what was your honest target for this season

• we are Juve only scudetto will suffice

• everybody else but inter are shite, we should have 2nd place all sewn up

• CL qualification and consolidation of our finish last term

• jeez man with Ranieri in charge i was just hoping to stave off relegation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
i will just correct Cronios when he says that "He always blames, the players, the luck, the refs, the ball, the grass, the injuries, the form of our adversaries, everything else, than the real cause."
but than again Cronios say
"I dont think that CR is stupid, he does that on purpose..."

u know very well that CR never blames players or refs...In regards to grass we all remember game when Chelinni misread bounced ball and i think we lost that game..that was about grass, but he could blame Chello, instead he opted for grass, right???

So what is wrong with saying "we have lots of injured players". Isn't it better than just put blame on players.

Should he say , balerina is not performing or xxx Momo cost us 3 points when he got red carded x.

But he also said, that this team is more united than any other which he ever coached. It should say lots of it, should it?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
ok so i have been getting mightily pissed off recently at some of our "loyal" support and the constant whining that comes with us not winning trophy after trophy. now i am in agreement that the time has come for ranieri to clear out his locker and give someone with a fresh approach the chance to take this team on, buy some defensive reinforcements and hopefully add some creativity to supplement what should be one of the most potent strikeforces in europe.

that said however,what were your realistic ambitions for this season. lots of people here were extremely derogatory about our transfer campaign and yet are now extremely pissed off that we have missed out on a scudetto that NOBODY expected us to win, at any point in this season!
i have heard comments like "we have not progressed since last year" "this is proof that Ranieri is a loser" "this is unacceptable for any Juve team" and lately "i hope we lose this game" now forgive me if i am a touch naive but i will never wish this club to lose any game!

we were never going to seriously trouble Inter this season, they have too much money,a much larger squad and one of europes top managers at the helm, yet after 3/4 of a season we foolishly allowed ourselves to imagine us actually pulling it off. if that ahd happened then Ranieri would have been a genius, no doubt,but now that reality has sunk in and we realize that we are some way short of a title winning squad it is now suddenly his fault and he is a bumbling idiot.

some of you really need to take a long,hard look at yourselves and answer me this question- "what were your honest, realistic aims for the season? was it to qualify for the CL?was it to take 2nd place? was it to push Inter aside and claim our scudetto back? then answer me this, how far off are we from that right now? sure it has been a disappointing end to the season and yes, now we can all see what our deficiencies are but do any of you feel that maybe, perhaps, you have over-reacted slightly?

To be sincere.... more than getting pisssed about us getting nothing (which is always a possibility, more in our current situation post calciopoly)..... is the way things have turned out and the way we have lost even our personality.

Add to that Ranieri´s lack of balls and then sex obviously (nedved spamming, stupid substitutions,Gio benched and formations etc) , Secco and friends inneficiency (andrade, tiago and lack of defensibe signings).....and above all the way we are taken for amateurs against teams we supposedly should overwhelm...

The way the director of reggina reacted in this game´s weekends says all. Our enemies are no longer worried about how they will keep us at bay.... but get angry when they cannot score more goals to us.....
And the icing on the cake....Mourinho´s words after the inter game......

Just OWNED.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
i will just correct Cronios when he says that "He always blames, the players, the luck, the refs, the ball, the grass, the injuries, the form of our adversaries, everything else, than the real cause."
but than again Cronios say
"I dont think that CR is stupid, he does that on purpose..."

u know very well that CR never blames players or refs...In regards to grass we all remember game when Chelinni misread bounced ball and i think we lost that game..that was about grass, but he could blame Chello, instead he opted for grass, right???

So what is wrong with saying "we have lots of injured players". Isn't it better than just put blame on players.

Should he say , balerina is not performing or xxx Momo cost us 3 points when he got red carded x.

But he also said, that this team is more united than any other which he ever coached. It should say lots of it, should it?

He's never blamed the players as far as I remember but what's wrong with blaming the refs or the grass? The Mighty Mourinho is always doing the first and the great Alex Ferguson keeps doing the second.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Ranieri always looks forward to the next game rather than complain.

