in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What do you think UEFA is ?
An organisation that controls all aspects on football in Europe.

And make no mistake the PL isn't dying , oil clubs aren't dying , bundesbayern isn't dying , the other clubs not so much but who cares about them when you can poach their lewandowskis for free, real Madrid and Barca are probably gonna be saved by their governent.
But serial A is fuc*ed . You are just unable or refuse to see. Well it is going to hit us hard starting in the next mercato.
Dude thinks money isn’t the backbone of the current system and UEFA doesn’t act like a cartel. Hopeless :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Football isn't dying you fools. Whoever came with that idea must have his head shoved in Perez's or Agnelli's anus. While football is dying Mino, the opressor of poor clubs, is preparing to make Haaland the first 1M/week player. Yeah, sure, real inflation numbers are scary - but I don't see players going to work with the bus. Not even in Bulgaria. So the whole notion that football is dying is just the old soup of 'we want more money' reheated.

Also football is a fucking sport at the end of the day. It isn't saving lives and is based on joy. The moment money becomes the backbone we are talking about another cartel - just like the banking system. They are licensed criminal. Like getting a fox to guard your chickens. They love to handle themselves titles - 'protector', 'defender', 'saviour;.... If you are not paying attention you might confuse them with Jesus or Buddha. The only real title is their bank accounts - they are greedy robbers. While on the topic there is another issue - directors getting more than players or coaches. Important as they might be - this is another travesty. Then again we are paying medical professionals less than athletes for close to a century now, so nothing new here.
Big clubs are losing a lot of money and they r going to keep doing it for a while. They are going to be in crisis quite soon as they did in 2008. The only reason they saved last time was because they open the clubs to be taking over for foreigners, yep, no LOCAL fans owners there.

After that Sheik fest, TV revenues growths a lot because EPL and Messi-CR7 Force. Industries like music, movies: no money, no quality. It's just how it is but you can't say movies, music are dead, they are just bad

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Italian and Spanish football is dead and it will take the big teams with it. They are stuck while the English teams are still in a good situation.

I mean Real Madrid who won the CL 3 times in a row makes less money for winning than whoever gets promoted to the Premier League from the championship.

Champions League is a shitty tournament where the best teams don't get to compete against each other until the playoffs. Also filled with shitty teams from random European countries that nobody is interested in watching.

But I guess football won.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
They were so naïve in thinking the pressure will only come from UEFA and the EPL. I think they thought they'd get the full support of fans all over the social media and they were wrong.

They should've worked way more in PR before formally announcing the competition.
EPL clubs might have underestimated the pressure, but to crumble under not that much of a pressure and to crumble that quickly - nah, I don't believe it. Putting aside all the hysteria in Twitter and several comments from barely relevant people, what exactly happened that they could not have expected and thus be unprepared for?

OP
Snobist

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
  • Thread Starter #2,869
    Fuck this shit. I don't know about you guys but I'm losing interest in football. I have not seen any Juve game between the first leg against Porto till the last game against Atalanta and it did me very good. It's a waste of your nerves. The Super League brought that fresh air but now that it's gone my enthusiasm for football went to almost zero.
    Same here!

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
    After all my rants I want to say that the ESL is not in essence a totally terrible idea; making a league for all the best teams all around Europe is something that I could be open to. However, the total removal of meritocracy is what made it totally unacceptable for me and almost all football fans. If shithouse teams like Tottenham and Arsenal can remain in it forever and never let anyone take their place, then it's against the ethos of European football. If this was introduced with a coefficient method or something along those lines where teams get dropped and introduced by a ranking system, then the reaction would've been totally different. Teams like Atalanta and Leicester who keep up great performances along the years get granted in, but lucky breaks like West Ham don't necessarily get granted in after just one good season. Also teams like Bate Borisov and Rostov that you are crying about just have less spots to quality or have to face a harder qualifiying route. The main point is to grant EVERYONE the opportunity to get in, and EVERYONE the chance to drop out. You just tweak it to allow teams who consistently perform over the years a bigger edge.
    Thats precisely it.
    Make your own league, but make it fair. No safe spots, qualifying possible for all teams each season. Make it a clubs competition that distributes the money to the clubs without the 3rd guy in the middle (FIFA/UEFA). Its all great ideas. Ideas needed in todays football. But once you decide to remove sporting aspect of it, making few select teams more equal then the rest it becomes a no go.
    As the old saying goes: "If you mix 10kg of honey with 1kg of shit- you get 11kg of shit"

