what was your honest target for this season

• we are Juve only scudetto will suffice

• everybody else but inter are shite, we should have 2nd place all sewn up

• CL qualification and consolidation of our finish last term

• jeez man with Ranieri in charge i was just hoping to stave off relegation

Results are only viewable after voting.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Not sure what's you're trying to say there.

I've said time and time again both Tiago and Ranieri should go, by the way.

All you have to harp on is how I defend Tiago. Big deal.

Now again prove to us how Ranieri has brought respect back to Juventus.
He's taken a team down to Serie B to a team that could play Chelsea head on,he's given them a CL spot the first season they came back when half of the people here expected a UEFA spot at best,he had this team in with a chance for the Scudetto for a decent part of the season,he had this team own the most sucecsful European team in history home and away.

You've even stated that you'd hate Ranieri if he gets us the CL,simply because 'He Doesnt Make Any Sense'.

You're the one hating him more for the way he handles the media than the way handles the football team.

And the point about Tiago and Ranieri is easy to get.Tiago was brought in when Ranieri couldnt sign Sissoko initially.Ranieri himself was brough in when Lippi couldnt be convinced.Both Tiago and were never the first choice.You use Tiago's status as the 2nd choice to attack Ranieri and defend Tiago himself,but when it comes to Ranieri himself(who was the 2nd cchoice after Lippi said no),all you have are curses and insults.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He's taken a team down to Serie B to a team that could play Chelsea head on,he's given them a CL spot the first season they came back when half of the people here expected a UEFA spot at best,he had this team in with a chance for the Scudetto for a decent part of the season,he had this team own the most sucecsful European team in history home and away.
The players deserve far more credit. And as we have seen this season, Ranieri has been more of a hinderance to our team, IMO.

You've even stated that you'd hate Ranieri if he gets us the CL,simply because 'He Doesnt Make Any Sense'.
If it was clear he didn't know what he was doing, yes I'd certainly still hate him.

You're the one hating him more for the way he handles the media than the way handles the football team.
Incorrect. I hate him for mostly the way he conducts the team. His foolish media statements come second.

And the point about Tiago and Ranieri is easy to get.Tiago was brought in when Ranieri couldnt sign Sissoko initially.Ranieri himself was brough in when Lippi couldnt be convinced.Both Tiago and were never the first choice.Yet you slam one,and defend the other .
Ranieri came out to say that Tiago wasn't first choice to the media. I don't recall anybody coming out to say Ranieri wasn't first choice.

More nonsense. Any more attacks?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But it doesn't depend on circumstances. Even on occasions when Ranieri's starting XI or subs have worked he doesn't get credit because he still isn't doing things the way some people want him to.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Well at the start of the season I didn't really expected us to win Scudetto, but as an every fan I hoped that somehow we could manage that, but hey Serie A is not fairy tale and we are sitting on position that we deserve. Even though I'm little dissapointed with the way Milan overtook us and how easily we lost second position, still with every game I hope that we can win and restore 2nd spot.

In CL we were great, and after we lost against Chelsea I never felt prouder to be a Juventino. We were a little bit unlucky, Chelsea changed their coach and were in form, but still we showed who we are, we played good and hardly lost to maybe most in-form club at the moment. Still I think that noone expected us to win CL or evene progres further than qourters.

My biggest dissapoitment was Coppa, even thought at first I really couldn't care less about this competition, but when we progressed to semis I really hoped that we will make final push and try to win it, at least for the sake of winning something. I didn't like the way we approached to our second game and even we were unluck to concede second goal, it's still no excuse for our letarghic approach and dispaly on the field.

All in all, we did solid job this season especially counting the number of games we played and how many injuries we had. Ranieri probably did best he could even with his horrible tactics and substitutions that noone understands. One thing I blame Ranieri is that he is always almost always satisfied with result no matter against who we play Catania, Chievo, Lecce, Inter etc.

I think that many here are overreacting mostly because we played really bad in last 4-5 matches and in those matches we barely drew with Inter, lost Coppa semis to Lazio and lost 2nd place. It's pretty hard to cope with all this at once, but that's life and there is no need to kill someone.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The players deserve far more credit. And as we have seen this season, Ranieri has been more of a hinderance to our team, IMO.

If it was clear he didn't know what he was doing, yes I'd certainly still hate him.

Incorrect. I hate him for mostly the way he conducts the team. His foolish media statements come second.

Ranieri came out to say that Tiago wasn't first choice to the media. I don't recall anybody coming out to say Ranieri wasn't first choice.

More nonsense. Any more attacks?
1)A classic example of how the players deserve credit for when it goes well,and how the manager gets all the shit when it goes wrong.I wont even argue here.Like i said,you're blinded by bias when it comes to Ranieri.It's funny how you bring up circumstances here to defend your point of view,which according to you,is always the best one out there.You refuse to give Ranieri credit for wins,yet you throw shit at him when he screws up.Thats the bottomline.

