend at the same time I think it's quite better, don't you think?
Vieri is 10 inzaghi, del piero is 100 inzaghi.

Inzaghi usually scores a lot of goals, but he always have his black out during a season. Don't forget the last year that fellow played in Juventus, he stopped score in march and we leaved scudetto to roma, the year before the same thing, 3 months without scoring in the end of the season and scudetto to Lazio. Ok, it's not his fault if we lost scudetto, but if that fellow could strike some more goal maybe...

You can love him for the rest of your life, cry for his departure, but I say and I'll repeat I'M HAPPY HE WENT AWAY! We have Trezeguet, Del Piero, Di Vaio and Salas, who needs that simulator?

James

Sep 27, 2002
You've got to admire Inzaghi's nerve to put himself forward as a
possible European Footballer of the year. If I was as bereft of
basic skills as he, I would simply keep my head down and be
thankful that I played for such a great club as Milan, and formerly
Juve. I agree with with everyone that he scores goals, but they're 'ugly' goals. His only talent is to be a irratation to defenders. I remember his comments during the world Cup about
Del Piero when he said that Alex was a good substitute, what a cheek. Also 'pippo' never carried Juve during Del Piero's long layoff, the only thing I remember him doing in that time was costing Juve Scudetto's {vital penalties missed anyone!}

I remember being so relieved when I heard he'd left Juve and then laughing uncontrollably when I discovered that we'd got £22
million{those Milan fools}

I'm sorry, but I simply like footballers to be able to play football.
As far as Euro player of the year is concerned keep dreaming pippo as that award isn't given to talentless poachers!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I hate the way he plays football, and I can't stand him cause I think he is a very disagreeable fellow.

By the way if you think about a really complete forward like Vieri, you'll see that Vieri scores a lot of goals, has got a better technique than Inzaghi, better head strike, helps the midfield, helps the defenders.
Ok, the job of a forward is not defending, it's true, but if a striker is able to score a lot of goal and to defend at the same time I think it's quite better, don't you think?
Vieri is 10 inzaghi, del piero is 100 inzaghi.
To answer this Check my last post reply...i'm not gonna go through this again.

Inzaghi usually scores a lot of goals, but he always have his black out during a season. Don't forget the last year that fellow played in Juventus, he stopped score in march and we leaved scudetto to roma, the year before the same thing, 3 months without scoring in the end of the season and scudetto to Lazio. Ok, it's not his fault if we lost scudetto, but if that fellow could strike some more goal maybe...
Your forgetting DP went through more than a year scoring 1 goal form open play and about 10 from Penalties!!
What do u call this? a vacation....its also a black-out and dont blame injuries....look at Ronaldo who had a longer injury then became the WC top scorer months after recovery.

You can love him for the rest of your life, cry for his departure , but I say and I'll repeat I'M HAPPY HE WENT AWAY! We have Trezeguet, Del Piero, Di Vaio and Salas, who needs that simulator?
to be Honest, i did't care that he left for Milan. i Knew Trez can fill his shoes. and he did...
i was only worried when Kova left because at that time we didnt have anymore strickers!! DP, Trez, Amoruso only

-----------

Del Piero when he said that Alex was a good substitute, what a cheek. Also 'pippo' never carried Juve during Del Piero's long layoff, the only thing I remember him doing in that time was costing Juve Scudetto's {vital penalties missed anyone!}
1st. He said DP was a good sub (this does not imply that he is not a better starter....you cant use the inverse here..false reasoning :p )

2nd Of course he carried juve(or maybe dragged juve, but he did help)...he scored most their goals.

3rd I dont see you saying that Baggio sucks because he missed the WC final penalty! Or vieri sucks for missing those 20cm chances in the 2002WC that Inzaghi could have made with his eyes closed.
people make mistakes.....guess what so did DP when he was 1-on-1 twice with Barthez in the Euro2000 Final. i dont see you remembering that!!!

James

Sep 27, 2002
As we all know the best footballers on the planet can miss easy
chances and I don't include Vieri in that category{ that miss you
mentioned in the wc was a shocker} but they're still great
footballers. You also mention DP's misses against France, well let
me say that Inzaghi, faced with a similar chance would probably
just have miscontrolled the ball as always.

As for suggestions by other members that pippo could play for
Man Utd, don't be silly, he simply doesn't have the skills to fit in
with their quick tempo, and accurate passing game. Beckham, Giggs and Co would simply laugh at his efforts.

But listen, Pippo's on 80 grand a week so he doesn't care what
any of us think about him.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by James ] ++
As we all know the best footballers on the planet can miss easy
chances and I don't include Vieri in that category{ that miss you
mentioned in the wc was a shocker} but they're still great
footballers. You also mention DP's misses against France, well let
me say that Inzaghi, faced with a similar chance would probably
just have miscontrolled the ball as always.

As for suggestions by other members that pippo could play for
Man Utd, don't be silly, he simply doesn't have the skills to fit in
with their quick tempo, and accurate passing game. Beckham, Giggs and Co would simply laugh at his efforts.

But listen, Pippo's on 80 grand a week so he doesn't care what
any of us think about him.
For your info...inzaghi did face the same situation against Romania and he scored nicely....

BTW
But listen, Pippo's on 80 grand a week so he doesn't care what any of us think about him.
Well...who says i'm arguing to please him?!?!