Many of the "illogical decisions" aren't illogical at all. When he subs in Iaquinta and lost the lead, it could be that Iaquinta can pressure the defence since he is always hustling the defenders which will make things easier for our defence or that he was trying to be more adventurous(which is what many want to see anyway huh?). There are always more than one explanation for his actions but inevitably, some always choose the most pessimistic one.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
icεmαή;1970357 said:
Most of the people here don't like it when he makes like for like subs... They want him to take more risks... When he doesn't take the risk they want, it becomes illogical to them... Its just one of the example..
I'm definitely one of those people. I wish Claudio would be more aggressive, and frequently try to press the other team - especially considering our wealth of excellent attackers and our weaknesses in other areas.

Like for like in a game where a change in philosophy is needed CAN be TOTALLY wrong. Like when our season was hanging in the balance (Genoa match), we desperately need goals, and Claudio subs in Marco and Grygera (meanwhile Trez and Seba are on the bench). While some people saw logic in this move, I for one say that it is entirely ILLOGICAL to bring on your 2 WORST performers when the season is on the line. Not to mention, he didn't even use our third sub.

My beef with Ranieri is not not winning the Scudetto, it's an accumulation of things:

- his tactical ineptitude, the games where he showed some tactical prowess can be counted on the fingers of one hand
- the countless games where he did not use all of his substitutes(incredibly irritating)
- the no thinkering with squad rotation
- the insistence not to play one of the most exciting players Italy has currently
- constant negating of obvious problems and accepting defeat

Those are all things that have made me fed up with Cladio, even though before I rarely bashed him and gave him all the benefit of a doubt.

I never expected us to win the Scudetto, but I'll be damned if I expected to have such a leaky defense, such lack of passing ability and overall atmosphere around the club. Realist or no realist, in my honest opinion, it's a wonder we managed to be 2nd all this time and it just goes to show how bad Serie A has become. But things aren't lookin' up, that's the real problem and changes are needed.
This is more or less bang on how I feel... I do however think with the right manager, the development of our youngsters, and a few slick moves in the mercato (DEFENSE, AM), this team will be very solid, and able to contend for major silverware. I truly believe that.

After our inability to assess the clear problems of our defense in the summer, I didn't initially think that we'd win the Scudetto (I was constantly whining about our lack of an attempt for Ivanovic- especially because of his ability to be play in two spots and our lack of funds to sign multiple defenders- sorry, I digress).

Just after the break though, when we were in striking distance, my sheer optimism allowed me to believe that a Scudetto was possible... especially since a near identical Inter squad (albeit under a different, unstable coach) basically shit the bed the year before, once the heat was on. I really thought the character of our champions could carry us through...

I was definitely naive. That 1-0 loss to Lazio, on the Manninger free kick booboo was a major turning point (just my opinion - and no personal insult meant to Manninger, who was absolutely awesome in Gigi's absence).

I think we all agree that CR has to go, whats the points of arguing then??

That he is not the only responsible??

He def isnt! The board is at greater fault... comparing to CR "innocent" mistakes, they have made crimes, against our cause...

PS and Sal, please drop the lame took the team from serie B line,
we were never a serie B team, there has never ever been such a competitive serie b team...
C.R. is totally not the only one at fault - but due to the points outlined by Vlat, I'm absolutely ready to see him leave. In terms of the Serie B aspect, all I have to say is look at our payroll last year, and the experience of our top players. While it's clear our team could be better, CR didn't have as little to work with as some people contend.

ur examples are all well & good but note before 2005 arsenal had won every competition on offer to them bar CL under wenger.....this alone has afforded him the time now and the faith of the fans to continue with his project.

as for SAF, when he took over they had not won the league since '67 which mean that they were not really accustomed to winning bar the FA cup the season b4 fergie was hired. fergie also came from a winning background where he had won the scottish league and the cup winner's cup. so again he may have bought his time. yeh it's true he had a troubled start, but at least during the darkest hr he was able to turn the ship round, the mark of winner.

can u realistically see ranieri turning our ship around? how can u lead a team to success when u urself have never been?
I'm still reeling at the inference that Claudio's situation (or ability) is comparable to Wenger or Ferguson's. Claudio is no spring chicken here; we know his philosophies. Are we waiting for him to blossom? I agree that patience is important for a team, but I don't agree with standing by someone who has proven themselves to be inflexible and in my opinion, technically inadequate (always debatable - it's easy to be a critic, much harder to coach) just for the sake of maintaining a patient philosophy.

