The Super League (19 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
These clubs had to expect retaliation such as threatened sanctions , etc. And the legal counsel for SL clubs should’ve anticipated all of this as well and advised if they could legally move forward or not.

Something just doesn’t add up for me.

also the anti competitive behavior of threats by UEFA and administrations, etc has to be observed in court and thrown out, no?

How can they be so short sighted is my question
yeah, it was very poorly prepared and communicated. they simply chickened out.

watch this as a confirmation (and try not to vomit when the journalist takes a moral high ground):

and of course the muricans are to blame :baus: fucking hell, agnelli and perez should have known much better. terrible strategy, terrible pr, terrible preparation and timing. and terrible partners too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I do not know what this even means. LOL. I have been supporting Juve since 1994 and have spent thousands of euros on them. I am also a small shareholder. I have put money where my passion is and so I do not give a fuck about some people's opinion on the forum.
Most of you here wanted to create a football cartel
with Juve in the leading role. Well, that is not what I subscribed to almost 30 years ago.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Wait! What? You don't? I thought you did with passion calling everyone who does not agree with you idiot and what not.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
yeah, it was very poorly prepared and communicated. they simply chickened out.

watch this as a confirmation (and try not to vomit when the journalist takes a moral high ground):

and of course the muricans are to blame :baus: fucking hell, agnelli and perez should have known much better. terrible strategy, terrible pr, terrible preparation and timing. and terrible partners too.
Blame the American owned clubs lol

I still find it difficult to believe this was not thoroughly planned from comms to legal to fiscal etc.

I also don’t but that these PL clubs were not sure what they were signing up for. Utter bullsh. They all knew and simply folded to threats of litigation, sanctions and financial penalties.

I do agree that the Perez interview on el chiringuito was bizarre. No one prepped him to talk about the benefits to fans or anyone but themselves?? It’s sales/PR 101.

Short sighted, ill prepared which are both difficult to believe

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It wasn't "just" the local fans. It was everyone. It was the fans that went to the stadiuns to protest, the media, the government, UEFA and FIFA, their ex players and legends, their current players and coaches, everyone in their football world got together and told them It was a terrible idea.

Props to Klopp, Pep, the Liverpool squad, a lot of players of these teams, etc for standing up to it.
Unfollowed

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Who really cares about thousands of teams? There are well under 100 teams in Europe that are worth a grain of salt and have a hope of ever being competitive in a top domestic league, let alone Europe where it drops to a couple dozen teams.

I’m not saying we need a full-scale North American League system. But a scaled up continental league with a few tiers for the best 60 or so teams in the continent. Relegation/promotion can continue in those few divisions. Salary caps, revenue sharing, a better transfer model. So the talent pool isn’t diluted to oblivion outside the top dozen or so clubs. And majority of games are actually competitive. That’s a good thing. The status quo and bootlicking UEFA, the premier league, and oil money isn’t.
I don't disagree. There has to be large scale reforms. The Super League, in its current format, is a terrible idea. Which is why it was so easy that fucking Gary Neville could shoot it down and smugly drink his wine after. They fucked up their formatting and more importantly their messaging. Sadly this fiasco has pushed back any chance of reforms by a few years at least.

May 26, 2016
Anglos are fucking filth, I mean that anti ESL stance is credible from Germany because this is our 'way of football' with elected club presidents, 50+1 rule etc. But anglos sold their football to the highest bidding merchant now pretend they saved football by making sure it stays sold to that merchant :rofl:
Huge hypocrites. the worst

Last edited:

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Anglos are fucking filth, I mean that anti ESL stance is credible from Germany because this is our 'way of football' with elected club presidents, 50+1 rule etc. But anglos sold their football to the highest bidding merchant now pretend they saved football by making sure it stays sold to that merchant :rofl:
Well, that's what happens when your entire economy is based on laundering money for billionaire pedophiles.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't disagree. There has to be large scale reforms. The Super League, in its current format, is a terrible idea. Which is why it was so easy that fucking Gary Neville could shoot it down and smugly drink his wine after. They fucked up their formatting and more importantly their messaging. Sadly this fiasco has pushed back any chance of reforms by a few years at least.
Do the same thing with no auto inclusion and it would've worked. To be honest though I'm happy we didn't do the fake we did this for the fans crap and saying sorry to UEFA like the rest of these spineless bastards.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The difference obviously being that a few bad mistakes on the transfer market for us is deadly. Whereas PSG has an oil sheikh who doesn’t give a fuck about money, ManCity has an entire oil nation that doesn’t give a fuck about money, ManU can spend whatever they want on disastrous transfers and results without giving a fuck about money,
I don't agree with that. Not entirely at least.
A few bad mistakes in team selection & the likes, will have a negative impact on your results (on the pitch).
But yeah, the more money you have, the more chances you have to set things straight. That goes without saying.

ManU is a great example. I'm pretty sure that the owners are more than happy about the past few years. I don't think they really care much about what actually happens on the pitch, as long as revenues & profits keep increasing.
And that's pretty much the idea I got when this ESL thing popped up. Essentially, results don't matter. As a participant you are guaranteed a shitload of money so your business will thrive, at the very least for the time being. And your shareholders will be happy. And, I guess, that's all that matters.
But that's not all that matters to me as a fan of a football team.

and UEFA doesn’t do a thing, turns a blind eye and let’s them do whatever they want to cover up losses and buy someone new to try again.
I do agree with that, obviously.

Also, I am all for huge reforms in European/International football. But from my point of view it makes no sense to replace a bad system with an even worse one.
And if football, as a whole, has hit its ceiling & continued growth is not possible, then that would be fine for me as well.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
As if our current mediocre squad has anything to do with a lack of money. :lol:
:lol:

Shows what you know about our finances . With 245 million wage budget we are drowning out there while PL clubs can use it for toilet paper . The sheiks makes beds from it, probably . You think juve wants to do plusvalenza in all mercatos?
We are forced to so we can keep afloat.
The SL was a chance to stop doing that , heck even dybala could have gotten his 15 million .
We are gonna revert to juve pre 2018 when juve sold one big player so they can afford another.
This time is it's probably dybala .Cr7 with a foot out the door also. I can see demiral leave too.
Next is gonna be de ligt time to leave and so on.
But the english saved football, only its not our football.

Since we are 10th revenue wise , you can claim the top 6 teams can start with a net advantage of minimum 150 million more in transfer budget every year.
Thats aourar, barella and locatelli in one transfer window if i'm going to do financial gymnastics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)