James

Sep 27, 2002
This Inzaghi thread is becoming tiresome. I don't care if Inzaghi
breaks every scoring record in world football and joins Real
Madrid for £100 million. He simply won't ever impress me as a
'footballer' and I stress the word 'footballer' as you seem to confuse this word with the quite different word 'poacher'
He's hopeless and I'm not alone in thinking this!
I'm a Scotland fan and and as bad as we are, if he were eligible
to play for us Berti Vogts still would't pick him. The only 'football'
people who like him are Ancelotti and Trap. Pippo must have
something on those two!!

King Alex Rules

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I agree that King Alex Rules.... ;)

other than that........i respect ur opinion :D

"opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one" ;)
...including me

THE TOPIC IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED...

BTW, welcome to the forums, this might not have been the best friendly welcome, but thanks for stating your opinion :D...hope to see you again

ciao

James

Sep 27, 2002
Thanks for the welcome Majed.

You're right, everyone has an opinion and that's what makes
the forum such a cool place. Probably the only thing which unites
everyone is their desire to see a great Juventus team winning
trophies and entertaining the fans.

I'm logging off for the night, see you and all the crew later!

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
When Milan gave Juventus $25 million plus promising youngster Cristiano Zenoni for a supposedly "over-the-hill" 28-year old striker named Filippo Inzaghi last summer, few though that they had made a smart deal. But for a man who is despised by fans not only outside his nation, but also within, Inzaghi has an astonishingly unparalleled goal-scoring record.

Born in Piacenza in 1973, this scrawny kid had limited skill, but made up with a nose for goal analogous only to a bloodthirsty hound. Pippo began his career with his city's club, Piacenza Calcio as an 18-year old in Serie B. However, after appearing in only two games in his debut season on the big stage, Inzaghi was loaned out to Serie C1 side Leffe. That first season with Leffe, Pippo scored 13 times in 21 games, thus setting the ball rolling for what would be a goal-scoring spree that would seemingly never see an end.

The years following that would see Pippo move to Hellas Verona, back to Piacenza, to Parma and finally to Atalanta, where he would at long last establish himself as a recognized marksman. Inzaghi's league-leading 24 strikes in 33 games for Atalanta alongside the great Gianluigi Lentini ensured that Pippo would be snapped up by Italy's most successful club and then Italian Champion, Juventus. Amazingly, but in retrospect not surprisingly, Inzaghi had kept up an extremely healthy strike rate during his six years of professional football. He had scored 67 times in 144 games for his teams from 1991 to 1997.

Inzaghi was now the pride of the Delle Alpi. Along with Alessandro Del Piero, Inzaghi would form the devastating duo that would ravage Serie A defences, leading Juventus to their 24th Scudetto, in a timely Centenary year. However, that's where Inzaghi's luck ran out. He would win no more silverware with the "Old Lady" and although he kept finding the back of the net while his more eminent colleague, Del Piero, faded away, Inzaghi would never be completely appreciated.

Filippo Inzaghi became a picture of hate across Europe. The millions of Juve-haters also became Inzaghi-haters. They hated him because he made it look so simple. He would never appear to try hard or strike from distance. He was flagged offside a dozen times. Yet, he would always be there…at the right place…. at the right time…. to bury that decisive goal. His lean frame would be manhandled by much bigger defenders and Pippo gained a reputation as a diver. He surely didn't make goal scoring look pretty, but what Inzaghi did do was make it look easy. That is what perhaps angered his critics the most and this was epitomized by a certain Jaap Stam who couldn't come to terms with Inzaghi's goals against Manchester United in the Champions League. Stam went on to slam the Italian rather deplorably in his autobiography.

However, by now Pippo had become "Superpippo". His astonishing European record was adding to his glittering domestic career. But his days in Turin were numbered. A youthful David Trezeguet arrived at the Bianconeri camp and benched Inzaghi. Inzaghi was to have a long, long wait away from the pitch. Before Milan snapped him up in the summer of 2001, Inzaghi would help himself to another 11 goals in scattered appearances at Juve. But, it was to be a rather feeble end to a productive career at the club.

Milan signed Inzaghi in the hope of forming a lethal partnership with Andriy Shevchenko. But, this time Inzaghi would suffer a serious knee injury that would keep him out for almost half the season. However, once he returned, there would be no looking back. Superpippo returned to the field in January and has never stopped scoring. He powered Milan past Bologna, Lazio and Chievo with his goals (10 in 20 games) and helped them finish fourth in his debut season.

Now, part of a reinforced Milan side, a fully fit Pippo is in the best form of his life. Barely a couple of months into the season, Inzaghi has scored 12 times in 8 games! He leads the Champions League scorers chart with an absolutely stunning seven goals in three games including two braces and a hat trick. What's more…. this amazing flurry of goals has seen him become the leading Italian goal scorer in European competition history, overcoming Inter Milan forward Alessandro Altobelli's record of 39 strikes.

139 League goals, 42 European goals, 45 International goals and probably hundreds of friendly competition goals later, Pippo Inzaghi finally seems to be getting the credit he deserves. The passionate AC Milan forward is now in the tail end of his career and it appears that he has finally appeased the Lords and silenced his critics. Praise is all you hear after his heroics that downed Deportivo in Spain and Bayern in Germany.

In Milan, Superpippo Inzaghi has found a home , one where he wishes to remain till retirement. But, until then, he seems to insist on stabbing his opponents by putting away that football into the back of the net with the dreamlike efficiency that he is now known for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)