Despite the fact I finally saw some quote from Camo sticking up for CR today, I just don't get the feeling that the team likes him all that much. I feel like he's lost the team, and Camo's being diplomatic, to help strengthen their resolve. He knows these last games are important. The team definitely does not look motivated right now, period.

Eℓvin;1970608 said:
Coppa was pretty fuckin realistic if you ask me. We'd never have an easier path and Ranieri fucked it up. Catania (home), Napoli (home, even that on PKs), Lazio owned our ass, could've had Sampdoria - fuckin Sampdoria in the final.
The advantageous schedule and opponents was the reason I got so invested and hopeful for a Silver Star, would last me for the next 2 seasons. But no the fuck face at the helm decides to tinker a little...

This is where "oh he did best he could with the team he had" theory goes to toilet, because we didn't fuckin have to beat anyone with a better squad. We got owned by midtable teams...
Fucking rights, Elvin. In my post the day of the match (which I had read on the gamecast), I didn't know that Chiellini wasn't available, so I was off on my point about leaving Chiello out. That said, how can you play Marco over Camo, and sit ADP? We could have had that silver star, I'm fucking convinced of it... and honestly, after everything this team has been through, I would've partied like a fucking rock star. For a group that has been relatively starved for success, a group that has a solid contingent of youngsters, that first trophy is a HUGE step towards helping them realize what it takes to win again. It also instills confidence in the squad, and it's always nice to decorate the jersey.

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #107
    So, we have the high hopers up there. The majority is concentrated on the second option. Reds and blues plus Amaurisimo and Virtual are the realists while some weirdos want to bite Ranieri's head off :D
    a real bunch of character we are eh? don't get me wrong it is great to dream,but when we break down the merits of our squad we ahve a few fantastic players and then far too much dead-wood. this was never a title winning team, not in a million year

:Never mind the new "niceness" of Juve,...I'd rather be hated and win
    finally,something we can agree on

Ranieri always looks forward to the next game rather than complain.

Many of the "illogical decisions" aren't illogical at all. When he subs in Iaquinta and lost the lead, it could be that Iaquinta can pressure the defence since he is always hustling the defenders which will make things easier for our defence or that he was trying to be more adventurous(which is what many want to see anyway huh?). There are always more than one explanation for his actions but inevitably, some always choose the most pessimistic one.
    i always get the feeling ranieri is haunted by his CL semi-final disaster whenever he is deciding his subs, he went bold and adventurous that day and it bit him in the ass and i believe he has the fear in him still........if he was to make an adventurous substitution and we still lost there would probably be less bitching about the decision but derision of his footballing knowledge....basically a lose-lose situation

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    a real bunch of character we are eh? don't get me wrong it is great to dream,but when we break down the merits of our squad we ahve a few fantastic players and then far too much dead-wood. this was never a title winning team, not in a million year
    You're definitely right Boz. Ranieri's done a pretty decent job with such a limited squad. I have nothing but respect for him but now we need a coach to build us a title contender team and I don't think Ranieri is the right man for this. We need to change him and move on.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
    Hmm did everyone expect Ranieri to field the first team for the Coppa Italia? I half-expected him to field what he actually fielded because it is a competition to see how the subs can perform so he put in Giovinco, Marchionni and Ariaudo. Although it is stated as one of the main goals of the season, he might find sticking to his philosophy more important than winning a minor cup.

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #110
    You're definitely right Boz. Ranieri's done a pretty decent job with such a limited squad. I have nothing but respect for him but now we need a coach to build us a title contender team and I don't think Ranieri is the right man for this. We need to change him and move on.
    have said before that i do not think he is the man for the future and believe we need to move him on if we are to progress,but the shit he is currently getting for accomplishing what all of us expected to accomplish is, well,a little bit sad

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Simply put my expectation was for this team to improve on third spot,achieving automatic CL qualification & giving some of the youngsters a chance to show potential.

