• everybody else but inter are shite, we should have 2nd place all sewn up

• CL qualification and consolidation of our finish last term

• jeez man with Ranieri in charge i was just hoping to stave off relegation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok so i have been getting mightily pissed off recently at some of our "loyal" support and the constant whining that comes with us not winning trophy after trophy. now i am in agreement that the time has come for ranieri to clear out his locker and give someone with a fresh approach the chance to take this team on, buy some defensive reinforcements and hopefully add some creativity to supplement what should be one of the most potent strikeforces in europe.

that said however,what were your realistic ambitions for this season. lots of people here were extremely derogatory about our transfer campaign and yet are now extremely pissed off that we have missed out on a scudetto that NOBODY expected us to win, at any point in this season!
i have heard comments like "we have not progressed since last year" "this is proof that Ranieri is a loser" "this is unacceptable for any Juve team" and lately "i hope we lose this game" now forgive me if i am a touch naive but i will never wish this club to lose any game!

we were never going to seriously trouble Inter this season, they have too much money,a much larger squad and one of europes top managers at the helm, yet after 3/4 of a season we foolishly allowed ourselves to imagine us actually pulling it off. if that ahd happened then Ranieri would have been a genius, no doubt,but now that reality has sunk in and we realize that we are some way short of a title winning squad it is now suddenly his fault and he is a bumbling idiot.

some of you really need to take a long,hard look at yourselves and answer me this question- "what were your honest, realistic aims for the season? was it to qualify for the CL?was it to take 2nd place? was it to push Inter aside and claim our scudetto back? then answer me this, how far off are we from that right now? sure it has been a disappointing end to the season and yes, now we can all see what our deficiencies are but do any of you feel that maybe, perhaps, you have over-reacted slightly?

Buy on AliExpress.com

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
realistically i didnt expect us to win the scudetto, but was expecting us to put a fight for it which we did up to 4 games ago
considering that inter were not impressive we could have pushed them a lot more and be closer to them at this stage
therefore im kinda dissappointed also because we allowed milan to pass us for 2nd place while we had a 5-7pnt lead
it hasnt been a horrible season but it could have and should have been a bit better

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I expected us to finish exactly how we are going to finish this season.

top 4 finish in the league

CL first knock out round, maximum 1/4 finals

Coppa I didn't care.

I think if we didn't have these crazy injuries, then we could have done slightly better, but we still would not have won a major trophy.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Another person who either just doesn't understand or didn't even bother to read what people wrote. I don't really have time to keep repeating myself, but it's not because we won't be winning anything this season. It's how we went down making idiotic decisions that could have been prevented, how we truly have no idea what we're doing when we step onto the pitch, and how the problems seem to have just gotten worse throughout the season. If that is progress to some people, good for them.

That's all I have time for at this point.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

My beef with Ranieri is not not winning the Scudetto, it's an accumulation of things:

- his tactical ineptitude, the games where he showed some tactical prowess can be counted on the fingers of one hand
- the countless games where he did not use all of his substitutes(incredibly irritating)
- the no thinkering with squad rotation
- the insistence not to play one of the most exciting players Italy has currently
- constant negating of obvious problems and accepting defeat

Those are all things that have made me fed up with Cladio, even though before I rarely bashed him and gave him all the benefit of a doubt.

I never expected us to win the Scudetto, but I'll be damned if I expected to have such a leaky defense, such lack of passing ability and overall atmosphere around the club. Realist or no realist, in my honest opinion, it's a wonder we managed to be 2nd all this time and it just goes to show how bad Serie A has become. But things aren't lookin' up, that's the real problem and changes are needed.

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    nah andy please enlighten us all as to how with such a limited squad we were expected to put up a fight all the way through the season? before this season started everyone was creaming over Milan and Fiorentina's transfer strategy,if we are all honest we would all ahve settled for 3rd place at the beginning of the season. it is fucking typical of the attitude of too many people here taht we have some divine right to win-
    our squad is limited,both in star players and depth
    our manager has shown himself to be unable to make the right decisions at the right time
    we place far too much expectation on our younger players
    we have no backline save Chiellini

this is about honest expectations, if you or anyone else dreamed tat we would win the scudetto then i am sorry but it was foolish. i am not happy with how it went but i am pragmatic enough to understand that this was never a title winning squad

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I always thought that our most realistic target is to roam around the second, third or even fourth places along with a group qualification in the CL. That was what I thought we are mostly capable of doing, even before our infamous transfer campaign.

