The rest of the season (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'll support this club no matter what. Doesn't mean I won't criticize the hell out of them, but I'll support them.

We've hit a bad patch of form and injury/discipline problems. A mini-crisis. They happen to most teams throughout the season. In recent years, we used to hit this around Jan-Feb. Hopefully it won't last long and we'll find a way out of this funk quickly.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I'll support this club no matter what. Doesn't mean I won't criticize the hell out of them, but I'll support them.

We've hit a bad patch of form and injury/discipline problems. A mini-crisis. They happen to most teams throughout the season. In recent years, we used to hit this around Jan-Feb. Hopefully it won't last long and we'll find a way out of this funk quickly.
But this is March :faq2: Just kidding, We have had this bad patch for as long as I can remember.

AND we can also look forward to the scandal that hits the papers every year in the title run in.

Remember? The Canavaro doping tape, Zlatan tape (making him miss the Milan game), Calciopoli etc etc

But this year we wont be competing for the title :cry:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

:tup:

Let's hope so.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006

:flag:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The timing is an important factor here.

For example, playing the last match of the season away to Sampdoria may or may not be a hard match. If Sampdoria have nothing to fight for, this may easily turn out to be an easy win. If they need 3 points to qualify for UEFA Cup then we'll have an extremely tough match.
It's the same with the Lazio match, near the end of the season. If Lazio won't fight for UEFA Cup, then we can easily beat them.

On the other hand, playing away to Siena, some 3 or 4 rounds before the end may be a very tough match if Siena fight against relegation, but it may be a sure win if Siena don't need any points.
The same can be said about the match in the second last round, against Catania.

The same goes for Milan and Fiorentina. The weaker teams on paper can create much more problems to them than stronger teams that won't need the points, like Sampdoria or Atalanta.

Iaquinta09

Apr 20, 2005
Milan has the hardest schedule of the remainder season, hopefully lthey drop several points.

27 9/3/08 - 15.00 Empoli - Milan
28 15/3/08 - 20.30 Roma - Milan
29 19/3/08 - 20.30 Milan - Sampdoria
30 22/3/08 - 15.00 Torino - Milan
31 30/3/08 - 15.00 Milan - Atalanta
32 6/4/08 - 15.00 Milan - Cagliari
33 13/4/08 - 15.00 Juventus - Milan
34 20/4/08 - 15.00 Milan - Reggina
35 27/4/08 - 15.00 Livorno - Milan
36 4/5/08 - 15.00 Milan - Inter
37 11/5/08 - 15.00 Napoli - Milan
38 18/5/08 - 15.00 Milan - Udinese

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan are playing two matches per week for 3 months in a row. If they eliminate Arsenal they'll keep playing two matches per week.
You can see how easily Milan players get injured lately (which wasn't the case last year and the previous years). That's not a coincidence. Older players can not handlle fatigue the way youngsters can. This year i hear Ancelotti, Oddo and Galliani complaining how Milan players are dead tired. Kaka is getting injured way too often. Seedorf plays 1 match and he's injured for the next 3 matches. Nesta is now injured, Gattuso was injured. Not to mention Ronaldo. Pato is getting beaten by the defenders all the time. They have huge problems without squad depth.
If Milan pass Arsenal, i can easily imagine Ancelotti fielding the reserve players in serie A and this year, whenever the reserves played (some 7 or 8 matches) Milan didn't win a match.

It's obvious that Milan can't fight on two fronts. Unlike last year where they had Lazio and Fiorentina with -15 points as their rivals for the 4th place and they managed to get it, this year they have us (no matter what some will say, we are much better than last year's Lazio) and much more solid Fiorentina to beat in order to get the 4th place.
In CL they'll have Europe's best against them.

When i put it this way it looks that it's not so bad after all if Milan eliminates Arsenal :(
There is a problem in this also..... if Milan win CL and we win the 4th place while Milan finish 5th, then according to UEFA rules Milan will play CL next year while we'll play UEFA Cup.

Now be smart and tell me what would be the best thing to happen. Shall i cheer for Arsenal or for Milan ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Cheer for Milan till they reach the CL final and then hope they lose it :bow:
My heart can't take that.
I hate them, i can't cheer for them in more than 1 match.

The best thing would be if Milan play 0:0 with Arsenal and then win on panalties and then they get eliminated in the 1/4's, again on penalties.
Hopefully, Juve and Fiorentina will escape 3 or 4 more points until then and Milan won't have time to catch us, even if they win all their remaining matches.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

i 100% agree with you greg.

i love this team to death and thats why i am so critical of it. if i didn't care then i would not praise or criticize it.

:ultra:

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Imo we can't get lower than 4th. Milan looks even worse than us. At least we can score goals.
i'd like to think that also but i don't think we score consistently enough to make that statement either. goals do not come easy for us even when trez is playing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
fuck that! you know the worth of that wish??? around 40 Million $$, I want all Italian teams to get eliminated this week!
In this case it may be different.
If Milan don't get into top4 in Italy because they played CL quarters, or even semis, and they had to concentrate on CL, then they may get 40 million now, but they lose a lot more for not playing CL next year.

Beh, fuck them. I want them out now, also.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
1. Milan continue in CL, that means more tired legs, more points lost, and we can even get 3rd spot.

2. We are the only side in top 5 who only have 1 competition to play and we are doing badly, 1 point from 3 games. So whats gona happen if milan and viola loose their european games..... :scared:

I know they will get money if the get to next round, but in the end of the season we might very well be thinking "what could have been".

I still think 3rd is realistic if milan continue in CL, fiorentina beat us today, but they arent all that good either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)