Injuries aside there were chances aplenty to actually give Inter a run for their money here & there but everytime that oppurtunity arised the team failed.Hope was there for all the see with results against Real & Milan.

That being said if the board really wants to implement their 5yr plan they should focus on youth prospects,purchase established players that can play for a minimum of 5yrs & work on eliminating having a huge injury list that we have seen this season.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    have said before that i do not think he is the man for the future and believe we need to move him on if we are to progress,but the shit he is currently getting for accomplishing what all of us expected to accomplish is, well,a little bit sad
    Its not like he comes here and reads this. he has no clue about this "shit".

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
    Simply put my expectation was for this team to

1) improve on third spot,

2) achieving automatic CL qualification &

3) giving some of the youngsters a chance to show potential.
    so two of the three objectives are already met (since the third place will also ensure automatic CL qualification and ranieri did field ariaudo and gio in the coppa :p)

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    ok so i have been getting mightily pissed off recently at some of our "loyal" support and the constant whining that comes with us not winning trophy after trophy. now i am in agreement that the time has come for ranieri to clear out his locker and give someone with a fresh approach the chance to take this team on, buy some defensive reinforcements and hopefully add some creativity to supplement what should be one of the most potent strikeforces in europe.

that said however,what were your realistic ambitions for this season. lots of people here were extremely derogatory about our transfer campaign and yet are now extremely pissed off that we have missed out on a scudetto that NOBODY expected us to win, at any point in this season!
    i have heard comments like "we have not progressed since last year" "this is proof that Ranieri is a loser" "this is unacceptable for any Juve team" and lately "i hope we lose this game" now forgive me if i am a touch naive but i will never wish this club to lose any game!

we were never going to seriously trouble Inter this season, they have too much money,a much larger squad and one of europes top managers at the helm, yet after 3/4 of a season we foolishly allowed ourselves to imagine us actually pulling it off. if that ahd happened then Ranieri would have been a genius, no doubt,but now that reality has sunk in and we realize that we are some way short of a title winning squad it is now suddenly his fault and he is a bumbling idiot.

some of you really need to take a long,hard look at yourselves and answer me this question- "what were your honest, realistic aims for the season? was it to qualify for the CL?was it to take 2nd place? was it to push Inter aside and claim our scudetto back? then answer me this, how far off are we from that right now? sure it has been a disappointing end to the season and yes, now we can all see what our deficiencies are but do any of you feel that maybe, perhaps, you have over-reacted slightly?

i genuinely thought we had a squad that could make a really good go for the title...we definitely should have pushed Inter a lot harder....with a little more determination and some luck, things could have been very different

ClassiCo14

Mar 9, 2007
    I really didnt expect to win the CL trophy and scudetto this season.....Just that i wasn't admiring our attitude this season. I felt that we had more Heart last season.....

Some people should considered some key factors here like:

1). inter have a stronger side then us and have a least 3 fit and national players for like each position.

2). we had some bad injuries this year if you look at it and had some problems with the doctors.

3). our team fall apart if u look at inter or milan there players praise Mourinho and Ancelotti..ours havent really..Buffon is the guy we really praises a lot of the teams and he hasn't shown really any comfort to anything as i know off

4). i believe some supporters are too high of themselves...some i don't blame because we are Juventus and known for winning...

5). i am not a fan of ranieri's tactial play and sub roles and they way he starts Marchionni over Giovinco and etc.

6). we had some good signings and bad signungs it happeneds even when we had lippi and i due agree that we went to buy some wrong player when we need different tactical ones of preferred position.

We bought Sissoko, Amauri, and manniger who were our best signings

And if i recall 90% of you were against Sissoko and more for Tiago and looked what happened.(just a random percentage)

7). we failed with the Coppa that wished we could of won and play in the summer agiasnt the scudetto champs in the Super italian cup, just to get our team into the habbit of winning some trophies again.

8). Raineri and the board.......some good times and some bad...i want to see some more thrive and passion from us...an example was last year we played 100 times better agaisnt Inter with a tie and win now we played like crap with even a bigger sqaud then last years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)