in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Current form of Juventus is irrelevant to this question
That's exactly the mistake a lot of Juventus supporters are making. This ESL rush is directly related to the current form of Juventus. People bought the primitive story about greedy Agnelli UEFA sold them, while in reality AA did it not out of greed but out of desperation. Current football system strangles Juventus, and AA wanted to break free, to catch up with the brits, to make everything possible to keep Juventus competitive on the highest level.

It will be such an irony when the same people who're happy about ESL failure will be frustrated with another one wasted year without European success and with mediocre roster, blaming Agnelli or whoever's the president at that moment for not being aggressive enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 26, 2016
That sport is "dying" (its really not) is not reason to outright kill it.

You don't save football by creating a closed circle that only benefits 15 clubs. It's absurd that this can be seen as an acceptable solution. It magnifies every single problem with football today. The only reason its accepted here is because Juve would earn money from it and become part of the closed elite group for the foreseeable future.

Such a super league is never about saving football. It is only about saving Juve, Madrid, Barca, Inter, etc. Football isn't simply 12 clubs and using the excuse of "saving football" to kill it completely is ridiculous.

If their intent was to actually save football then their plan would include a open tournament where they would have negotiated better deals, more revenue, and allocated on the basis of merit. Whoever qualifies to the super league plays it, instead of whoever founded it. Have the best teams play each other every week if that is what is necessary, but do so as actually the best teams, not as who is in the contact list of Pérez and Agnelli. Its honestly unbelievable that such a concept is defended here as anything other than a cynical power grab to enrich select clubs.

Its 100% obvious that the Superleague wasnt a totally "fair" solution and was not gonna "save" football. I dont understand how you think we dont get that part.

What people want is maximum entertainment, and something else than the ultra boring format of serie A and the corrupt CL driven by the Dinosaurs that is UEFA. im not expecting that Super League would cleanse the whole fking business aspect of it, which is unrealistic. The whole sport has been sold and the soul has been sucked out of it a long time ago.

Whats bothering me personally is the hypocrisy of thinking the Superleague is the devils work, while the system we have now is basically just the same shit with a different structure.

So if you think that the new fotballing order will come with peace and a democratic solution i honestly think you are deluded. You cant enforce communism/equal shares on a sport that thrives on hyper- capitalistic values. The whole sport is runned by the filthy rich and that certainly wont change.

In an ideal Teletubbie, flower power & happy world your moral high ground makes sense, but the reality doesnt add up to those expectations.

Also, offcourse Juventus supporters here wants what best for the club. I dont see any issue with that. If you think we should just be happy with the current format and sit back and be concerned with our morals then we fundamentally dont agree at all.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
That's exactly the mistake a lot of Juventus supporters are making. This ESL rush is directly related to the current form of Juventus. People bought the primitive story about greedy Agnelli UEFA sold them, while in reality AA did it not out of greed but out of desperation. Current football system strangles Juventus, and AA wanted to break free, to catch up with the brits, to make everything possible to keep Juventus competitive on the highest level.

It will be such an irony when the same people who're happy about ESL failure will be frustrated with another one wasted year without European success and with mediocre roster, blaming Agnelli or whoever's the president at that moment for not being aggressive enough.
More like majority of Juventus fans, frustrated with current season, saw the ESL as some miracle cure. Or maybe the sure way into euro competitions, since we are very close not to qualifying for UCL.
And i don't want to repeat what i just said, but the ESL could have worked. But only without any guaranteed spots. Seems like this is what drowned this project.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
said the 2006 member with a bit more than 1000 messages on the forum.
You like the other dude. Do you want us to spell it out what are you or you gonna go back holding your post under a random bridge?
I do not know what this even means. LOL. I have been supporting Juve since 1994 and have spent thousands of euros on them. I am also a small shareholder. I have put money where my passion is and so I do not give a fuck about some people's opinion on the forum.
Most of you here wanted to create a football cartel
with Juve in the leading role. Well, that is not what I subscribed to almost 30 years ago.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
“I’m not going to say how many clubs contacted me in just 24 hours asking if they could join,” Agnelli continued.

“Maybe they lied, but I was contacted by a number of teams asking what they could do to join."

“I have had speculation to that extent that if six teams would have broken away and would have threatened the Premier League politics would have seen that as an attack to Brexit and their political scheme,” Agnelli explained.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
if they stay: uefa/fifa promised sanctions, players got scared of being excluded of european and world cups. i'm sure boris threatened them too. fans' outrage was the icing on the cake.
if they leave: they get some additional $$$ from uefa and can save face in front of the fans.

obviously this wasn't prepared properly. both the players and the fans should have been better informed. ffs, even guardiola didn't know this was in the works, of course everybody treated it as a coup/betrayal.

when is the next uefa presidential election? ceferin must be removed, agnelli/perez better work on that. uefa can be reformed from inside.
These clubs had to expect retaliation such as threatened sanctions , etc. And the legal counsel for SL clubs should’ve anticipated all of this as well and advised if they could legally move forward or not.

Something just doesn’t add up for me.

also the anti competitive behavior of threats by UEFA and administrations, etc has to be observed in court and thrown out, no?

How can they be so short sighted is my question

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
These clubs had to expect retaliation such as threatened sanctions , etc. And the legal counsel for SL clubs should’ve anticipated all of this as well and advised if they could legally move forward or not.

also the anti competitive behavior of threats by UEFA and administrations, etc has to be observed in court and thrown out, no?

I don't understand how Boris' threats and Cefarins were deemed in any way legal. It's actually bizarre.

Yet all the dumb fuck fans pushed this weird football is for the fans thing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

It makes no sense to me either. Just completely defies logic and how things normally work in business. Maybe some of these clubs really are ran by stupid people.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't understand how Boris' threats and Cefarins were deemed in any way legal. It's actually bizarre.

Yet all the dumb fuck fans pushed this weird football is for the fans thing.
It's like Boris said that all businesses can claim on business interruption caused by the pandemic and national lockdowns through their insurance, yet it was impossible as most if not all insurance policies did not include or mention any form of national lockdown as a means to claim on their policies and now millions of customers are pissed at the insurers all on the government's say so. Seriously people like Boris need to shut the fuck up on matters which frankly shouldn't concern him or has any real powers of control over, same with football. Isn't that why domestic football is governed by the FA and not politicians?

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
With reference to the press release published by Juventus Football Club S.p.A. on 19 April 2021, relating to the proposed creation of the Super League, and the ensuing public debate, the issuer clarifies to be aware of the request and intentions otherwise expressed by certain clubs to withdraw from this project, although the necessary procedures envisaged by the agreement among the clubs have not been completed.

In this context, while Juventus remains convinced of the soundness of the project’s sport, commercial and legal premises, it believes that at present there are limited chances that the project be completed in the form originally conceived.

Juventus remains committed to pursuing the creation of long-term value for the Company and the entire football industry

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009

As if our current mediocre squad has anything to do with a lack of money. :lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As if our current mediocre squad has anything to do with a lack of money. :lol:
The difference obviously being that a few bad mistakes on the transfer market for us is deadly. Whereas PSG has an oil sheikh who doesn’t give a fuck about money, ManCity has an entire oil nation that doesn’t give a fuck about money, ManU can spend whatever they want on disastrous transfers and results without giving a fuck about money, and UEFA doesn’t do a thing, turns a blind eye and let’s them do whatever they want to cover up losses and buy someone new to try again.

We have to operate basically with perfection on the transfer market to not have the occasional bad season or fall foul of FFP and get raked over the coals, and unfortunately we haven’t done that the past few summers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)