The Super League (15 Viewers)

in favour of Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Great response and very well timed, since you came in the door now that the idea is supposedly collapsing.

People that supported this idea was fed up with the rigid, old-world, traditional ways of organizing a European competition and the hipocrisy and lobbying that has been going on for many years. It is in its worst shape and people wanted to change it.

Now i agree that the Superleague was not the ideal answer in terms of "fighting the bad guys of UEFA and FIFA" with a moral high ground, because the people who wanted to push for it is part of the same capitalistic - hyper cynical elite that owns or deals in world Football.

However, expecting a "Democratic" reform of European football is out of the question at this point in time: the damage has already been done, club owners are too rich and influential for that to happen and UEFA cant handle shit, that much has already been proven many times.

Also, regulations and sanctions dont mean shit for these top clubs and they will do as they wish : Super league or no Super league, doesnt make any difference tbh.

The issues we discussed earlier in this thread will now be swept under the carpet once more, as long as the EPL is doing good and can flourish. Fact is the rest of Europe, apart from exceptions like Bayern/PSG will still be falling further and further behind.

Really dont see any shame in wanting change, sorry
You are free to go back and find my objections right from the get go if you'd like...

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Ugh why do the English always get away with everything?
Well it's just like you said, why should the "big" clubs care about the "small" ones? Financially they're on another planet compared to us, why would they hurt their own financial dominance to help get us more?

This is dog eat dog world, small clubs can suck my dick.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Well it's just like you said, why should the "big" clubs care about the "small" ones? Financially they're on another planet compared to us, why would they hurt their own financial dominance to help get us more?
How exactly are those 6 clubs hurting tho? They're just lacking integrity. You're in or out? What is this teenage approach they're pulling?

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
The only ones that are stealing are UEFA and the small clubs .
These big clubs only want what's theirs.
It's been 48 hours and it looks like you still don't know what this is about.
Oh, i'm aware of what this is about. They said it themselves. Its about cash and football as a sport can fuck off for all they care. And if there are enough people who tolerate it- they will get away with it.

May 26, 2016
You are free to go back and find my objections right from the get go if you'd like...
The point is you are saying we should be looking in the mirror and be shameful about that we supported the idea of the Superleague, when in reality you are supporting the exact same thing only with a different structure.

Its still a multi billion dollar business runned and owned by the rich.

The English think they are preserving "History" and "Tradition" but the fact is that they sold the Premier League a long time ago to foreign investors and owners.

You are no better than us , even tho you might think you are

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Oh, i'm aware of what this is about. They said it themselves. Its about cash and football as a sport can fuck off for all they care. And if there are enough people who tolerate it- they will get away with it.
well we are not living in the 90's do we ?

football as a sport has fucked off since abramovich took over .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
The entire professional football is about money and show. Football as a sport lives several levels below and doesn't have or need media visibility. When this argument about, so to speak, real football was brought into the current clash of financial interests by one of the sides if was nothing but a manipulation, unfortunately.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Yeah I remember as I was/am one of the skeptics of this thing fully going through.. there's lots of politics, alot of things we obviously don't know but this seems like a strategy for some leverage on Uefa as these fuckers think they are untouchable.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
How exactly are those 6 clubs hurting tho? They're just lacking integrity. You're in or out? What is this teenage approach they're pulling?
Because the jump in revenue that the "smaller" elite clubs would receive is more impactful than what they would receive, which would make things harder for them. As it stands, English clubs have money to burn on transfers and it gives them an advantage despite how shit they are in general with handling it.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
This is how it appears to me.

Italian and Spanish clubs want to stay in along with Arsenal and Tottenham. The Spanish have rising debts and they know that can't compete with the PL in the long run. Those two English clubs risk every year missing out on the CL, and that's key. Arsenal has sucked for long time and that won't change without something big happening and this is their chance. Chelsea is probably shifty because they are by no means guaranteed a CL place, but they are at a better place than the other two.

Man Utd and Liverpool are harder to pin down. Two of those clubs have American owners who probably wanted this, but one of them just announced the departure of their Vice-President. Liverpool are the non-broke Barca of Britain, they like to pretend to have a higher moral compass.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Dude, literally nobody in England liked this, except the billionaire owners, ofc they'll pull out...Something completely predictable, they have every right to pull out after all the massive backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)