• we are Juve only scudetto will suffice

• everybody else but inter are shite, we should have 2nd place all sewn up

• CL qualification and consolidation of our finish last term

• jeez man with Ranieri in charge i was just hoping to stave off relegation

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Boz, you have to specify when, before, or after the transfer period finished?

IMO, we never had any realistic chances to win the championship.
Personally i preferred that we will focus on building up our team and make the right acquisitions that will give us that possibility in the future.
Unfortunately, our summer transfer again failed to deliver that. We sacrificed this development of our team to competitive levels and instead of fixing our issues with starters, we chose to buy some better subs.

Therefore our announced and official target became to improve our position since last year.
Our management were keep repeating that! And we sacrificed our long term plans and the so called "five year plan" for this momentary gain, we now demand, at least, to see the fruits of this promise.

This is not what i wished, but this was our goal. If we fail that, our failure will be double, both to our goal and our future!!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This is a good moment to brag.
Unlike those who are now very loud now how they knew it all the time, Dominic and myself said it all in July.
Those who now know everything either didn't say anything in the forecast thread or their predictions were completely wrong.

Here:
http://www.juventuz.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1700999&postcount=91
Yeah, I know a defence is more than just the players in it. But the 'easiest' way to improve the backline's quality, is by getting better individuals. Like Sateeh said, we conceded a lot of goals last season by individual mistakes.

We did strengthen the defence, like we strengthened the squad. But did we strengthen the first 11? Probably not.

The board improved our strengths, but barely adressed our weaknesses. We improved our attack, protection from midfield and power. Things we had in abundance last season.

Our problem area's were our depth, creativity/dynamic(call it what you will) from midfield and lack of (individual) quality at the back. We only resolved the depth issue, our bench is much better now. Maybe the management thought that our lack of depth was indeed our biggest problem. They might have a point, as we did well in big matches and we showed some good football near the end of the season when finally everybody was fit.

I think we have less money than was indicated before off-season, as those other area's don't need that much to be improved upon. That, or the board do lack competence as many here claim.

Yeah, you're right again.

As for the depth, it's great that we added more depth but i think that with this we only nullified our CL participance.
We'd have done better last year if we had this year's team. With Amauri and Giovinco we wouldn't have suffered at the time when Del Piero wasn't performing in first part of the season, with Gio we'd have had a very good replacement of Nedved, instead of using Palladino or Salihamidzic there. With Sissoko and Poulsen we added great cover for the defense, something we lacked a lot in the first part of last season. I'm only sorry we didn't address the problem we have on the right side, in case Camo's injured again, and that's why i wanted Stankovic.
But playing 8 CL matches until New Year nullifies all of this and that's why i don't expect improvement of our position in serie A standings and i predict 3rd place, again.

2 more players for the defense and a guy who plays as good in CM as in MR will make this team a favorite in every front.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
About the topic, with those couple of signings and the way season started of expected 2nd position. (with roma and milan both s--king). In CL expected to qualify from group stage and with better luck in draw make the Quarters. Sadly we didnt had luck.

Didnt expect to win any titles. But hoped to make a bigger improvement in overall.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Where have i said that?
Good that you asked. I will answer you the moment you answer where did i say all those things you credited me for saying in the last month when you come here only to remind me "what i said in the past".
Now that i show you what i said in the past you imediately come up with "people who say i told you so".

So from now on either quote me when i say something or do not twist my words and do not accuse me for saying it, please.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The problem i have with the einseteins on the forum,is the fact that Ranieri is being held solely responsible for the whole thing.It has come down to a point where every step,action and move made by Ranieri (and the board) will be slammed and questioned,even if the motive behind it may be correct.And it's become very very boring to be honest.

I dont honestly think that anyone expected us to win the league or the CL this year,but because the frustration with Ranieri has grown so much (some fairly,some unfairly),he will get sworn upon for everything and anything.People had issues with Capello,people had issues with Deschamps,people have issues with Ranieri..seriously,is Lippi the only man who can coach this team?We could get Prandelli,Vialli,Rijkard..anyone..a bad patch,and he'd get torn apart too.Grow the fuck up already.

