OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #104
    I apologize

Before the 2005–06 season if two or more teams were tied in points for first place, for only one spot in a European tournament, or in the relegation zone, teams would play tie-breaking games after the season was over to determine which team would be champion, or be awarded a European tournament spot, or be saved or relegated. Since 2005-06, if two or more teams end the season with the same number of points, the ordering is determined by their head-to-head records. In case two or more teams have same total points and same head-to-head records, goal difference becomes the secondary deciding factor.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #106
    Yes, we only need 3 points if Milan win everything, it can be three draws but that will make us restless and that's because our head-to-head with Milan is better.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    i can't believe they changed the rule. The rule was fair to all parties, and now they changed it.

Anyway i guess we are set. I just wish we could clinch that 2nd spot just to give us a bit of a break before the start of the season.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    i can't believe they changed the rule. The rule was fair to all parties, and now they changed it.

Anyway i guess we are set. I just wish we could clinch that 2nd spot just to give us a bit of a break before the start of the season.
    It might help us have a better start to the season, as we'll have started pre-season training earlier and we'll have played some important games by the start of the Serie A season.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Damn, Roma's draw gave us hope :)

As said above, all we need is 3 points to secure the CL. Even if all Milan, Juve and Fiorentina end up with same number of points and a mini-table is created, we're winning the mini-table and we'll be 3rd anyway.
    3 pts in 5 matches is all we need for CL

But now we're "only" 8 points behind Roma, with one game in hand. In theory, we're 5 points behind Roma, with 4 rounds to go.
    That means that Roma losing one and drawing one gives us chances, but we have to win everything.
    I don't know how realistic it is.

Anyway, Ranieri must NOT start talking about the second place now. Tomorrow we play for securing the CL spot, not for the second place.

Hear that Claudio ? We're not playing for the second place tomorrow !

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    Damn, Roma's draw gave us hope :)

As said above, all we need is 3 points to secure the CL. Even if all Milan, Juve and Fiorentina end up with same number of points and a mini-table is created, we're winning the mini-table and we'll be 3rd anyway.
    3 pts in 5 matches is all we need for CL

But now we're "only" 8 points behind Roma, with one game in hand. In theory, we're 5 points behind Roma, with 4 rounds to go.
    That means that Roma losing one and drawing one gives us chances, but we have to win everything.
    I don't know how realistic it is.

Anyway, Ranieri must NOT start talking about the second place now. Tomorrow we play for securing the CL spot, not for the second place.

Hear that Claudio ? We're not playing for the second place tomorrow !
    ya .. I agree .. first things first .. putting too much hope in some thing will leave us under much pressure :D:D:D ...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003

Yeah, I liked that rule.

It might help us have a better start to the season, as we'll have started pre-season training earlier and we'll have played some important games by the start of the Serie A season.
    It would be a very long season for some players though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)