The rest of the season (1 Viewer)

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
but most of the big teams are seeded .. if we're gonna play with anyone .. most probably we'll play with lower ranking teams ..

Yeah Djurgarden! and secco will influence the ref and get a 5 year ban like moggi And we'll get raped again.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #126
    Will you come to Göteborg if Juve get to play them in the qualification stage?

Aug 1, 2003
    Ah djurgarden.. if iremember correctly we drew in the first game and won in the second ? but that was dramatic we risked not qualifying for cl

roma didnt capitilize on livorno last night. fat chance of us overtaking them for second, but i still hold a small hope.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    Actually Djurgården were 2-0 up at Delle Alpi. :lol:

Then goals from Emerson and Trezeguet helped us grab the 2-2 draw. In the return leg, Djurgården were up 1-0 but we won in the end 4-1 or something.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    I have a feeling that if we win 3 out of 4 then we will have a big chance of getting that 2nd place as i think Roma will drop more points in the coming weeks.

Aug 1, 2006
    if we have to go to CL qualies, 3rd round worst we can get is Polish or Romanian club or smthg like that (France's 3rd is currently Marseille and i expect them to finish 3rd, and of course they will be seeded as well); anyhoo we'll ass rape anyone who gets in our way nevertheless cuz we are JUVENTUS...

From my point of view, if we'll have to play the qualies, it will mean that we'll have to boost our form in August, and be preped, which will make us able for the Serie A and CL group phase perfect start :)

cheers
    :bigscarf:

rvi

l'amour toujours
    Apr 5, 2007
    Pope moves Samp-Juve date
    Tuesday 22 April, 2008

Sampdoria-Juventus in the final round of the season could be moved forward to Saturday May 17 because of a visit by the Pope.

The last four rounds of the Serie A campaign are traditionally played simultaneously so no teams can have the advantage of knowing the other results beforehand.

The problem this time is that Pope Benedict XVI will make an official visit to the city of Genoa on May 18.

Due to security concerns and excess traffic in the area, the authorities have agreed to move Sampdoria-Juventus forward to Saturday May 17.

This means that if the result is connected to any of the races for qualification into the Champions League or UEFA Cup, then those other teams affected must also bring their games forward.

An even bigger situation could occur in Week 37, as if Fiorentina reach the UEFA Cup Final then their game with Parma must be played a day early so they can better prepare for the tournament.

Again, if this result is connected to any races – and it is extremely likely it will affect both the Champions League and relegation battles – then all those games would also have to be played on Saturday May 10.

At first glance that would include Juventus-Catania, Livorno-Torino, Napoli-Milan, Reggina-Empoli and Udinese-Cagliari, plus possibly Inter-Siena.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
    There is a possibility that Juve and Roma will end the season with equal points. Does anyone know what should happen then? Will we play spareggio (play-off game) or will another statistical figures (such as goal difference) be taken into consideration?

As far as I know, teams play spareggio if there is only one place in CL or CU or in relegation battle. In this case both Roma and Juve get place in CL and the only difference is that one of them will go directly to group phase and the other to 3 qualification round. So will they play spareggio for direct qualiification in the case of equal points?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    There aren't play-offs anymore. If we end with the same points as Roma, I think that the matches between us and Roma come into the consideration. And so we get the second and Roma gets third place.

Omair

Herticity
    Sep 27, 2006
    There aren't play-offs anymore. If we end with the same points as Roma, I think that the matches between us and Roma come into the consideration. And so we get the second and Roma gets third place.
    That's the fifth time, at least, I read this in this forum :p ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)