Yes,im sure we all agree that Ranieri needs to go,but if someone tries to tell me that Ranieri has done no good for Juventus,then you are pretty fucked in the head.Granted,he's made his mistakes,he's made his errors,but he has restored some sense of pride and respect in the entity that is Juventus.

We are not a team in crisis.We have achieved what was expected of us this season.Perhaps we've even done better,but everyone thought we would get owned in the CL,but guess what?We were the best Serie A team there,and we could have beaten Chelsea on another day.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes,im sure we all agree that Ranieri needs to go,but if someone tries to tell me that Ranieri has done no good for Juventus,then you are pretty fucked in the head.Granted,he's made his mistakes,he's made his errors,but he has restored some sense of pride and respect in the entity that is Juventus.
What?

Well, then I'll proudly say I'm fucked in the head because that's less embarrassing than claiming Ranieri has restored pride and respect to Juventus. Quite the opposite actually.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Yes you are fucked in the head.

Just because he plays the 4-4-2,refuses to call Tiago the greatest thing since sliced bread,wanted Sissoko,doesnt Giovinco as much as you'd like does not mean that he's an embarassment to the team.

Out of all tehse things,your criticism of how he's handled is Giovinco is justifed.Everything else is down to nothing but blind bias that people like you and Vinman obviously dont want to let go of.

He's taken a team down to Serie B to a team that could play Chelsea head on,he's given them a CL spot the first season they came back when half of the people here expected a UEFA spot at best,he had this team in with a chance for the Scudetto for a decent part of the season,he had this team own the most sucecsful European team in history home and away..

What more do you want from a team that has just come back from Serie B?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes you are fucked in the head.

Just because he plays the 4-4-2,refuses to call Tiago the greatest thing since sliced bread,wanted Sissoko,doesnt Giovinco as much as you'd like does not mean that he's an embarassment to the team.

Out of all tehse things,your criticism of how he's handled is Giovinco is justifed.Everything else is down to nothing but blind bias that you obviously dont want to let go of.
Yeah, OK.

Tell me what's so great about Ranieri then.

You even said it yourself he should go. How the hell can you sit there and tell me this crap when even you want him gone.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There is a difference between saying Ranieri is great and saying that he doesn't deserve the level of criticism he gets.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The post above me answers your question Andy.

He had this time.Did a good job.Now its time for him to go.No one expected him to win us trophies.He was always going to be a temporary manager to give some sort of foundation that can be built upon.Hell,apparently he was even signed because Lippi didnt want to come back.You have sympathy for Tiago when Ranieri says he wants Sissoko over him,but you slam Ranieri when he came in only after Lippi didnt want to come back.

Barring the Giovinco situation,he's done well.Now it's time for someoen else to take over.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Salman said that Ranieri restored some respect for Juventus. That is not true. Just look at how Mourinho toys with him every weekend, how now the majority of the supporters have lost any respect for him, and how the players are seemingly tired of the manager as well. And worst of all, his general comments to the media are that of defeat, which I'm sure our detractors out there love hear.

It's a joke what Salman said, and totally not true whatsoever. The complete opposite actually.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You have sympathy for Tiago when Ranieri says he wants Sissoko over him,but you slam Ranieri when he came in only after Lippi didnt want to come back
Not sure what's you're trying to say there.

I've said time and time again both Tiago and Ranieri should go, by the way.

All you have to harp on is how I defend Tiago. Big deal.

Now again prove to us how Ranieri has brought respect back to Juventus.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Who cares what Mourinho says?

A manager should be judged by his results on the pitch and Ranieri's have been adequate at worst.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We're now a more sympathetic and likable club. Basically we're giving our ass and others are having fun with it.

We should be those ball busting mofos we used to be and not let anyone spit on Juve's name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)