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006

Seems legit even though its the sun. Looks a bit lost for words, clearly disappointed but like a leader accepting a new approach is needed clearly.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck this shit. I don't know about you guys but I'm losing interest in football. I have not seen any Juve game between the first leg against Porto till the last game against Atalanta and it did me very good. It's a waste of your nerves. The Super League brought that fresh air but now that it's gone my enthusiasm for football went to almost zero.
    I admire your will to give up, wish i had it, as ive lost of hair since then and gone grey, not good for any of our health admitedly. However, Juve is family to me, always has been, and I for one can't forsake them.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
    Current form of Juventus is irrelevant to this question

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
    Good riddance plastic fans.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk
    said the 2006 member with a bit more than 1000 messages on the forum.
    You like the other dude. Do you want us to spell it out what are you or you gonna go back holding your post under a random bridge?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    agreed, but to be honest there's a big wide world out there. Enjoy it.

Life's too short to be worrying about a bunch of men kicking a ball around a field for 90 mins. Frankly VAR took out the last bit of enthusiasm I had, the fact I can't even celebrate when we score knowing in the back of my mind there's a good chance it'll get ruled out for something so minute.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    It wasn't "just" the local fans. It was everyone. It was the fans that went to the stadiuns to protest, the media, the government, UEFA and FIFA, their ex players and legends, their current players and coaches, everyone in their football world got together and told them It was a terrible idea.

Props to Klopp, Pep, the Liverpool squad, a lot of players of these teams, etc for standing up to it.
    That's fine and I'm not arguing here if they made the correct decision or not. I simply find it very strange that they announced their participation in the ESL and after 24 hours they said "we're out".
    Even if they expected an outrage before the announcement of the ESL - and even if they expected 10 times less outrage - a more logical announcement yesterday would have been smthg like: "We hear the fans, we hear the media, we hear the ex legends and players, we hear our current players. It is obvious that we will have to further discuss this and make a final decision in the following days". But no, they all went out together and said "fuck this, we're out".
    This was a serious project, a very serious one, involving powerful people. It's strange to do what the EPL teams did. It's like a super power preparing for war, proclaiming the war and capitulate in less than a day. I don't see the unexpected nuclear bombs which forced them to capitulate.

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
    Jun 1, 2012
    Cartel del UEFA must definitely be broken but superleague probably wasnt the best way to go about it.

Creating one cartel just to destroy another cartel wouldn't have been well received no matter what.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
    That's fine and I'm not arguing here if they made the correct decision or not. I simply find it very strange that they announced their participation in the ESL and after 24 hours they said "we're out".
    Even if they expected an outrage before the announcement of the ESL - and even if they expected 10 times less outrage - a more logical announcement yesterday would have been smthg like: "We hear the fans, we hear the media, we hear the ex legends and players, we hear our current players. It is obvious that we will have to further discuss this and make a final decision in the following days". But no, they all went out together and said "fuck this, we're out".
    This was a serious project, a very serious one, involving powerful people. It's strange to do what the EPL teams did. It's like a super power preparing for war, proclaiming the war and capitulate in less than a day. I don't see the nuclear bombs which forced them to capitulate.
    if they stay: uefa/fifa promised sanctions, players got scared of being excluded of european and world cups. i'm sure boris threatened them too. fans' outrage was the icing on the cake.
    if they leave: they get some additional $$$ from uefa and can save face in front of the fans.

obviously this wasn't prepared properly. both the players and the fans should have been better informed. ffs, even guardiola didn't know this was in the works, of course everybody treated it as a coup/betrayal.

when is the next uefa presidential election? ceferin must be removed, agnelli/perez better work on that. uefa can be reformed from inside.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)