I agree that we could have done better but how much better? Not much, we could have probably secured the second place spot in an easier fashion but to take the title from Inter was realistically impossible, Inter having won the Scudetto last season with a mediocre manager have not only improved but made a quality jump forward by assigning Mourinho.

We might have advanced to the quarter finals of the CL and I repeat MIGHT but then again we weren't that far away from that, even with a "miserable" transfer campaign and an "inept" manager.

Over and out

FORZA JUVE

N.B A similar thread can be made for the following season. That way we can make record on what our objectives are or how we, fans, see our objectives along with expectations.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
    The management and Ranieri assured us that we aim to improve our position from last season. And we were 2nd with a significant point advantage over Milan, I assume keeping this place till the end of the season was a realistic target then, as it has been reality for months. Not reaching this, or rather loosing, because we had second place in our hands, I'll consider as a failure. We have a few matches to regain it though, it's possible but we play Milan away also...

Yes, honestly I expected second place and a silver star this season, which we failed to get already.

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    :agree: maybe have one for the start of the season and see where our support see us going

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #12
    nah after the wonderful mercato that Fiorentine and Milan will have it will be nice to remind everyone that we were always DOOMED to start with

Jun 13, 2007
    Having an inferior squad to Inter is really beyond the point. As Juve, our goal for every season is to come out as winners, regardless of superior competition, incompetent coaches, and injuries. Inter have always had bigger names than Juve in the past years, Milan have always had the luxury of buying whoever they wanted, however, we still won.

The reason we won was because we had an excellent management behind the team. That's what separated us from the rest, it wasn't the players, or the coach, it was the management that always gave us the edge.

To be honest, losing our management was always what I feared most after the Calciopoli. I didn't really think the players and Capello would be such a significant blow to the team, they were all replacable, Moggi and co. weren't.

We have a bunch of idiots running the team now and we can't do anything about it. As for expectations, I guess we should all have faith in our players. If Zanetti, Camo, Del piero, and Buffon were the same players they were last year, if Giovinco was given more chances, if we did not suffer so many injuries, who knows what might have happened. And really when you come to think about it, with all our bad results, misfortunes, idiocy, and mistakes, we're only 9 points from 1st place. Ultimately, I don't think aiming for the Scudetto at the start of the season is unrealistic at all.

Apr 17, 2009
    I didn't really expect to win anything except maybe the coppa. i did expect us to take second place though. Ranieri has been hit or miss all season for me. mostly miss though. some of his tactics, or lack there of, and squad selections have confused me to say the least. it kinda leads me to believe that he won't give some players a chance due to pre-conceived notions or judgments he has made on them. we cant place full blame on his head though for where we are in the league right now. we had our chances to close the gap a few times and we missed every one. whether it comes down to his complete lack of motivational skills or his very predictable tactics and team choices, he leaves much to be desired. especially when we see mourinho on inters bench every game. I'm not going to place the blame squarely on ranieri but i will say this: he surely doesn't live up to his tinkerman nickname and he's also made it a bit easy for our opposition at times.

we shouldnt be drawing with chievo or reggina we should be stomping them into the ground on our way through. he seems too content with mediocrity and not getting proper results we should. at the end of the season i really feel he should resign to same some face. this isn't just about his paycheck every week and it feels like thats the only thing he is showing up for at this point.

:ultra:

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #15
    cool so lets get the triade back, make badass the manager and sign the hull city squad and the scudetto is ours

we always won because we always had the best squad balance, sure they were not always the biggest name players but there was always someone of almost similar quality to fill in wherever required.that, my friend is a title winning squad

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Realistically, qualifying for the champions league and achieving some nice results (à la Real Madrid matches) was all we could ask for.

However, given how the season has evolved, we cannot be satisified with those initial objectives. It was clear that, apart for Inter, other serie A teams have been disappointing.
    Therefore, I absolutely understand the fans who are disappointed with how things went. Especially the last month has been an absolute disgrace, not something you can accept from a team called Juventus.

The season is not over yet, and any manager should understand that there is a psychological effect to finish second, on top of Milan, even if that doesn't change a thing regarding CL qualification. Ranieri should fire up the squad to reach this objective; failing this, his future with us can legitimately be put in question.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I expected us and Milan to be second and third (or third and second) and I hoped we could mount some kind of challenge to Inter.

I maintain that, while this season has not been good, it certainly hasn't been as disaterous as some people would have you believe. Yet.

Cuti

The Real MC
    Jul 30, 2006
    I expected us to finish 2nd, CL i was hoping we'd pass the group, and i honestly thought we would win the Coppa.

So, thus far, 1/3 achieved, 1/3 failed, 1/3 still in the balance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)