in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I am not disagreeing with you here. I am not suggesting what should happen but what could or what will happen. Agnelli and Perez waging a war here sounds all nice and dandy but they are walking on a thin rope here. Ultimately it's the club and fans that are going to suffer. For one, I am not prepared to see this club's reputation dragged in the mud (again) or crippling ourselves financially with this debacle.
But by all means people can continue to feel 'proud'. Continue living in a utopian world. Whatever suits people.
So the solution is to take it in the ass every time. Gotcha.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I am not disagreeing with you here. I am not suggesting what should happen but what could or what will happen. Agnelli and Perez waging a war here sounds all nice and dandy but they are walking on a thin rope here. Ultimately it's the club and fans that are going to suffer. For one, I am not prepared to see this club's reputation dragged in the mud (again) or crippling ourselves financially with this debacle.
But by all means people can continue to feel 'proud'. Continue living in a utopian world. Whatever suits people.
I didn’t say anything about feeling “proud”, but you guys keep bringing up “bans” and other “sanctions”, which they literally can’t legally do without violating EU anti-trust laws. It’s not about waging a war, if this goes to the courts, UEFA/FIGC lose, not sure why people keep suggesting otherwise. They don’t have a leg to stand on as far as sanctioning us goes. There’s nothing in their own rules or any laws that allow for it, in fact, EU laws would explicitly forbid this due to antitrust.

Some of you sound like you think we should just roll over and play dead and let UEFA and the oil clubs plus Prem fuck everyone over... seems bizarre to me. If my choice is that or a PR/legal war, I choose the latter.

- - - Updated - - -

So the solution is to take it in the ass every time. Gotcha.
:agree:

Same people must have been psyched on our punishments for calciopoli. :shifty:

Last edited:

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
I didn’t say anything about feeling “proud”, but you guys keep bringing about “bans” and other “sanctions”, which they literally can’t legally do without violating EU anti-trust laws. It’s not about waging a war, if this goes to the courts, UEFA/FIGC lose, not sure why people keep suggesting otherwise. They don’t have a leg to stand on as far as sanctioning us goes. There’s nothing in their own rules or any laws that allow for it, in fact, EU laws would explicitly forbid this due to antitrust.

Some of you sound like you think we should just roll over and play dead and let UEFA and the oil clubs plus Prem fuck everyone over... seems bizarre to me. If my choice is that or or a PR/legal war, I choose the latter.
:agree:. UEFA and pro-UEFA mouths in the media are so loud only because the only tactics they have is to create an unbearable media pressure to resolve this issue somehow before it reaches court rooms.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
:agree:. UEFA and pro-UEFA mouths in the media are so loud only because the only tactics they have is to create an unbearable media pressure to resolve this issue somehow before it reaches court rooms.
exactly.
They're trying everything to scare Real,Barca and Juve to give up.
The other pussies agreed on paying a fine and what's not which is ridiculous considering we didn't do anything yet. but somehow getting punished as criminals.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Afaik, Uefa isn't preventing us from starting a league.

Anyhow, it amazes me to read how so many people think "they" can't punish us. Or how we'll win in court. That' just being very naive.
I still remember the last time "they" couldn't punish us.
We weren't punished by an actual court but by the Italian FA.

UEFA are risking legal proceedings before a proper court.

We would win such a case. No doubt.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
One small issue would be that no other federation would welcome us though.
And even if we would find one that does, UEFA surely wouldn't allow it. :grin:

All this "us against the world" banter is fun, obviously. It's just not very practical in sports where you need other teams to compete against.
I mean, who or what exactly is stopping the 3 remaining teams to go ahead & set up their league anyway?
Screw all the rest & go for it. Stick to your guns! Fino alla fine!! (Just to be on the safe side, I'm not being serious with these last remarks. :grin:)
There is no way UEFA are willing to go to court over this.

Whatever sanction they think they can hand out would be in direct conflict with EU law.

And then there's all sorts of shit UEFA don't want investigated.

If we stand strong, we won't receive as much as a symbolic fine.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
If that were the case, it doesnt change much from anti trust perspective. Currently in Europe there is only one major continental competition (CL) for clubs, which awfuly resembles monopoly. Clubs trying to establish a different one cannot and shouldnt be prevented. Anywho rulling against ISU:
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/es/IP_17_5184
Yes, that is exactly the point, from a competition law perspective the product is the league and the market is international European club competition, which means that uefa has a dominant position on it, which means that their actions could constitute an abuse of a dominant position (preventing i lndependant undertakings from creating a competing product)

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The Juventus most Tuzers fell in love with was built by Gianni Agnelli. A man who was a capitalist icon of the XX century. A man who controlled the entire sectors of Italian economy. A man who was one of the most influential men in the world. Do you think he got there being a nice guy and having crawled under the bed in panic after every freaking ceferin of his time threatened him :lol:?

People want Juventus to be like that Juventus, but at the same time they're worried about what people around them think when Juventus form an alliance with two Spanish giants to set their own rules instead of abiding rules set by others, i.e. to do what real leaders do. C'mon, guys. Try looking outside of the box. There's something interesting out there.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Back then in the days of L'Avvocato football didn't have much money (mostly because there were no media / Internet that made football what it is today), so football problems were too small for him.

But there was another man, less significant than Agnelli, who was building his media empire and who saw potential in football. His name was Silvio Berlusconi. Having threatened to create a Super League, he forced UEFA (which was much less influential back then, because - surprise! - there was no big money in football) to transform the Champions Cup into a Champions League.

That was a real moment when football was divided into "elite" and "peasants". Do you remember what clubs could win the trophy before the CL? And what clubs have been winning it since the CL formation? And yet UEFA and their proponents are claiming it's some kind of a heaven for small clubs :lol:.

If you take this CL for granted and treat it as a norm, just remember what it really is, and how it was perceived back then. Some striking similarities might surface.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
I cancelled by CBS / Paramount subscription today which I used for watching UEFA champions league. It was only $6-7 per month (as if that will make any difference) but why should I pay a single penny to UEFA. If Serie A kicks us out, then ESPN can also get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)