The SuperPippo thread (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
from the sound of it, Pippo should have scored at least 6, so instead of praising him, people should be thinking 'god, even i could have done better' :D

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Super Peps has now scored 3 hattricks in the Cl a record for any player and has 24 Cl goals, joint second behind Dp as the highest Italian in the European cup/cl whilst his 40 goals in Europe is the highest of any Italian

Well if he is useless, I do not mind useless in my team anyday

Strikers are judged by the goals they score, not the quality of goals they score, leave all that to the second striker or attacking midfielder to score the spectacular

All I can Say is that Inzaghi is reaching legendary status and he will go down in history as one of the best ever strikers to come out of Italy as he is just 28

Remember he just started playing European football at Juve in 1998 and in 4 years he has notched up 40 goals

Me, personnaly I am taking a bow to a quite astonishing achievement

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Fortunately for Pippo and unfortunately for you the record books are not interested in minor details like that but they are interested in how many he does score

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #117
    Pippo wants top player prize
    Posted by Alex | Football Italia

Pippo Inzaghi is on top form at the moment and admits he is looking for the European Player of the Year award.

“I would love to be in the running for the Golden Ball,” revealed the Milan hitman who has netted ten goals between the Champions’ League and Serie A this season.

“It would be a great honour for me, but most of all I want to win something with this squad.”

“The team is doing well and at the age of 29 I’d say a player is at the peak of his abilities. I hope this period of form continues.”

The Italian international is now the top Italian goalscorer of all time in Europe, having scored his 40th strike at Deportivo La Coruna midweek.

“I look forward with optimism,” he added, “and after beating Alessandro Altobelli’s record for Italians I’d like to overtake Muller’s all-time record of 67 goals on the continent.”

However, Coach Carlo Ancelotti is less optimistic that Inzaghi can get the trophy this year.

“If we consider the last few months alone then he would definitely deserve it,” commented the tactician, “but he was out injured for four months last season.”

“It’s pointless discussing the possibility as I already know who will get the trophy. It’s obviously going to be Zinedine Zidane.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)