2)How exactly do you,or i know what he's doing?We judge him by his results.We judge him with our league position and our CL progress,and that has been decent,if not brilliant.

3)He has conducted the team alright.With the exception of the Giovinco situation,he has done OK.Yes,this includes Molinaro and the other any other players that get regular crap around here.

4)No one needed to say that Ranieri wasnt first choice.It was obvious from everything going around.Lippi was the first choice.We all knew it.The Tiago situation wasnt that obvious,because we were still pushing for Sissoko even after Tiago was signed.No one could judge that Tiago was the 2nd choice.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
But it doesn't depend on circumstances. Even on occasions when Ranieri's starting XI or subs have worked he doesn't get credit because he still isn't doing things the way some people want him to.
So he if starts Molinaro in goal, yet Del Piero scores four goals to win, Ranieri should still get some credit for the match?

Just admit it, many of Ranieri's decisions are illogical and many don't end up working. Even if we do win with Molinaro in goal, I'm not going to praise his choices for the match.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So he if starts Molinaro in goal, yet Del Piero scores four goals to win, Ranieri should still get some credit for the match?

Just admit it, many of Ranieri's decisions are illogical and many don't end up working. Even if we do win with Molinaro in goal, I'm not going to praise his choices for the match.
But very few of Ranieri's decisions are truly illogical.

He does heaps of things I don't agree with, but that doesn't mean that there isn't some reasonable logic behind the vast majority of those decisions.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1)A classic example of how the players deserve credit for when it goes well,and how the manager gets all the shit when it goes wrong.I wont even argue here.Like i said,you're blinded by bias when it comes to Ranieri.
Yes, your typical answer.

For the record, I gave Ranieri a chance during the first half of last year as I thought he'd be more like the Ranieri he once was who offered a chance to everybody and wouldn't get stuck with the same team sheet.

But once it was obvious that Ranieri did not live up to himself, yes, I had no choice but to hate him. He's not even a man as far as I'm concerned anymore.

2)How exactly do you,or i know what he's doing?We judge him by his results.We judge him with our league position and our CL progress,and that has been decent,if not brilliant.
I judge him by his decisions and then by results.

3)He has conducted the team alright.With the exception of the Giovinco situation,he has done OK.Yes,this includes Molinaro and the other any other players that get regular crap around here.
Don't agree, but that's all I'll say because there's no point in discussing things with you. Nobody will change their opinions.

It's just particularly two-faced how one can sit here and Ranieri needs to go but still defend what the guy did. It's nonsensical.

4)No one needed to say that Ranieri wasnt first choice.It was obvious from everything going around.Lippi was the first choice.We all knew it.
No confirmation of that. Unlike what Ranieri said about Tiago to the media, which we all heard.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Most of the people here don't like it when he makes like for like subs... They want him to take more risks... When he doesn't take the risk they want, it becomes illogical to them... Its just one of the example..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
icεmαή;1970357 said:
Most of the people here don't like it when he makes like for like subs... They want him to take more risks... When he doesn't take the risk they want, it becomes illogical to them... Its just one of the example..
Ahh yes, that's it!

Very grand post.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think we all agree that CR has to go, whats the points of arguing then??

That he is not the only responsible??

He def isnt! The board is at greater fault... comparing to CR "innocent" mistakes, they have made crimes, against our cause...

PS and Sal, please drop the lame took the team from serie B line,
we were never a serie B team, there has never ever been such a competitive serie b team...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Okay, take what is regarded as one of Ranieri's worst decisions: subbing Del Piero for De Ceglie away to Napoli.

Would I have made that change? No.

However, we were struggling in a difficult away game and Ranieri decided to try and close the game out and hold on for a draw. Bringing on a midfielder for a forward is a reasonable way to do this.

Obviously the decision back-fired and Ranieri got crucified for it.

I disagreed with the choice Ranieri made, but it wasn't an illogical decision.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nobody will change their views anyway, so there is no point really.

It's just weird to see people praising Ranieri while asking him to leave.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Okay, take what is regarded as one of Ranieri's worst decisions: subbing Del Piero for De Ceglie away to Napoli.

Would I have made that change? No.

However, we were struggling in a difficult away game and Ranieri decided to try and close the game out and hold on for a draw. Bringing on a midfielder for a forward is a reasonable way to do this.

Obviously the decision back-fired and Ranieri got crucified for it.

I disagreed with the choice Ranieri made, but it wasn't an illogical decision.
I can see why you would think it's logical though.

Not all of us have the same notions when it comes to this stuff though.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I think we all agree that CR has to go, whats the points of arguing then??

That he is not the only responsible??

He def isnt! The board is at greater fault... comparing to CR "innocent" mistakes, they have made crimes, against our cause...

PS and Sal, please drop the lame took the team from serie B line,
we were never a serie B team, there has never ever been such a competitive serie b team...
Of course the board is at fault. THEY hired him. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)